Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Can't Guests Just Get Along?!?!

That man has guts. It's something I would have been thinking, but wouldn't have said. At least his reasons to speak up was about how unsafe that was and not something like, "We don't have all day, lady."

She should have just dropped it. It makes sense she'd snap back, but after him suggesting they drop it, but her continuing to rant and shout the whole time while holding a little girl, honestly?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisCollector View Post
    That man has guts. It's something I would have been thinking, but wouldn't have said. At least his reasons to speak up was about how unsafe that was and not something like, "We don't have all day, lady."

She should have just dropped it. It makes sense she'd snap back, but after him suggesting they drop it, but her continuing to rant and shout the whole time while holding a little girl, honestly?
    I don't know how i feel about this honestly. on one hand the woman was an idiot and being totally classless, on the other hand even though what the guy said was justified and it was probably what everybody was thinking, did he really need to keep going after he said his piece. when she started trying to say something after i wouldn't have replied just sat there and smiled, that usually bugs dumb people more anyways and most likely wouldn't have exhasterbated the issue. I just wish employees could actually say these things now without getting reprimanded so the guests wouldn't have to. I would say people need to learn how to behave but I am slowly adopting the George Carlin attitude that its just too late for this world to learn.

What they need is a CM posted at every single load spot for a tram car, at every park. But Disney isn't going to utilize that much man power. Even if it was only scheduled for during busy times when the load areas are overcrowded.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

I personally have not been on the trams so I wouldn't know. I usually use the Monorail, or buses to get to the parks in general. However, I'm surprised they do not have a CM on the tram itself, or one to be standing by to make sure everyone gets on safely and no one else boards as it's going off.

I worked for the Daytona 500 and my job would be to sit on the tram to make sure no one would get on, off, stand up, or act too rowdy while it would be in motion. So, I would have thought Disney would have done something similar by now considering it being a year round thing and probably having more money, or power to hire people to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by DisCollector View Post
    I personally have not been on the trams so I wouldn't know. I usually use the Monorail, or buses to get to the parks in general. However, I'm surprised they do not have a CM on the tram itself, or one to be standing by to make sure everyone gets on safely and no one else boards as it's going off.

I worked for the Daytona 500 and my job would be to sit on the tram to make sure no one would get on, off, stand up, or act too rowdy while it would be in motion. So, I would have thought Disney would have done something similar by now considering it being a year round thing and probably having more money, or power to hire people to do it.
    At least at Disneyland, they have or had a CM who would stand near the first tram car to make sure no one got on or off while the tram was preparing to depart, and to make sure they remained safe. But last I saw, they delegated that job to the CM in the back who used the intercom, or the driver. Micromanagement at its best.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• Pants Club Treasurer

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    At least at Disneyland, they have or had a CM who would stand near the first tram car to make sure no one got on or off while the tram was preparing to depart, and to make sure they remained safe. But last I saw, they delegated that job to the CM in the back who used the intercom, or the driver. Micromanagement at its best.
    If the tram spiel had already been run, the CM's (driver or back person) should have said something. If someone gets on after the spiel, the spiel has to be run through again and everyone has to wait (a new safety measure in timing, I've heard). I usually walk from parking to the parks, but a few times when I've decided to take trams I've seen this happen. It's usually folks who don't understand (or choose to ignore) the spiel or the CM's request.
    Adding organized chaos to Micechat, one post at a time.

Yes but I think its a commonality in all Disney parks both in California and Florida at least that not all guests pay attention to what they're doing. A common joke is how many guests left their brains at the gate.

A few years back, my cousin, a friend and I was standing in line for Country Bears, and an argument between 2 women broke out. I guess the one ate the others popcorn while the other woman went on the Splash. Seeing how they were dressed, you knew they could afford another box of corn. At the same time, my friend told me a joke, and I cracked up laughing. They thought we were laughing at them, and started hollering at us, and it struck us funny, and we couldn't help ourselves, so we kept laughing. We tried to stop, but 2 yuppie women screaming at us, was hitting us wrong....lol. A CM came over and asked what was wrong, and they unloaded on him. He asked us to step out of line, so he could see what happened, and Steve told him the joke, he cracked up, took us to the head of the line to get us away from them.
    I cant imagine what their vacation was like, but I accually felt sorry for them.
    Last edited by redrhino54; 05-22-2013 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redrhino54 View Post
    A few years back, my cousin, a friend and I was standing in line for Country Bears, and an argument between 2 women broke out. I guess the one ate the others popcorn while the other woman went on the Splash. Seeing how they were dressed, you knew they could afford another box of corn. At the same time, my friend told me a joke, and I cracked up laughing. They thought we were laughing at them, and started hollering at us, and it struck us funny, and we couldn't help ourselves, so we kept laughing. We tried to stop, but 2 yuppie women screaming at us, was hitting us wrong....lol. A CM came over and asked what was wrong, and they unloaded on him. He asked us to step out of line, so he could see what happened, and Steve told him the joke, he cracked up, took us to the head of the line to get us away from them.
    I cant imagine what their vacation was like, but I accually felt sorry for them.
    I just like that last part. You made the CM laugh and he took you two to the front of the line. What baffles me was that there was actually a line for Country Bears.

And on a related note, but completely off topic, the two women arguing about popcorn reminds me of a movie quote for some reason. From the movie Nine Months....

Julianne Moore: My water broke.
    Hugh Grant: (in his British tone) Well, we'll get you anotha!

(Its the whole "get you another" thing that made me think of it I guess. The one who ate the popcorn could've simply said sorry and went to buy her one.)

This issue with the tram is something I have seen continuously. I am an AP holder at WDW. Recently i have been spending a lot of afternoons at the parks. One afternoon i was on my way into Hollywood Studios, sitting on the tram (I now sit in the last row whenever possible to enjoy time with the CM's). The CM called no more boarding, and started the safety message, and had to go through this 3 times more as more people insisted on boarding the tram. The CM made sure once we were going to get his say in by stating "when you hear the safety message do not board the tram".

At some parks and some times of the day, there is an extra CM at the loading area to make sure people don't board after the call is made but sometimes even that doesn't help. It all comes down to people thinking that they are going to get to the park sooner, or quicker by being on that tram vs. the one that is RIGHT behind it. Its the same reason people run through the parks. They think they have to get somewhere quicker. Honestly the lines are long, its summer, your going to wait, utilize fast pass or get used to waiting, its the nature of the business

Don't get me started on trams at Hollywood Studios. I'm still ticked at a particular one from my trip on the 18th.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    Don't get me started on trams at Hollywood Studios. I'm still ticked at a particular one from my trip on the 18th.
    Please do tell if you don't mind...

It's getting to the point where the driver or CM at the back of the tram needs a locking mechanism to lock all the doors to the outside so to prevent this sort of thing from happening further...

On the L here at home I once watched a guy who was obviously late try sticking his briefcase in between the doors and then get shocked as the doors didn't reopen for him, I watched as the driver purposefully sped off with the guys briefcase in tow...I turned it into lost and found at the next stop(Clark n Lake where I transfer to get to my job) and don't know if the guy recovered his stuff, but he probably learned a valuable lesson this morning...
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by ORD84 View Post
    Please do tell if you don't mind...
    Warning, warning,.....incoming rant!!! Please proceed to the nearest exit if you want to avoid. Consider yourself warned. (Don't take this too seriously. Its just my humor having fun with smileys.)

Well let's see. I went to the parks on Saturday the 18th with the plans to go all day. Due to being tired, I ended up leaving early evening. But my first goal was to go to Hollywood Studios when they opened at 8am to be one of the first on Toy Story Mania. That line gets long FAST and the Fast Pass runs out quick! Sure enough, they were out by 3pm that day. And I ended up being the first passenger of the day, with the day's high score probably lasting about 5 minutes.

I got there at 7:30, storm troopers were holding the crowds off on Hollywood Blvd and for some reason, let everyone in at 7:40. I was on and off Toy Story before the park even officially opened at 8. I hit Aerosmith next and practically walked on that. My third and final goal for this park was to hit Star Tours at least twice so I could TRY to experience different trips. HA! I've been on it 4 times since the reformat and all 4 times I've been to Kashyyyk. All four times, I've found Bigfoot, with the last two times it was Yoda delivering the message. After 2 times, my head couldn't take it anymore with a thrashing on Aerosmith so I headed out and it was only around 9am. My next plan was to head to Magic Kingdom and they were barely opening.

<<incoming rant>> First I need to backtrack a bit. Even though I get there early enough, they were making everyone park in the 3rd farthest section out in the parking lot. Its basically the third tram stop as it goes outbound to the parking lot. Only during this stretch of time, my stop was the second one since the true second stop was not being used. I get to the trams and its near empty because of everyone coming in. I get on the second to last car where I am CLEARLY seen. The female CM who is on the back of the tram gets off and is replaced by a male CM, the one that I have beef with. I talked to both of them because I chose to inform them of the bird poop that was on the seat in front of me. SO I KNOW this guy saw me sitting on the tram waiting to LEAVE. So it should be obvious I am heading back to my car.

(Heh heh, of course as I replay this in my head, I think I see where the error was & why it could have happened.) But the guy gets on board and SAYS NOTHING!! Not a word to any passengers on board nor to the driver. We proceed on our way and make it to the first stop, where plenty of people are walking by not wanting to ride, but plenty of others get on board. It practically fills the tram. We skip the regular second stop and loop around to the section where I am needing to get off. There are also a lot of people waiting to get on. The CM in the back says AND I QUOTE "No room, just keep going." I was like "WHAT?! WAIT!" But the guy didn't hear me or see me signalling. So we go ALL THE WAY BACK UP TO THE ENTRANCE and by this time I was LIVID!!! We stop, I hop off and immediately go up to the guy and asks him his name, tell him his screw up and demand to speak to his lead. He tries to play it off, but I insisted, telling him I know that he saw me. And ask what am I supposed to do?! Walk back or wait and take another tram back to risk it happening AGAIN?!?! His lead comes over, I explain the issue, and they call another lead in one of their trucks over. The tram continues on, the lead picks me up in a pick up and takes me to my section. After a couple minutes of waiting for cross traffic both to get in my car and to pull out (as I was at least conveniently right by the exit), I was on my way. I was at Magic Kingdom by a quarter to ten.

For a quick summary of what happened next, my plan for MK was to hit Space, Thunder, and mainly Splash. Which I did all 3, being immensely impressed with Florida's version of Splash Mountain. As far as the CM goes, like I said as I wrote this out and replayed in my head, I CAN SEE where he could have made his mistake. He could have assumed I got off at the first stop or just didn't see me. So in his defense, maybe I did get more mad than I needed to. But whatever. I complained to the lead and left it at that. I didn't take it any further and I am sure nothing else happened. Not even a coaching or warning. No problem. After venting, I'm over it.

Over.
    Last edited by stitchfanocala; 05-23-2013 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Re-edited by the OP to make it look more sensible, while abiding by a policy I was not aware of. My apologies.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

WOW quite the story, yeah I would have been pretty livid as well over skipping a stop, why would you ever skip a stop is beyond me usually they just stop and pause for a second announcing to the crowd that they are full..
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

The CM was just thoughtless. That's all there is to it.
    Last edited by stitchfanocala; 05-23-2013 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Took the CM's name out, after I saw that it was ***'d out in my earlier post. Gotcha!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast