• formerly very helpful

The Countdown Has (sort of) Begun!

It's almost official. We've started pre-planning our trip. For my daughter's Bat Mitzvah in three years, instead of a big, catered event, she wants a trip to Walt Disney World. Sure it's still a little over 3 years away, but now we have something to look forward to. We hadn't been there since 2006, and we had no idea when we'd get back. There's a light way, way down at the end of the tunnel. I don't want to start driving my family crazy with my enthusiasm, so I decided to start driving all my Micechat friends crazy, instead.

Smile Re: The Countdown Has (sort of) Begun!

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    It's almost official. We've started pre-planning our trip. For my daughter's Bat Mitzvah in three years, instead of a big, catered event, she wants a trip to Walt Disney World. Sure it's still a little over 3 years away, but now we have something to look forward to. We hadn't been there since 2006, and we had no idea when we'd get back. There's a light way, way down at the end of the tunnel. I don't want to start driving my family crazy with my enthusiasm, so I decided to start driving all my Micechat friends crazy, instead.
    As a dad of two daughters, soon to be 2 and 4, I know how quickly time flies. We drove, yes drove, from Maine to Disney when our 4 year old was 4 months old. And that seems like just last week.

So please drive us all crazy. Part of the fun of Disney is the anticipation and the planning!! And before you know it, that light you see at the end of the tunnel will be the one you see in line at Space Mountain.

• Minion

Re: The Countdown Has (sort of) Begun!

sounds great, planning this far out will let you guys make it really special for her. I'm sure your going to throw in a few nice surprises.

• formerly very helpful

Re: The Countdown Has (sort of) Begun!

It will be special for all of us. I don't know what surprises. I did tell her I'd let her pick the hotel, once we know what price range we'll be in.