Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Red Face What would you have put in the space that Rapunzel's Restrooms now resides at?

We understand the need for the restrooms due to the Peter Pan restrooms being taken away for a new interactive que.

But if there was no need for those new restrooms then what would you have liked to see in that space.

I personally always wanted a Haunted Mansion dining experience next door to the ride. I do get that the space there may be too small for a big dining table service but I still long for a Haunted Mansion restaurant.

I also would have liked a Haunted Mansion meet and greet area. Jack Skellington, Sally, the lady who sits on the edge of the house during Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Parties, characters from the ride. etc.

What about you?

Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

Re: What would you have put in the space that Rapunzel's Restrooms now resides at?

To tell you the truth, I don't think there would be much room for anything there besides what is there now.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Nerd.

Re: What would you have put in the space that Rapunzel's Restrooms now resides at?

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    To tell you the truth, I don't think there would be much room for anything there besides what is there now.
    I concur. It is a small space. Would have been room for a small eatery or (yet another) meet and greet. I think the bathrooms work well over there. I also like the inclusions of tables and chairs. I honestly think the space was well used especially now that I have seen it with my own eyes. And as someone with a little one, it's a nice space for a bathroom and rest break. The theme'ing is amazing, even if 'just' for a bathroom/rest space. It definitely adds to FL by making the most out of that small bit of space.

• Metro-Retro Historian

Keep it Rapunzel themed, add floating lantern skyway to Tomorrowland.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    This!

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• Heavy Breather

I like the Haunted Mansion restaurant idea.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
    I concur. It is a small space. Would have been room for a small eatery or (yet another) meet and greet. I think the bathrooms work well over there. I also like the inclusions of tables and chairs. I honestly think the space was well used especially now that I have seen it with my own eyes. And as someone with a little one, it's a nice space for a bathroom and rest break. The theme'ing is amazing, even if 'just' for a bathroom/rest space. It definitely adds to FL by making the most out of that small bit of space.
    I too am rather surprised they didn't squeeze a Rapunzel meet n greet into that area. If we're talking eateries then keeping with the Tangled theme they could have The Snuggly Duckling. I know we already have Gaston's but whatever.

My second option (had the restrooms not been necessary) would've been a Mary Poppins dark ride.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    My second option (had the restrooms not been necessary) would've been a Mary Poppins dark ride.
    no way you could fit that there. you could barely fit the mad tea party on that land.

• Minion

you don't think that would be a bit off thematically to have the lanterns from Tangled floating over Tomorrowland? personally I'm glad the skyway isn't there anymore. its very hard to make something work thematically through two different lands.

• Minion

ORDDU: From what my sisters and I recently read, the original intent for this area actually WAS to have Rapunzel and Flynn do their meetings and greetings in this area. But plans were forced to change for some complicated reason that's rather too convoluted to explain. But we also don't see that there would be enough room for anything other than the restrooms that are currently there.

• Metro-Retro Historian

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    you don't think that would be a bit off thematically to have the lanterns from Tangled floating over Tomorrowland? personally I'm glad the skyway isn't there anymore. its very hard to make something work thematically through two different lands.
    The buckets themselves could be designed to look relatively ambiguous. To really sell the floating lantern effect, you would want the buckets to illuminate. I'm thinking once the buckets hit the turn to make their way into Tomorrowland the lighting scheme can change to something a bit more futuristic.

If that's not possible you could just cover the Tomorrowland skyway station in solar panels and those suns on the buckets would take on a totally different meaning from that perspective.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• Minion

The buckets themselves could be designed to look relatively ambiguous. To really sell the floating lantern effect, you would want the buckets to illuminate. I'm thinking once the buckets hit the turn to make their way into Tomorrowland the lighting scheme can change to something a bit more futuristic.

If that's not possible you could just cover the Tomorrowland skyway station in solar panels and those suns on the buckets would take on a totally different meaning from that perspective.
    its an interesting possibility, still though I'm not a big fan of the concept. obviously if done right it could be exciting idea, however I always thought that the skyway was 'anti magic'. it took you out of the illusion and gave you a different perspective seeing the unthemed roofs and took you out of that belief you were actually in a fantasyland. thats just me though.

• Metro-Retro Historian

I agree that it kind of shows the show buildings for what they are and the air conditioners and such on the roof kind of break theme a bit, but it sure is a good way to get across the park without walking.

• Minion

I agree that it kind of shows the show buildings for what they are and the air conditioners and such on the roof kind of break theme a bit, but it sure is a good way to get across the park without walking.
    that is true, cant deny that. I think the train does a pretty good job too though and fits theme well. the only problem with it is it restricts the boundaries of the park to some extent.

• Co-Host of USWP

I think an actual Tangled meet and greet would have been great. I am puzzled at the message Disney is trying to send us by making the only Tangled themed area in the MK a bathroom....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast