• keep moving forward...

space mountain... witht the lights on???

on my recent trip to disney world the highlight of the day came near the end of an almost perfect day at epcot... we hopped to magic kingdom, waited in the 1 and a half line for space while my sister and little cousin were on the people mover, and when we finally got there (we were literally just about to get through the turnstiles) they claimed the ride had technical difficulties... we were distributed fast passes for later in the night (it was already 11:30) and we headed to the people mover because we were informed you can ride it continuously without getting off... before i start with the point i just want to say how incredible it was doing this with my little cousin... he was very exited that we got the front seat... when my sister asked him why he said it was because we got to see everything first (an example of the magic of a child visiting disney for the first time) so as we passed through space mountain i knew exactly what was coming, and i warned my sisters and cousin that what they are about to see is something most disney fans never see (they gave me odd looks and shrugged) we got in and the entire mountain was completely white inside, it was bassically a giant warehouse, the tracks were really close together... it was really amazing to see such a great ride with a behind the scenes look.

my sister and i did end up getting on the ride and i got the very last seat (wow... its that much cooler) then exited the ride where we were surprised to find that disney was shoing a day early "testing" presentation of the new years eve fireworks.

this basically sums up the rest of my trip report to disney world, i was shocked to find that the wonders of life at epcot had been closed, since we had been there the day before new years and it seemed to be buissness as usual.

• WDW FAN

Re: space mountain... witht the lights on???

i have pix from inside space mountain with the lights on. i too was on the people mover when the ride shut down. they are pretty cool, a little green and slightly blurry but you get the idea of the size of the track and ride

• Self Congratulative

Definitely a cool experience.

• Banned User

several years back when my daughter was in middle school they went to MK for a "science project" they had to ride Space mountain twice. once with the lights on and once with the off. She doesn't like rollercoasters that much anyway but she did say it was cool to not only see where she was going but also see all the track.

• Banned User

I found out that the 2 track are idential to each ofter. I rode B side and their are 7 on the left and 11 on the right. It gives you a look that you will run in to the other track at any time. I loved it.