Out of the way places no one knows about in Magic Kingdom?

Forgive the noob-ish question, I am much more of a Disneyland-er and it's been a while since I've been to Florida, but we're going in the summer and we need an out of the way location to sort of use as a "home base" in the Magic Kingdom. In DL we use the Main Street Cinema, but it looks like in MK it's basically a gift shop type thing as compared to DL's standalone theater, please correct me if I'm wrong... So basically we just need an out of the way spot, preferably air conditioned and on Main Street if possible... Any of you folks know of such a place?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Out of the way places no one knows about in Magic Kingdom?

Depends. What are you two going to DO in such a place?

Ah, sorry nothing that exciting I'm afraid, lol. For example we used the Cinema House in DL mainly to meet up, regroup, plan and even eat our dinner and stuff in there. We just kinda want a landmark with not many other people around we can use as our HQ so to say.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

So your family doesn't do cell phones?

Or are we back in the 80's?

• Metro-Retro Historian

If it doesn't have to be air conditioned I'd go with the old Swan Boat dock. It's still on the map but not actually labeled as anything anymore. It can be found in the hub on the water just north of the walkway to Tomorrowland. It's very visible, so not technically out of the way, but almost no one ventures down there.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• Minion

Hmmm, WDW's Main Street tends to be a bit more congested. The train station, maybe?

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

All the quiet areas like this have been converted into smoking areas or are now part of an interactive game.
    -Bill

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    All the quiet areas like this have been converted into smoking areas or are now part of an interactive game.
    This.

The ONLY area I can think of that is truly quiet, is the old Flower cart area on Main Street.

But my snarky answer would be:

Sure Country Bear Jamboree, Enchanted Tiki Room and Carousel of Progress. All so quiet, and empty! lol
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

I'm afraid your not going to find any quiet air conditioned place on Main Street to regroup. Main Street is busy from 11am on and remains that way until park close. You can Use the half way point center street on Main Street. There are tables back there and it's never a busy place because it leads to a dead end. It's outdoors though so you will be exposed to the elements.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

This is for a blind date, isn't it?

Ok. here are some suggestions. Main street Station second level, though you will have passer by's coming through, you will have the station largerly to yourself. There are a couple of the old games from the penny arcade, benches, and AC.

Storybook Circus, the back tent for the FP distribution. again you will have people come and go, but few stay past the time it takes to get a FP. It is covered but not AC'ed, and there are some benches.

Repunzels tower in Fantasyland. Shady, not covered, but there are seats and plugs availible next to the seats so you can charge electronic devices.

Plaza Pavillion between mainstreet and TL. covered, plenty of seating availible and even though it is open air, it is air conditioned.

The pirate and the Parrot across of PotC, and adjacent to Pecos Bills. It is part indoor and part out doors, and has many nook's and crannys to just hang out in and veg.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'd go with Tomorrowland Terrace. They hardly use it as a restaurant anymore (only when it's really busy - they've been using it for breakfast lately though while the Bakery is converted into a Starbucks location), so it's empty and quiet most of the time. It's covered so if it rains you're good. Only time I've seen it used is the Wishes dessert party, but that's only the lower level of the restaurant. The back part you can still hang out in when when the dessert party is going on.

• If we can dream it.......

aimster beat me to it. I would have to agree with the Tomorrowland Terrace suggestion, there is hardly ever anyone in there

Theres a small sitting area down near the moat in the flower gardens that is quite nice. I'm not exactly sure how to point you toward it though. It's on the right side towards the front of the castle.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I'd go with Tomorrowland Terrace. They hardly use it as a restaurant anymore (only when it's really busy - they've been using it for breakfast lately though while the Bakery is converted into a Starbucks location), so it's empty and quiet most of the time. It's covered so if it rains you're good. Only time I've seen it used is the Wishes dessert party, but that's only the lower level of the restaurant. The back part you can still hang out in when when the dessert party is going on.
    totally agreed! TT would be my first. I incorrectly thought it was call Plaza Pavillion on my orginal response.