Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• The Steampunk Dread Baron

Re: Avatar Land Cancelled?

I still don't think Avatar has the lasting power or marketability... especially compared to either Cars or Star Wars. I mean if I were to go out to a store i could easily walk out with merchandise from either one while if I wanted to get anything Avatar related other than the film, I would be hard pressed to find anything.
    The fountain of youth really is in Florida... thats why they built Walt Disney World where they did.

Move forward with plans for a Tatooine-themed 'Star Wars' land at DHS and replace the Avatar project at DAK with another 'Star Wars' land based on one of the verdant, forested planets in the Star Wars universe (like Naboo) (EDIT: Naboo submarine voyage?). Similar sci-fi nature land, safer franchise to base it on. I personally prefer Avatar - it's riskier, but more ambitious and a far more impressive setting to recreate in a theme park.
    Last edited by WDWorldly; 06-19-2013 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    Is that what the large area of walls is set up for as you cross the bridge or whatever??
    I was just there this past Thursday and there was plenty of walls up with cranes

• Unhelpful User

It definately should be.
    Avatar 2 and 3 may be mild successes, I honestly doubt they will be much more than that..
    Star Wars Land is clearly a better choice.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Carmatts View Post
    I have never understood wishing the failure of en entity because you disagree a decision they have made.
    It's the only method available to educate the ivory tower executives; and more importantly, to get rid of the ones responsible.

• Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by SunsetLament View Post
    It's the only method available to educate the ivory tower executives; and more importantly, to get rid of the ones responsible.
    GET RID OF WHO? Maybe you need to go to Disney headquarters and tell them how to run the company....lol.....

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by redrhino54 View Post
    GET RID OF WHO? Maybe you need to go to Disney headquarters and tell them how to run the company....lol.....
    I'd settle for veto power.

• Metro-Retro Historian

Maybe they'll reveal some of the Avatarland plans at D23, and maybe the crowd will be bold enough to boo it. That should get their attention.

Actually in my fantasy world Meg Crofton gives the Avatarland presentation and someone in the audience does this:
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Oh no! I just got the news. Is Aligator Land cancelled?!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Maybe they'll reveal some of the Avatarland plans at D23, and maybe the crowd will be bold enough to boo it. That should get their attention.

Actually in my fantasy world Meg Crofton gives the Avatarland presentation and someone in the audience does this:
    And I can't wait to see them respond because you know they have one ready at the instant moment they hear that single isolated "boo".

We asked this question during the Keys to the Kingdom tour on Friday (6/28) & Avatar Land is still coming. They had some of James Cameron's people out the week before doing some site surveys. It's taking forever cause James Cameron has other projects in the works.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234