Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

Angry Can't Guests Just Get Along?!?!

ORWEN: Oh, my gosh! What a day it was at Epcot, ducklings!! Us Cauldron girls decided to swoop in on the place this Sunday, 5/19/13, and we were witness to such a shouting match between two guests that our ears are still ringing!

ORDDU: Normally we just fly our broomsticks over the park berms and avoid the usual methods used by others to enter the parks. But today we decided to ride the parking lot tram instead

ORWEN: Boy do we ever regret it, too! We were the last group to get on the Epcot tram when there was an annoucement made for a final boarding call.

ORDDU: The tram seemed ready to pull away when--at the very last minute--these two women decided to rush onto the tram while holding a little girl that must have been two years old.

ORWEN: One woman was older--like maybe a gradma--while the other one was younger--like maybe in her mid twenties.

ORDDU: There was a man sitting behind us who couldn't help exclaiming, "Really, ladies? You're going to risk getting yourselves killed like that just because you couldn't wait for the next tram?"

ORWEN: That's when the young 20 something turned and asked, "Did you say something to us?"

ORDDU: "Yeah," the man replied, "Just wondered why you couldn't wait for the next tram."

ORWEN: "Well, we're on THIS tram now!" the young woman retorted angrily. "Is that okay with you? Or are you going to make us get off?"

ORDDU: "Just forget about it, lady," the man replied.

ORWEN: For a few moments it seemed as though the heated argument had died down. Then the young woman, who was still holding onto her two year old, turned around and said, "You know I really don't appreciate what you said back there! Did you really have to say anything at all?"

ORRDU: To which the man said, "Forget it! It's all over with now. Just have yourself a nice day!"

ORWEN: "No!" the young girl replied angrily. "I want to know why you couldn't just keep your mouth shut to begin with?"

ORDDU: "Oh, I see how you are," the man responded with equal venom. "You're one of those people who thinks the whole world revolves around you! Everybody has to wait for you! Anyway, just let it drop!"

ORWEN: But the young woman wasn't going to let it drop. She kept on yelling back at the man, anyway, and it continued for the rest of the ride up until the tram stopped to unload everybody. Then as we all got off, the young woman and her mother met up with a friend of theirs and decided to LOUDLY describe what had just happened to them on the tram saying a rude, fat man decided to open his mouth and complain to them!

ORDDU: By this time we were just hoping this wasn't going to be a bad omen for what might lie ahead for the rest of our day at Epcot.

ORWEN: So, that's why we have to ask, Can't guests just get along?

ORGOCH: Think that's bad? Just come ta our place in Morva fer a day an' yer gonna' see some REAL fightin'!!!!
    Last edited by Witches of Morva; 05-19-2013 at 04:12 PM.

Re: Can't Guests Just Get Along?!?!

Wait a second. This happened BEFORE people got into the park? In other words, this happened on an inbound tram with people going into the park?! This usually happens on the outbound with people going home at the end of the evening. I even had one experience myself a couple of years ago at Disneyland on the M&F tram. I can't remember all the details of it, but I do know it was short lived and I think it involved not any late arrivals because the loading zone was over packed with those leaving. But it happened with a few individuals in the same party that decided to cram & push their way onto an already crowded seat.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• Minion

ORDDU: Yes, indeed, stichfanocala, duckling! It happened at the beginning of the day before entering the park. It just goes to show how short people's fuses are these days.

• Senior Minion

Parents like that lady are in a hurry because time is running out: she only has 20 years or so to train that two-year-old to be a perfect clone of Mom, and 10% of her time is already gone. Like birthdays, holidays, school sporting events and shopping trips, a Disney theme park is a great place for these kinds of parents to give a kid a lesson in how adults are supposed to behave -- an opportunity that isn't to be tossed away lightly.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Minion

ORDDU: You're so right, Mr. Wiggins, duckling. I wish you'd been with us today, by the way. We always enjoy your insights.

Complaining and attitude starts at the gate to the parking lot when people begin to see how crowded the park is that day. Not to mention the prices of parking. <insert whining> "Oooohhh, why is this place always so crowded?!?!"
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• Shablagoo!

I wonder when they will add air gates or heck, just plain old fashioned gates, to the tram stops.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

it's only a matter of time before one of these people get themselves hurt, I miss the 80's and early 90s where if you hurt yourself through your own idiocy it was your own fault and Darwinism will take care of the rest.

Sorry that everyone had to see this, the guy wasn't right for saying something so rightly justified.

I really feel bad for the two year old, what a way to start your magical day, first being torn in half by mom and grandma then getting stuck in between your mom and some guy arguing about how your mom put you in danger...ahh the classless society we've become..
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• formerly very helpful

I hope this doesn't sound like hyperbole, but to the question asked: "Why can't guests just get along?" The answer is because most people are selfish, ego-centric, inconsiderate, hate-filled (expletive)s. My apologies to the relatively few good people out there who would never think to behave this way without a thought of how it affects others. But I've come to know that this is what can be expected from the species that brought us The Holocaust, Armenian Genocide, slavery, the decimation of the Native American, etc., etc., etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    I hope this doesn't sound like hyperbole, but to the question asked: "Why can't guests just get along?" The answer is because most people are selfish, ego-centric, inconsiderate, hate-filled (expletive)s. My apologies to the relatively few good people out there who would never think to behave this way without a thought of how it affects others. But I've come to know that this is what can be expected from the species that brought us The Holocaust, Armenian Genocide, slavery, the decimation of the Native American, etc., etc., etc.
    Like the saying goes, only PG format. The world is going to Hades in a hand basket.

• Metro-Retro Historian

I'd be upset too. You used to be able to park in places like "Space" and "Harvest". Now we're stuck parking at "Discover" and "Explore".
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

"When you wish upon a star, you may just may find your car."

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    I wonder when they will add air gates or heck, just plain old fashioned gates, to the tram stops.
    Doubtful. :P
    For the love of Disney....

• Heavy Breather

What the man said to the Mom sounds like something I would have said. Sometimes I can't keep my mouth shut.

• Minion

ORGOCH: I woulda turned 'em both inta frogs at the time, 'cept my magic don't work in this here world!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast