Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I'm reaching new Horizons

Lightbulb What about a Twilight Zone Land (Or Twilight Zone Studios as I would call it)?

I have heard constant reports of possibly adding a Cars Land or possibly a Star Wars Land to DHS. Not to mention we keep hearing things about that Avatar Land the may or may not ever happen. I understand that Disney is really looking to find something that can be a true competitor for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Could any of these lands Disney is trying to develop the right direction? Maybe, but I want to propose another possible Land out of a franchise that Disney does not use but is currently using already…The Twilight Zone.

Though a long shot, I think that The Twilight Zone is culturally significant enough for it’s own area in DHS. A Cars Land feels like a repeat and I would rather not see an Avatar Land for DAK. A Star Wars is something I would want, but I just don’t see that happening anytime soon.

The Twilight Zone is something that relates to a lot of people from children who watch the reruns to adults who remember it. It would even apply to international tourists who know the show well.

Let’s say we were to convert the Eastern area of the park into a Twilight Zone Land, we’ve already got 2 E ticket attractions (The Tower of Terror and a Rockin Roller Coaster that could be retheamed), so the biggest concern would be to find the right design for the area.

I see a mock up set for a Twilight Zone Studios where everything is unnerving. It feels like a lot of iconic road trip spots that seem strange. The theme would be mock-up sets for a suburban set of homes, a military base, and a small white picket fence main street that feels haunted.

We could add in a special effects show to demonstrate how an episode is filmed, a space attraction of sorts, a Twilight Zone Museum, a restaurant, and themed shops.

What do you think about a Twilight Zone Land (or Twilight Zone Studios as I would call it)? Do you have any other ideas for this kind of land?

Be check out my movie review blog at:

Mastermind Film Productions

• Heavy Breather

Re: What about a Twilight Zone Land (Or Twilight Zone Studios as I would call it)?

Hmmm, I don't know. Tempting. I would go to it.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Re: What about a Twilight Zone Land (Or Twilight Zone Studios as I would call it)?

I'll bite you definitely got me curious for more..
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Minion

I really like this idea! This would be great for DHS. It would draw fans of TZ as well as regular guest in general due to the popularity that ToT already has, as well as how popular science fiction and horror are with today's crowd. I could see a ride with an alien theme which seems to be a re occuring subject in twilight zone episodes. I'd welcome this with open arms

• I'm reaching new Horizons

Here's some more idea's I've had with a Twilight Zone Land in DHS

- Like TOT, each ride can start out with a pre-show similar with the Twilight Zone intro, then a story explanation that explains the scenario, and make's it's guests aware that their a part of the episode.

- The Rockin Roller Coaster can be rethemed into a Twilight Zone coaster called The Last Flight where your part of an episode in which your are getting on a special fighter plane that unexpectally flies into another dimension where strange things sre seen and heard.

- A new restaurant called Willoughby Rail & Co that is themed out of a train. the dining aera is themed to a set of train dining cars.

More to come.

Be check out my movie review blog at:

Mastermind Film Productions

From Hyperion theater to Carsland have themed shops etc to liven up a dry area. A crashed UFO here a shop themed after an episode there. Etc. a subtle and inexpensive way to bring the the small area life, and bring it up to DCA 2.0 standards.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I'd love it, but it isn't Disney's style. Selling merchandise is limited as opposed to those other ideas. That being said....who's dying to by Avatar crap?

• Minion

I would like an area like this because the area around the ToT is already in great them more of that would be awesome. I have always felt the Aerosmith ride is awkward for being placed where it is so a re-theme would be welcome IMO.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I'd love it, but it isn't Disney's style. Selling merchandise is limited as opposed to those other ideas. That being said....who's dying to by Avatar crap?
    What if the Mystic Manor attraction from Hong Kong and other strange, horror film and sci fi properties were gathered together in some coherent fashion?

The studios park would be better off having lands based on genres: Film Noir, Action/Adventure, Animation etc.

That way we can get away from lands themed to just one film property.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    What if the Mystic Manor attraction from Hong Kong and other strange, horror film and sci fi properties were gathered together in some coherent fashion?

The studios park would be better off having lands based on genres: Film Noir, Action/Adventure, Animation etc.

That way we can get away from lands themed to just one film property.
    That I would back. The area in Universal that's dedicated to the horror theme seems to do rather well and it's not pigeonholed into one franchise.

Back in '06 when I made Disney's Shadowlands using RollerCoaster Tycoon 2, I'd considered including a Twilight Zone area. A couple years ago, I started sketching up up an overview of the basic idea, which matches up with your descriptions surprisingly well (the main difference being mine was meant as a brand new park area, while yours seems like a very workable retheme of part of Disney Studios). I finished it today (the messier bits are from today) after seeing your post:

The main portion is a 1950s-1960s town square based loosely on Rod Serling's hometown of Binghampton, with the TDS NY-themed ToT in the background (albeit, still with the Twilight Zone backstory - also, I should've drawn it further back, and more in line with the path). There is also a military base in the corner, housing the "Flight to the 5th Dimension" darkride, wherein riders board the experimental F25-D fighter plane and travel through iconic Twilight Zone scenes (basically a darkride version of your idea to retheme RnRC).

On a sort of related note, I found that one of the carousels in Rod Serling's hometown (one of six!) has been dedicated to him, with artwork to match: Artwork from THE TWILIGHT ZONE Carousel opening in Rod Serling’s HometownÂ* - News - GeekTyrant If I was to do anything different with my idea above (besides moving ToT, and including Mystic Manor, as was suggested above), I'd use the flying saucer as a roof for a carousel.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

/\
    Nice work!!!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

don't forget to have that donation barrel with those toy dolls in that Twilight Zone area, that was a crazy episode.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

I think it's a great idea. A loose enough theme so that it doesn't just appeal to fans of one film or show and a good fit with that part of the studios (I never thought RRC fitted a 1940s street).

A dark spooky area would be perfect for the studios and would make a great setting for Haloween fun!

• What imagination needs...

I'm sorry, but I think this idea is horrible. Disney is looking for a "Cars Land" like reaction every time they open a new land. I think Cars Land and WWoHP success is built upon the fact that they have highly detailed, well defined locations apart of their universe and they resonate with today's youth, their main target audience. The Twilight Zone has famous locales apart of their world, but none detailed enough for you to want to immerse yourself in. And the young audiences today captivated by Cars and Harry Potter cannot be compared to Twilight Zone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast