Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Magic Kingdom 2021

Howdy folks. I've been working on various pet projects for the last few months now, and the latest one I've been tinkering with is trying to envision how the Magic Kingdom may look and have to offer when it hits it's 50th Anniversary. I created an entire Park Manifest with attractions, shops, eateries, and services, which I will then transfer to both a sketch book and possibly RCT2. However, I realize that the best of projects can not be completed by one person, so I thought I would pose the most challenging aspect to the MiceChatters. What do you think would still be at the MK in fifteen years, and what would be gone. I'm just going to give the attractions list. This is my dream of the future as I am currently planning.

Main Street USA
    The Walt Disney World Railroad
    Main Street Exposition Hall featuring 50 Years of WDW
    Main Street Cinema featuring Mickey's Great Adventure
    Crystal Arcade
    Main Street Vehicles

Adventureland
    Tarzan's Treehouse
    Indiana Jones Adventure: Legend of Fire Mountain
    The Jungle Cruise
    Liki Tikis
    The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
    (New) Pirates of the Caribbean

Frontierland
    Railroad Station
    Splash Mountain
    Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    Rafts to Frontier Island
    Frontier Island
    Fort Sam Clemens
    Old Unfaithful
    Mystery Mine
    Smuggler's Cave
    Headwaters Barrel Bridge
    Wolf Point Windmill
    Harper's Mill
    Country Bear Jamboree
    Frontierland Shootin' Gallery
    Diamond Horseshoe Saloon featuring the Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Revue

Fantasyland
    "it's a small world"
    Mickey's Philharmagic
    Peter Pan's Flight
    Enchantment of the Rose: Beauty and the Beast
    Cinderella's Golden Carousel
    The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
    Mad Tea Party
    Adventures in Wonderland
    Cinderella Castle

Toontown
    Mickey's House
    Minnie's House
    Goofy's Wiseacres Farm
    Barnstormer
    Donald's Boat
    WDW Railroad Station
    Car Toon Spin starring Roger Rabbit and Friends
    Fantasy Gardens

Shadowland (replaces Mickey's Toontown Fair)
    Shadow Mountain
    Ursula's Shipwreck Spinners

Liberty Square
    The Haunted Mansion
    National Treasure
    Liberty Belle Riverboat
    Labelyn Yankee Clipper
    The Liberty Tree

Tomorrowland
    The ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter
    A STITCH in Time presented in 3D360
    StormRider
    Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
    Tomorrowland Peoplemover
    Astro Orbiter
    Tomorrowland Autopia
    (New) Space Mountain
    Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom Game Center

These are the attractions I have allocated thus far. Some of these attractions are based on previous concepts, and others are completely new. One thing you may notice is that some of the names may appear to be incorrect. All incorrect current names have been purposefully changed, such as Buzz Lightyear's to Buzz Lightyear. I can elaborate on new attraction in subsequent posts and explain where missing attractions may have gone to. Feel free to comment on this entire list, add your input and your feelings. I know a few of these attractions do not strike even me as having the potential to exist in fifteen years. Thanks for your help!
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• I was deleted.

Re: Magic Kingdom 2021

I like the ideas you have.. especially for Tomorrowland.

Quote Originally Posted by Niyxstyx
    Howdy folks. I've been working on various pet projects for the last few months now, and the latest one I've been tinkering with is trying to envision how the Magic Kingdom may look and have to offer when it hits it's 50th Anniversary. I created an entire Park Manifest with attractions, shops, eateries, and services, which I will then transfer to both a sketch book and possibly RCT2. However, I realize that the best of projects can not be completed by one person, so I thought I would pose the most challenging aspect to the MiceChatters. What do you think would still be at the MK in fifteen years, and what would be gone. I'm just going to give the attractions list. This is my dream of the future as I am currently planning.

Main Street USA
    The Walt Disney World Railroad
    Main Street Exposition Hall featuring 50 Years of WDW
    Main Street Cinema featuring Mickey's Great Adventure
    Crystal Arcade
    Main Street Vehicles

Adventureland
    Tarzan's Treehouse
    Indiana Jones Adventure: Legend of Fire Mountain
    The Jungle Cruise
    Liki Tikis
    The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
    (New) Pirates of the Caribbean

Frontierland
    Railroad Station
    Splash Mountain
    Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    Rafts to Frontier Island
    Frontier Island
    Fort Sam Clemens
    Old Unfaithful
    Mystery Mine
    Smuggler's Cave
    Headwaters Barrel Bridge
    Wolf Point Windmill
    Harper's Mill
    Country Bear Jamboree
    Frontierland Shootin' Gallery
    Diamond Horseshoe Saloon featuring the Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Revue

Fantasyland
    "it's a small world"
    Mickey's Philharmagic
    Peter Pan's Flight
    Enchantment of the Rose: Beauty and the Beast
    Cinderella's Golden Carousel
    The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
    Mad Tea Party
    Adventures in Wonderland
    Cinderella Castle

Toontown
    Mickey's House
    Minnie's House
    Goofy's Wiseacres Farm
    Barnstormer
    Donald's Boat
    WDW Railroad Station
    Car Toon Spin starring Roger Rabbit and Friends
    Fantasy Gardens

Shadowland (replaces Mickey's Toontown Fair)
    Shadow Mountain
    Ursula's Shipwreck Spinners

Liberty Square
    The Haunted Mansion
    National Treasure
    Liberty Belle Riverboat
    Labelyn Yankee Clipper
    The Liberty Tree

Tomorrowland
    The ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter
    A STITCH in Time presented in 3D360
    StormRider
    Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
    Tomorrowland Peoplemover
    Astro Orbiter
    Tomorrowland Autopia
    (New) Space Mountain
    Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom Game Center

These are the attractions I have allocated thus far. Some of these attractions are based on previous concepts, and others are completely new. One thing you may notice is that some of the names may appear to be incorrect. All incorrect current names have been purposefully changed, such as Buzz Lightyear's to Buzz Lightyear. I can elaborate on new attraction in subsequent posts and explain where missing attractions may have gone to. Feel free to comment on this entire list, add your input and your feelings. I know a few of these attractions do not strike even me as having the potential to exist in fifteen years. Thanks for your help!
    Is the Enchanted Tiki Room gone, or replaced by "Liki Tikis"

I like the ideas. But how about instead of another Indiana Jones ride, combine that ride in Liberty Square with the National Treasure, figure the entrance on the outside would look like the rest of Liberty Square but like on the inside it looks like the National Archives in Washington.

Stormrider sounds really good. Maybe with a space theme of an asteriod? Is it going to replace the area where Carousel of Progress is..

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesaregood
    Is the Enchanted Tiki Room gone, or replaced by "Liki Tikis"

I like the ideas. But how about instead of another Indiana Jones ride, combine that ride in Liberty Square with the National Treasure, figure the entrance on the outside would look like the rest of Liberty Square but like on the inside it looks like the National Archives in Washington.

Stormrider sounds really good. Maybe with a space theme of an asteriod? Is it going to replace the area where Carousel of Progress is..
    Whoops, I forgot to add this...The Enchanted Tiki Room becomes a new quick service restaurant in Adventureland. It's name changes slightly...The Enchanted Tiki Room Cafe featuring Walt Disney's Tropical Serenade.

Indiana Jones is just a personal favorite of mine, my favorite movies and genre, so I put him in for sentimental purposes, he can easily be moved. The main idea of the attraction is the conceptual "Fire Mountain".

National Treasure would be in the location of the Hall of Presidents and Peter Pan. The Presidents would host a new interactive attraction at Epcot, Peter finds a new home next to Pinocchio during a cosmetic refurb of Fantasyland. National Treasure would be themed to secret societies and the Founding Fathers. It would probably be a virtual experience to complement it's quaint surroundings.

Stormrider is a simulator attraction loosely based on it's sister in Tokyo. It would replace the Galaxy Palace Theater and Parking Lot. The Carousel is awaiting a new replacement/enhancement attraction.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• UH..LIKE DUH..

By that time it will all be owned by Google.

• Vehicle rotating backward

I like the Shadowland thing, but the rest of it doesn't do it quite so much. Tarzan's Treehouse at DL is a serious step down from the Robinson house, and the original Space Mountain is becoming one of a kind again as the cloned attractions start going off in different directions.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    I like the Shadowland thing, but the rest of it doesn't do it quite so much. Tarzan's Treehouse at DL is a serious step down from the Robinson house, and the original Space Mountain is becoming one of a kind again as the cloned attractions start going off in different directions.
    Could you elaborate more, this is very helpful!

DoppelV

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    I thought about the Tarzan thing as well. I guess in the end I concluded that Tarzan was a much more well-known and marketable franchise to expand on in the park. Plus, the one at the Magic Kingdom could be much more enjoyable than DL's. I looked at Hong Kong Disneyland quite a bit when modeling the future of the MK, their Treehouse is quite impressive.

Space Mountain would be a coaster experience the likes of which the world has ever seen before. Designed in collaboration of WDI and B&M, it would be a launched Twister style coaster with paramount special effects and design structures (including the world's largest barrel loop) to simulate a wormhole journey through the boundless realm of space. A new entrance pre-show would allow guests the sensation of being "beamed" to an orbital space station (Space Mountain). A meteor shower would ensue that would disallow the use of the teleporter to get back to Earth, thus the prototypical wormhole train would need to be used. What results is an incredible hyperspeed rush through the cosmos.

DoppelV

Doesn't anybody else have any comments?

DoppelV

I don't like that you took out the Hall of Presidents or Snow White.
    What is the Wonderland attraction?

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan
    I don't like that you took out the Hall of Presidents or Snow White.
    What is the Wonderland attraction?
    Adventures in Wonderland is a new Alice in Wonderland attraction that will be built next to the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. From the readings I've done about Walt Disney, I've found that he was always quite intriged by this particular story, so I thought it would be neat to actually have a chance to fall through the rabbit hole in Florida, as you can in California.

Sorry about SW and HOP, except that the HOP will just be moved and retooled. I made this decision based upon personal experience. Number one, the crowds just aren't there, only on extremely busy periods did I ever see sufficent crowds at the HOP, plus the theater is just flat out falling apart. The presidents will become much more interactive at their new home next to the American Adventure at Epcot.

Snow White just doesn't appeal to today's audiences as she once did. I think a stage show at the Studios would do her justice, but I thought that her attraction could be cleared at the MK to make room for a new Beauty and the Beast attraction. However, I'm still debating on that one, as I know it is a landmark in the Disney legacy, thanks for the input.

DoppelV

• Meega, nala kwishta!!

Stitch in Time? Kinda a play on the feature on the DVD?

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

hmmm neat idea's

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Sorry but the whole place will be swept away by Hurricane Michael in Fall 2020.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

PS You think Country Bear Jamboree is gonna be around in 15 years? LOL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast