Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Future Imagineer

DHS Carsland Update: Opening 2018, No RSR, and more

From Screamscape:
    WDW - Hollywood Studios

Latest rumors (mainly from Screamscape) say that IF carsland gets the green light, it will basically have everything from DCA except Luigi's Flying Tires and the star E-Ticket Radiator Springs Racers. If things go to plan, there will be at least 1 or more new rides that aren't at DCA's version.

Re: DHS Carsland Update: Opening 2018, No RSR, and more

I actually like the idea of the attractions being different. Gives people something different to enjoy. It would be even better if the whole thing was different. If it has to be based on Cars then why not duplicate one of the other many places depicted in the movies.

how about a Carsland showing the many parts of the world shown in Cars 2

• Nutty about Disney parks

This is just a bad idea all around. The whole point of having created Carsland in the first place was to create a crown jewel for DCA that would bring guests into that formerly struggling park. It finally pulled that park into a destination status and now they want to ruin that by cloning it here? This was the same reason I was against Universal cloning WWoHP in Hollywood.

To me this feels like a cheap gimmick. WDW has been virtually free of Pixar-movie specific lands. Yes we have Pixar Place but that is a land devoted to a variety of Pixar films, not just one. Carsland in DHS form would overpower the rest of that land if being a part of Pixar Place was their intention.

And I agree that without RSR, the whole land seems pretty pointless. Don't know what kind of attraction they could fit to build in CL that would be able to top RSR, the big reason for why DCA's CL is so successful.

Two things come to mind as to why they would take this route: less attractions to built + same amount of stores/restaurants + redesign of Catastrophe Canyon into Ornament Valley = clone land for cheap.

Sigh. I guess they just spent all that money on buying Star Wars for nothing.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Heavy Breather

WDW doesn't need Carsland. We need a Star Wars themed land for DHS.

Blog Entries

This is stupid all around. Carsland without Radiator Springs Racer is worthless.

Secondly, we don't need a Carsland we need a Lucasland and a fully realized Pixar Place. Give us two more rides based on Pixar with one of them being an E-ticket and build out a Lucasland with an Indy ride (Doesn't have to be the same ride at Disneyland), the Cantina from Star Wars maybe, and one other Lucas themed ride and DHS is now a destination place as well.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

exactly I hope they will build an AMAZING Lucasland not a 90% cloned land that should be left in Cali nice and special where it is
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Banned User

Carsland without RSR just doesn't make sense. According to Screamscape, it sounds like there could be a dark ride replacement. Could it merely be the intro 2 minutes of RSR without the high speed race in the end? To solve the problem of Test Track, they will eviserate the attraction for dubious gain. RSR is the main point of Carsland. There needs to be a race or there's no point.

Why not exceed expectations instead? We know the racing part is rather short. They should increase the distance traveled. Or at least expand the dark ride portions. Keep the ride or give it up. Go with Star Wars Land.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Maybe they'll build the spinner they made for Disneyland Paris?

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Maybe they'll build the spinner they made for Disneyland Paris?
    Thats not a bad idea....
    For the love of Disney....

• Mickey icecream sammiches

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    This is stupid all around. Carsland without Radiator Springs Racer is worthless.

Secondly, we don't need a Carsland we need a Lucasland and a fully realized Pixar Place. Give us two more rides based on Pixar with one of them being an E-ticket and build out a Lucasland with an Indy ride (Doesn't have to be the same ride at Disneyland), the Cantina from Star Wars maybe, and one other Lucas themed ride and DHS is now a destination place as well.
    I agree with all of this. Star Wars is a MUCH bigger draw than Cars, and having a Star Wars heavy 3rd gate at DLR in the (hopefully) near future as well as having a Lucasland at Hollywood Studios at WDW would totally work. And I like your idea of having another rendition of the Indy ride. They could do a whole new experience with a new story line and new ride vehicles. Make it as new and original as possible to distinguish it from the one at Disneyland. In fact, seeing as the Indiana Jones films were all different adventures with different characters and locales, I also like the idea of having multiple, completely different versions of rides based on the same central character. Dig it.

I agree Carsland without the rides is a bit pointless. If we are going to have a Pixar land I'd like to see a different film used to make the resorts different.

How about Monsters inc land -you could have the Tokyo dark ride (which is great), the long roumored hanging doors coaster and a few smaller rides, but please no spinners! I could imagine some great ideas for stores and eateries and the atmosphere would, like cars land, be different, unique and a lot of fun.

i think something like this and the Lucusland ideas above could make for an interesting third gate

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    This is just a bad idea all around. The whole point of having created Carsland in the first place was to create a crown jewel for DCA that would bring guests into that formerly struggling park. It finally pulled that park into a destination status and now they want to ruin that by cloning it here? This was the same reason I was against Universal cloning WWoHP in Hollywood.
    I'm for both ideas (Cars Land AND WWoHP in California.) I want Cars Land here because I just moved from So Cali to central Florida and I have no idea when I will be able to go back out there to see it. At least I didn't miss Mermaid because they brought it here too. But those mountains of Radiator Springs would look very good here on the Florida Landscape and HS is the best place for it out of the 4 parks. They've got the room.

As for WWoHP, I have voiced my opinion of it here in Universal Orlando a few times and as much of a Potter fan that I am (a hairline away from die hard) I was not impressed by the HP land here. It looked small, cramped, and most of all rushed. Its like they rushed it to get it open before Deathly Hallows Part 2 came out in theaters and while the hype was still at an all time high. And in doing so, they did not consider size, space, or crowd capacity. Its pretty sad that you have to wait in line to get in some of the stores because they're so small and they overcrowd so easily. That being said, even though I am no longer a resident of Southern California, I am all for them putting it out there because it gives the designers the opportunity to learn from the previous mistakes and take their time with it. To make them larger and less cramped and be as amazingly beautiful on the inside as it is on the outside.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

•   
    • Minion

This would seem like a lame idea all the way around. Bring on Star Wars please!!!!!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

It's funny because DHS is like "uh, maybe if we build Star Wars land/area that they WON'T come... and if we build Carsland 2 they WILL come" Uh... YEAH we'll come to see Star Wars!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Closed Account

Its pretty sad that you have to wait in line to get in some of the stores because they're so small and they overcrowd so easily

ummm, you know that was the original INTENT right? She demanded that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast