Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Nerd.

Soarin' Over the Horizon

Per Screamscape today:

2016 - Soarin’ Over The Horizon - Rumor - (5/20/13) Disney & More reports that the top secret new version of Soarin’ opening at Shanghai Disneyland in 2015 is expected to be called Soarin’ Over The Horizon, essentially a Global version of the Soarin’ concept featuring famous icons and landcapes from around the world. This same new ride will also come as an update to the existing Soarin’ rides at Epcot in Walt Disney World and to Disney’s California Adventure at the Disneyland Resort in 2016.
    That said… there may be a slight twist to this entire plan as new details about the upcoming PLANES animated film are slowing comingout. The film, once planned as a direct to DVD spin-off from Pixar’s Cars films was upgraded to a full theatrical feature film release last year. (It is also interesting to note that PLANES is from Walt Disney Animation and not Pixar.) The story behind PLANES involves air races at famous locations all around the world… a storyline that might tie in nicely with this new Soarin’ ride concept as well.

-----------------------
    I think this would be fantastic for EPCOT, especially in light of the World Showcase. If only it weren't 3 years away...

Re: Soarin' Over the Horizon

Awesome!
    For the love of Disney....

I don't know...anything with Horizon in the title at Epcot might give people some false hope.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

really we have to wait till 2015/2016? Y so long???? otherwise sounds awesome!
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Sounds like they may have a solid plan to turn a good idea (international Soarin') into a bad one (Planes Soarin').

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySam View Post
    I don't know...anything with Horizon in the title at Epcot might give people some false hope.
    Well said. I read the headline and I was deceived.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

I think the idea sounds fine and actually like a pretty fitting one for Shanghai Disneyland and especially for Epcot. However I think changing the film in California Adventure doesn't make a heck of a lot of sense to me and stinks of cloning.

I say this only since changing the DCA film kind of cuts into what is already beginning to become a very loose overall park theme.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Wernham View Post
    I think the idea sounds fine and actually like a pretty fitting one for Shanghai Disneyland and especially for Epcot. However I think changing the film in California Adventure doesn't make a heck of a lot of sense to me and stinks of cloning.

I say this only since changing the DCA film kind of cuts into what is already beginning to become a very loose overall park theme.
    I've suggested this before but there are two bays: Make one int'l and one domestic, and show both.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Sounds like they may have a solid plan to turn a good idea (international Soarin') into a bad one (Planes Soarin').
    exactly, i loved the rumor all the way until Planes. they already damaged the living seas with the cheap addition of nemo, why hurt the land now too? the new soarin needs to be just like it is now but worldwide, no animation necessary.

while were talking about the land though, an original animated narrator might be a nice touch in living with the land, i could see how that could get boring for some also how about a new timon and pumba based movie for the theatre as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    I've suggested this before but there are two bays: Make one int'l and one domestic, and show both.
    The only problem that I see with this is how they integrate the Fast Pass system into it. At both versions of the attraction, they have two screens one on each side and they utilize both for stand by and filter Fast Pass users into both sides as they come in. Say if they have the left side be International and Domestic be on the right, if I am coming in as a Fast Pass user and I want to see one versus the other, I don't want to be forced to view one that I do not want to see......

But on the other hand, as I post this and think about it more, it could work actually. As a single Fast Pass rider coming in, if they want to direct me to one side and I want the other, I am sure I could ask for the other side and they would be fine with it. The "differences" in a two sided, double queued attraction exist in all the parks with Magic Kingdom's Space Mountain, Matterhorn in DLR, and both Star Tours in DLR and Hollywood Studios.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    But on the other hand, as I post this and think about it more, it could work actually. As a single Fast Pass rider coming in, if they want to direct me to one side and I want the other, I am sure I could ask for the other side and they would be fine with it. The "differences" in a two sided, double queued attraction exist in all the parks with Magic Kingdom's Space Mountain, Matterhorn in DLR, and both Star Tours in DLR and Hollywood Studios.
    the difference with this though would be almost two different attractions. in the other attractions you mentioned its minor differences, essentially the same experience. with soarin though it would be two different shows. could lead to huge wait time discrepancies.

You could always show the same movie on both screens but show different films at different times of the day like circle vision used to do. That way you could choose what to see and you could theme it into an airport setting.

As an aside on pure nostalgia I'd like to see the new movie called dreamflight but I don't see it happening anytime soon!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

True, if you only have one theater. But there are two bays.

Sounds interesting. I would give it a try. I enjoy new ideas and new attractions. I bet it will be absolutely fantastic.

• Monorail Man!

I feel like the idea would fit into DCA because it seems like everything there is based off a Disney movie/character but not into Epcot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast