Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Disney needs to put Avatar on hold.

Avatarland needs to be put on hold permanently or at the least moved to DHS where it actually fits the theme.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by danielz6 View Post
    Avatarland needs to be put on hold permanently or at the least moved to DHS where it actually fits the theme.
    Avatar fits Hollywood theme. Now that is a stretch!!!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    Why are we talking lawsuits? Disney is asking for theme park rights. If it doesn't use it, there is no basis for Cameron suing. I happen to think there's enough land for this project. There is something wrong when at WDW, they seem to find the money for hotels and time shares and very little money for attractions.
    James Cameron.

Need I say more?

• Adventures with Duffy

I would love to see Epcot get refurbished. I wish they look at all the parks before adding something like Avatar.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Earth Intruder

I hope they put Avatarland out to pasture, permanently. I love James Cameron's films, but Avatar was the most insipid, forgettable film he has done. I understand Disney's reasons for wanting to cash in on it initially, but I think that money ship has sailed.

Is anyone out there still purchasing Avatar merchandise? Anyone really clamoring to wear tails or paint their face blue? Anyone just *have* to get out there to get their plastic unobtanium ring? Or glowing lotus water (or whatever they drank in that movie)?

Hell, you think that most people can name one character from the movie? Let's see... the cute guy, Sigourney Weaver, the grizzled scar military guy, the lesbian, and Blue Nala. That's as far as I remember.

It was lame when it was announced, and lame now.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Heavy Breather

Here we go again....

Any who here's my two pieces of copper with Abraham Lincolns' face embroided onto them.

Avatar was a good movie, definitely Cameron's best(Terminator 2), but an OK film over all. Some of the acting was nice(Sigourney Weaver), the music was good, and I just thought the look of Pandora was beautiful. I'm interested to see what Disney could do with an evironment of that caliber, yet not in Animal Kingdom. I just don't think the time is right. They should wait until the two sequels are released and see how they do(critically and financially). I'm open to the idea of an Avatar land, I just think its too soon.

EPCOT on the other hand is a different story: Spaceship Earth needs a completed descent and a new script/narrator (Patrick Stewart or Liam Nesson). Energy needs to be rid of Ellen, update all of the dinosaurs, and of course a new narrator(I wouldn't mind Bill Nye narrating). Wonders of Life should be reopened with new attractions and exhibits. Mission Space should be the originally planned space pavilion with the moonwalk experience narrated by Lennord Nimoy. Test Track is fine. Imagination: We should take Mystic Manor, and give it a Imagination makeover with DF and Figment(and of course reopen the upstairs with new exhibits). The Land is OK, except for the environmental film, and bring back the original theme song(which should also be done with SSE, UoE, and Test Track should have the World of Motion music playing in the loop area). The Seas needs to be rid of Nemo, it was fine as it was.

With that said, World Showcase just needs more attractions, like a Godzilla attraction for Japan, or the long rumored Doctor Who ride for Great Britain.

Ideas said, Vader out.

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by Brack Daddy View Post
    Says you.
    Mission: SPACE is one my favorite attractions - and the only one like it in the world. It is also the most appropriate attraction for Future World. Nothing says "the future of humanity" like planet colonization.
    You can't be serious? Really, Mission: SPACE is one of your favorite attractions? Let me ask you something Brack Daddy, have you ever seen it's predecessor Horizons? I rode it when I was at Epcot when I was nine years old, and it was a breathtaking ride all about the 1980's take on the our time the 21st century. Horizons beats Mission: SPACE to pieces, and there really needs a Horizons 2.0 being all about the 2010's take on the 22nd century. All Mission: SPACE is nothing but a lame ride where you just sit in some capsule and spin around.

I like the Mystic Manor with Figment idea. That would be incredible and exactly what Epcot needs. It's almost ridiculous to do Energy anymore because its so outdated. You would think all the big oil Fraking companies would jump on redoing it. Even Soarin is outdated. Seriously, how much would it really cost them to do a new movie?! They're still using film! Could you imagine it in HD?

Just shows they don't give a crud. If they did, they would ditch Cameron and convert all the ride designs into Star Wars Land.

While I'd like to see something original rather than a tie in I think Avatar could make a good theme park addition. The visuals of the movie were great and I think an environment based on this would be a great place to explore.

I actually think Avatar could be a better fit for EPCOT rather than AK. WOL could be repurposed into avatar world - you could have a great indoor outdoor environment like Mexico and a strong Ecology theme which would fit EPCOTs ideals but in a different way to other pavilions

• dream out loud

Just two pages of comments? Come on, people!! Yes, put a HALT to Avatarland!!!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by airick75 View Post
    Just two pages of comments? Come on, people!! Yes, put a HALT to Avatarland!!!
    That's not everyone's opinion. This just reminds me of the Carslands debates all over again. I still believe this can be a success. I also believe they can do more with all the parks at the same time but they have to spend money and that will not happen.

•   
    • Artistic integrity

Avatar Land / James Cameron was designed to be the "Potter Swatter" wasn't it?

They got Cameron to sign a deal with Disney ... aka JK Rowling to Universal ... right?

Well .. since Disney execs and Cameron shaked hands on that deal ... Disney bought Lucas Film.

And if you all look at it ... which "weighs" more on the teeter totter? Avatar .. or Star Wars?

So .. it seems to me ... if Disney wants a "Potter Swatter" .. it's pretty obvious what should be lined up next.

And as far as contracts go .. (if already signed) .. what's to stop the co. from simply putting it "on hold". Not cancelled .. just temporarily shelved. Surely .. there will be some "legalities" to that. But not as much as - just completely cancelling ... which would have the "Cameron" Legal Team in full action.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    Avatar Land / James Cameron was designed to be the "Potter Swatter" wasn't it?
    It was. But I'm still baffled that this was the best Disney could do.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Avatarland will do an amazing job to drive international business to Orlando. BRING ON AVATARLAND. All hail the blue aliens!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    It was. But I'm still baffled that this was the best Disney could do.
    The sad thing is that when you consider who is running Disney Parks, and whose idea AvatarLand was, it's not baffling at all.

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    Avatarland will do an amazing job to drive international business to Orlando. BRING ON AVATARLAND. All hail the blue aliens!
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast