• Minion

Galapagos Bay, a new land for DAK

where i originally posted this: Galapagos Bay, a new land for DAK | WDWMAGIC - Unofficial Walt Disney World discussion forums

I think a land themed to the Galapagos islands would be a perfect fit of Animal Kingdom. I've had this idea for a while, and I thought i would share it. The land would consist of 3 rides, 2 E-tickets and one small children's ride.

The first attraction would be a fast paced roller coaster themed to the various lave tubes of the Galapagos. This attraction would dip and dive in and out of lava tunnels offering a view of the inside of the tunnels as well as a view of the landscape above. The ride would end escaping from the tunnels due to incoming lava. The ride vehicles would appear as mine carts some what similar to the Indiana Jones attraction in Disneyland Paris.

The next E- ticket attraction would be a boat ride through a river ending in a large drop down a waterfall. Guest would encounter many species of animals (AA of course) and various plants.

Lastly an attraction similar to Aquatopia in Disney Sea would be laced here as well. There would be surrounding rock formations with AA fur seals resting on them. Instead of a plain shallow floor like the one in Tokyo, this version would use lighting/projection technology that would make it appear that sea life like hammerhead sharks, seals, and marine iguanas are swimming right by you.

Over all the land would also have a trail to accompany the ones in Africa and Asia and small exhibits along the way. Thoughts?

P.S I may draw concept art for this, but I'm lazy lol. If i finally do it and it's too late, I'll make another thread including it and describing the land in full detail.

• Minion

Re: Galapagos Bay, a new land for DAK

anything is better then Avatar. personally I think australia or the america's would be a better untapped resource for AK to explore but this idea sounds cool as well.

Brilliant idea ImaginAshton! Considering all the unique animal and plant life in the Galapagos Islands and the ecological significance of them, this would be PERFECT for Animal Kingdom. I especially like your ride ideas. BIG thumbs up from me

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    anything is better then Avatar. personally I think australia or the america's would be a better untapped resource for AK to explore but this idea sounds cool as well.
    thanks , I'd welcome Australia and an America's section as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Mouse View Post
    Brilliant idea ImaginAshton! Considering all the unique animal and plant life in the Galapagos Islands and the ecological significance of them, this would be PERFECT for Animal Kingdom. I especially like your ride ideas. BIG thumbs up from me
    Thanks Mondo Mouse, the unique wildlife is one of the reasons why I chose it haha.

Great ideas, the Galapagos is a really unique area which most people wouldn't be able to visit. It has historical value as its where Charles Darwin went on HMS Beagle so maybe add a replica in the aquitopia lagoon as well with a walk through of his cabin etc.

the lava coaster could also borrow from journey to the centre of the earth at Disneysea which is one of my favourite rides.

Do you have any ideas on what exhibits you'd have on the walking trails? I'm thinking giant tortoises and finches but don't know too much about the fauna.

Writing this post has made me think that maybe adding small HKDL type mini lands themed to different regions could be a great way to expand AK by giving lots of animal diversity in a smaller area

• Minion

I was thinking marine iguanas, blue footed boobies, giant tortoises etc. you know, just thing you'd commonly find on the island. BTW I love the Charles Darwin cabin idea

• What imagination needs...

This. is. brilliant.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I love this. Bring incredibly exotic locations to Central Florida. Give people a reason why they want to visit!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

I agree ! Great idea ! Id love to see what them built this.