• Nutty about Disney parks

Consequences of MyMagic+ rearing its ugly head?

Rumor round-up for May 11, 2013: Avatar news, Transformers previews, Old Town haunts & Star Wars fireworks
    If too much money is going in a proposed Avatar land, expect something in that land to get downsized to make up for it. It’s hard to believe a company reporting over $1.5 Billion in profit for the quarter (the quarter!) would provide less to the very guests who gave them that profit, but this is the company that nickel and dimed its own Annual Passholders by slashing the merchandise discount earlier this year.
    I don't know whether to feel relieved or terrified by the downsizing of Avatarland. If Disney doesn't get their stuff together with their whole MyMagic+, which has suffered one delay after another, we could see a new Dark Age hit for the whole Disney Parks. I mean, this is a billion they are gambling on, estimate the same amount spent to fix DCA.

• Senior Minion

Re: Consequences of MyMagic+ rearing its ugly head?

The photo in that article is hysterical!!!
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Rumor round-up for May 11, 2013: Avatar news, Transformers previews, Old Town haunts & Star Wars fireworks

I don't know whether to feel relieved or terrified by the downsizing of Avatarland. If Disney doesn't get their stuff together with their whole MyMagic+, which has suffered one delay after another, we could see a new Dark Age hit for the whole Disney Parks. I mean, this is a billion they are gambling on, estimate the same amount spent to fix DCA.
    You Should feel terrified because if they put in a half A@$ attraction it will be there for all of us to enjoy/avoid. If they are going to do any attraction in any park I want them to go all out not save money for a useless program like MM+ And turning in a potential boat ride through a jungle to a walk through is funny to me. POTC was going to be a walk through and they decided to turn it into a boat ride. That worked out well it would seem they are going backwards now LOLOL

• Disneyland 20 year APH

I think Disney would make a better return by investing that money into the stock market instead of their own parks.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Minion

As stupid as I find the whole Avatar concept, I shudder to think that they'd go ahead with it without the money to do more than a half-assed job. Better to not have it at all.