Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

re: Wealthy Moms Hiring Handicapped Guides to Skip Lines (merged)

People abusing the handicap access to most attractions is nothing new, its been happening for years. This is probably just the first time it got loose in the media. I used to work Splash Mountain in California and the handicap guests go through the exit naturally. But back when I worked the attraction, during the days when the park was crowded, the line for the handicap access could get long and back into the photo preview room. What really irritated me was that A LOT of people that would come in with someone riding a wheelchair and abuse it. In other words, there would be groups of 6 or more, one of them in the chair and the person in the chair would not ride the attraction but the rest of the party would. To me, that is clear abuse of the system. If you're in a wheelchair and you are going to use the system to get to the front of the line, then YOU MUST, or at LEAST SHOULD ride with the rest of your party. If you are not, then you should wait outside the attraction while THE REST of your party waits in stand by or the fast pass line with everyone else who are fully capable of waiting in a hour plus line!!! It is not fair to the rest of the guests who are waiting in a long line, fast pass or not, and do not have the luxury of accompanying a person in a wheelchair and using the easy access. During these busy days, there was usually a CM posted for this handicap line and would manage it and usher people onto the attraction. Whenever I worked this post, if there were any abusers, I would politely tell them that the person in the chair must either ride with the rest of their party, or everyone who wants to ride would have to go through the stand by line. I wouldn't let any abusers get past me. Too bad not everyone works on the same page.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

Wealthy People Hire Disabled People to Hold Spots in Line for Them

Not sure if this was posted before, but I just found this out and felt like sharing.

Disney vows action after report of rich hiring disabled to skip lines - CNN.com

Apparently some rich people are hiring disabled people to pose as family members and hold spots in line for them. That...that just brings my blood to an absolute boil. That's downright dirty and sickening and I do hope Disney stomps this out.

PS: Here's the video that linked me to the article to begin with.
    Rich People 'Rent' the Disabled to Skip Disney World Lines - YouTube
    It provides a little more information, but I would...avoid it though if you A) Dislike liberals B) Hate people ranting on how much they hate the Disney Co. and parks and how much they suck (Somewhere past the midpoint of the video)

PSS: I would also avoid the comments of both the article and video. Usual internet arguments erupted in its usual fashion...

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

Re: Wealthy People Hire Disabled People to Hold Spots in Line for Them

Whoops, sorry guys. I missed the earlier post while skimming through. I'll tell a moderator to delete this thread right now.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• Mostly Harmless.

Re: Wealthy People Hire Disabled People to Hold Spots in Line for Them

Eh, the mods can merge threads. Anyways if this is happening it is a very horrible thing. However, I did venture to Dream Tours website and it seems that they're goal is helping handicapped individuals and families enjoy the parks. Now it is entirely possible that a person can abuse this program (that would make them lowest people in the world), but I would hope that people have more humanity than this. Also, as someone pointed out in the other thread, has anyone waited 2.5 hours for small world?
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Re: Wealthy Moms Hiring Handicapped Guides to Skip Lines (merged)

Personally I can't say that Small World's line has ever exceeded 45 minutes, and I think that was just posted time I think we were on it in less than 30...

I said it once and I'll say it again, we take things for granted till something like this seriously though I know I've parked in between handicap spots before when waiting on someone to come out of the grovery store, but I think this is part of what our country is becomming everyone is me me me, less and less people tend to care about the collective good..
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Mostly Harmless.

^This
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Metro-Retro Historian

I wish I could say I'm surprised by this, but having known some wealthy people of this apparent personality type, I'm not.

Also, as a former It's a Small World attraction host, I don't even know how they could put a up a queue for a 2.5 hour wait. I don't think there's enough space over there to put that many people without blocking off the path to Liberty Square.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

Totall not surprised.
    For the love of Disney....

• Minion

what I don't get about this is who would want to spend almost their entire vacation with a total stranger? at least if your with a disney tour guide they are getting paid a ton to take you around tell you some interesting facts, they are professionals of the highest order. with these guys though its just a strange weirdo in a wheelchair you have around your family all day, it would be too awkward for me to enjoy my vacation that way.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123