Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Re: Can't Guests Just Get Along?!?!

I would have handled it in a completely different way. I would have first noticed the incident. Turned around if I was in ear shot of the woman and informed her that was not a "safe" move and you could have hurt yourself as well as informing her that you do not wish to see her get hurt before starting their day at the park.

Whatever she says after that it in regards to being rude is just mute for me. If she apologizes and thanks you, then say "you're welcome". You've said your piece. Most likely you 2 would have started a conversation about the parks and have moved in a positive direction versus a heated exchange.

At the end of the ride I would have then told the CM what I witnessed and for him/her to please be aware of people jumping on the tram while in motion as it is unsafe as the CM should know or I'm assuming was taught before they started operating the vehicle.

In the end both people were wrong to take it to a dramatic temper level. It ruins your day to some degree, especially if you're going into the same park with that person and thus seeing them again by chance. If moments like this let you get yourself to a dramatic yelling level then maybe you need to not say anything at all. You're not helping by yelling and you're not helping by going back and forth with someone who is being unreasonable.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

It takes all kinds. Makes us appreciate the kind people with loving spirits.

• Minion

ORDDU: My sense is that YOU are a kind and loving spirit, Mandrini, duckling! Over the years, my sisters and I have met some very nice people at the parks, too,. We've managed to have some very nice conversations with them, too.

ORGOCH: In the meantime we got another interestin' fight ta tell ya's all 'bout. Just happened over Memeorial Day Weekend whilst at the Tragic Kingdom.

ORWEN: Sure did! While we were sitting around an outdoor table outside Hall of the Presidents, this young man started yelling at his girlfriend for letting herself get separated from him.

ORDDU: It was so embarrassing and humiliating for the poor teenaged girl. Her boyfriend came across as being more than a little insecure.

ORWEN: "I just KNEW this was gonna' happen!" He told her in an angry tone. "You even told me you'd make sure it didn't happen--but it DID happen! You walked away from me! I just spent the last two hours trying to find you--after you said you wouldn't let it happen again like you did before!"

ORDDU: The girl tried to appologize but nothing she could say would quiet her boyfriend's anger. "I didn't even want to come here today!" He pointed out to her as she sat on a bench looking totally wilted. "You were the one who talked me into coming here! The last thing I wanted to do was spend half the day trying to track you down! And you've got a cell phone, too! Why didn't you call me or answer when I tried to call you? Were you off with somebody else? Were you having a good time with somebody you met here today?"

ORWEN: It was embarrassing to have to listen to this soap opera while trying to enjoy a little snack. I mean, what would all the presidents inside Hall of the Presidents say if they knew this kind of argument was taking place right outside their domain?

ORDDU: At one point the girl finally got up and left her boyfriend. He continued to fume as she left--demanding that she come right back where she'd been. But she kept on walking away. "I told you to come back here!" he raged at her.

ORGOCH: Next thing we knew the feller was off like a fox--chasin' after his prey!

ORWEN: So we never did find out what happened next.

ORGOCH: I'll bet that crazy goomer ain't got NO gal pal by now. Serves him right fer yellin' at her the way he was. He had one a them Jewish New York accents, just in case anyone cares. Kind a grated on my dang nerves, ta tell ya the truth!

ORDDU: Now we're wondering what will be our next unpleasant experience at the parks with other guests...

ORGOCH: Hmph! Sure won't have ta wait long--seein' as who I'm always at the parks with!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: My sense is that YOU are a kind and loving spirit, Mandrini, duckling! Over the years, my sisters and I have met some very nice people at the parks, too,. We've managed to have some very nice conversations with them, too.

ORGOCH: In the meantime we got another interestin' fight ta tell ya's all 'bout. Just happened over Memeorial Day Weekend whilst at the Tragic Kingdom.

ORWEN: Sure did! While we were sitting around an outdoor table outside Hall of the Presidents, this young man started yelling at his girlfriend for letting herself get separated from him.

ORDDU: It was so embarrassing and humiliating for the poor teenaged girl. Her boyfriend came across as being more than a little insecure.

ORWEN: "I just KNEW this was gonna' happen!" He told her in an angry tone. "You even told me you'd make sure it didn't happen--but it DID happen! You walked away from me! I just spent the last two hours trying to find you--after you said you wouldn't let it happen again like you did before!"

ORDDU: The girl tried to appologize but nothing she could say would quiet her boyfriend's anger. "I didn't even want to come here today!" He pointed out to her as she sat on a bench looking totally wilted. "You were the one who talked me into coming here! The last thing I wanted to do was spend half the day trying to track you down! And you've got a cell phone, too! Why didn't you call me or answer when I tried to call you? Were you off with somebody else? Were you having a good time with somebody you met here today?"

ORWEN: It was embarrassing to have to listen to this soap opera while trying to enjoy a little snack. I mean, what would all the presidents inside Hall of the Presidents say if they knew this kind of argument was taking place right outside their domain?

ORDDU: At one point the girl finally got up and left her boyfriend. He continued to fume as she left--demanding that she come right back where she'd been. But she kept on walking away. "I told you to come back here!" he raged at her.

ORGOCH: Next thing we knew the feller was off like a fox--chasin' after his prey!

ORWEN: So we never did find out what happened next.

ORGOCH: I'll bet that crazy goomer ain't got NO gal pal by now. Serves him right fer yellin' at her the way he was. He had one a them Jewish New York accents, just in case anyone cares. Kind a grated on my dang nerves, ta tell ya the truth!

ORDDU: Now we're wondering what will be our next unpleasant experience at the parks with other guests...

ORGOCH: Hmph! Sure won't have ta wait long--seein' as who I'm always at the parks with!!!
    Reminds me of a time about 3 or 4 years ago when my wife & I were at Disneyland around the holidays. I know it was in December because we were sitting at a little table in a quiet corner of the Tomorrowland Terrace having some hot chocolate, in the shadow of the old people mover/rocket rods station. This young man started yelling at his girlfriend close nearby, enough to the point where the girl started crying. It carried on for a couple of minutes before they walked off, with him still yelling at her. Security must have gotten word of it because right after the couple left, a few security officers came up looking to the spot where they were. One of the guards was the familiar veteran that I do not remember the name of, but an older african american man kinda looked like Actor Sidney Poitier. I would see him around all the time, very friendly guy. We pointed in the direction the couple left and he went off while one of them gathered details from my wife & I since we witnessed almost the whole thing.

As for the couple at MK, if I had witnessed it & at my age and character, I might have tried to interject very kindly & diplomatically because no one should be treated like that or treating someone else like that, let alone behaving like that in public. But it shouldn't be something that is projected in front of other people especially young children if there were any nearby. And it can also ruin anyone's day when something like that happens besides the two involved. Saying the right words could've possibly calmed him down, defused a tense & volatile situation, bring him to his senses and perhaps even salvage their day. I know what it is like losing someone in a Disney park and not being able to find that person. Its like looking for a needle in a haystack. And the more crowded it is, the harder it is. And throw in the Florida heat of an afternoon, you would get downright miserable, and more frustrated by the second. I could totally picture my head pastor, senior pastor, or even my youth community pastor intervening in that type of situation. Those guys are pros in situations like those.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• Minion

ORDDU: The thing about this latest example of guests who can't get along was that the young man kept repeating the same argument against his girlfriend over and over again. It didn't matter how many times she appologized. He just kept going on and on and on about the same thing. He seemed to want blood out of her or something. Anyway, thank you for sharing your examples too, stitchfanocala, duckling.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123