Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

•   
    • Minion

Re: Disney needs to put Avatar on hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    Avatar Land / James Cameron was designed to be the "Potter Swatter" wasn't it?
    I have never seen Avatar even mentioned in this capacity from Disney. Any sources? I am guessing they were hoping the new FL would serve that purpose. I think they are just using it to add ore attractions to DAK a franchise on the level of Harry Potter would be Star Wars.

Please no, I like most James Cameron's films and was a big fan of Aliens, but Avatar will not stand the test of time and will go down as a heavily CGI'd and heavy handed political message. Not my kind of Disney.
    Wait for Black Hole the movie to be redone - Director on it (Oblivion, Tron) is amazing and that will be an awesome futuristic franchise and you don't need to pay James. Do Tron or Blackhole...as it is more kid friendly. Just because James Cameron is set to do only Avatar movies from here on out doesn't mean Disney needs to follow that train down.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bezerkus View Post
    Please no, I like most James Cameron's films and was a big fan of Aliens, but Avatar will not stand the test of time and will go down as a heavily CGI'd and heavy handed political message. Not my kind of Disney.
    Wait for Black Hole the movie to be redone - Director on it (Oblivion, Tron) is amazing and that will be an awesome futuristic franchise and you don't need to pay James. Do Tron or Blackhole...as it is more kid friendly. Just because James Cameron is set to do only Avatar movies from here on out doesn't mean Disney needs to follow that train down.
    and how do either of those apply to animal kingdom. i despise the avatar idea but just throwing in something else that doesn't fit isn't the answer either.

• film975

Isn't strange though that Disney hasn't released any new information on the Avatarland project at all since its original announcement? Not even concept art for that matter. Either there's some kind of gag order on the whole deal, or perhaps they are saving it for this year's D23 Expo, or most likely it may be creative differences. I tend to think it's the later.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    Isn't strange though that Disney hasn't released any new information on the Avatarland project at all since its original announcement? Not even concept art for that matter. Either there's some kind of gag order on the whole deal, or perhaps they are saving it for this year's D23 Expo, or most likely it may be creative differences. I tend to think it's the later.
    Yep. When industry's top "My Way or the Highway" creative ego meets the top "My Way or the Highway" corporation, the only question is how loud the sound of the crash will be.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Honestly, I was all for Avatarland when it was released, but since then I feel like the Avatar craze and fan base has strongly decreased. I had heard rumor that AK was originally supposed to have mythical creators area, why not make that instead which you could easily incorporate Avatar into?

I also definitely agree that Epcot could use a revamp as well as DHS. All the closed pavilions in Epcot need to be reopened and revamped. When going through the Wonders of Life pavilion at the Flower and Garden Festival, I was trying to imagine that way it used to be and it was a crazy feeling how much has changed. I love DHS, but I really wouldn't mind seeing for rides come to life there. I'm not a Star Wars geek, but I feel that a Star Wars land is a lot more recognizable by all ages rather than some ideas such as Avatarland.

• Co-Host of USWP

I seriously doubt the entire Avatar land thing is going to happen. Very unlikely. Otherwise why would there have not been some kind of announcement about it.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TaraDCPAlumni2012 View Post
    Honestly, I was all for Avatarland when it was released, but since then I feel like the Avatar craze and fan base has strongly decreased. I had heard rumor that AK was originally supposed to have mythical creators area, why not make that instead which you could easily incorporate Avatar into?

I also definitely agree that Epcot could use a revamp as well as DHS. All the closed pavilions in Epcot need to be reopened and revamped. When going through the Wonders of Life pavilion at the Flower and Garden Festival, I was trying to imagine that way it used to be and it was a crazy feeling how much has changed. I love DHS, but I really wouldn't mind seeing for rides come to life there. I'm not a Star Wars geek, but I feel that a Star Wars land is a lot more recognizable by all ages rather than some ideas such as Avatarland.
    because that land eventually came to life already long ago in islands of adventure, the lost continent. when imagineers got canned post AK they jumped ship and got a very similar job done for universal's new park. personally I think the best direction for the park to go in is another continent like south america, europe, or australia with mythical creatures incorporated into the real. perfect example of this being asia with the yeti the star of the major attraction and the real continent and its life taking care of the rest.

AK needs the most work followed by DHS Epcot and then MK. after the DTD project, which looks to be a huge game changing addition, Oceania for AK should be their first priority followed by Lucasfilms studios, Pixar studios expansion, and theme transition at DHS, and a redone Imagination pavilion along with Brazil added to the world showcase. other additions that would be nice but lower importance could be muppet studios, a north america land (what camp mickey minnie should have been), and the bringing back of WoL.

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    and how do either of those apply to animal kingdom. i despise the avatar idea but just throwing in something else that doesn't fit isn't the answer either.
    About a much as blue aliens do, but not saying it needs to be part of the animal kingdom.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123