Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Cars Land, Star Wars Land confirmed for DHS ?

How do you e plain JTTCOTE, Mystic Manor, Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safari, Mission Space, TT at Epcot and so on.
    I think DLR suffers from the fact that if Disney creates original ideas or technology, their first choice will never be DLR to use it. But, they can still produce original and creative attractions.

• A Suitcase & A Dream

I think having a second Cars Land isn't a good idea, so many things they could put at DHS seems so lazy just to make another ones cause it's popular at DCA. Stars Wars I'm on the fence about, I'm not against it, it just seems like the Star Wars universe is so large that it would be hard to confine it into a land and make everyone happy about it but hopefully the imagineers can make it work.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    to answer you simply, yes. its something that has a massive fan base and has been a proven commodity that people love for over 20 years. its been a cornerstone of american pop culture and spawned a lot of the cartoon culture on television today. to even attempt to compare the massive empire that is the simpsons with avatar is astonishing lol
    Im not denying that the Simpsons havent been popular, they have. I'd even argue that the show has become an American icon. However, my point here is that just because something is popular doesnt mean it is a good choice for a theme park. The Simpsons is a funny, entertaining show, I enjoy it. HOWEVER, I do not believe that it translates well into a theme park.

Heck,I love Family Guy, its my favorite show on TV, but I have zero desire to see a fleshed out real version of the town they live in. I just dont. I do not feel that these cartoon shows have interesting enough environments to warrant building a theme park area around them.

All I am saying is that, yes Simpsons is popular, but its just not a good fit for a theme park. Plus I feel the area built at USO looks very cheap. But hey, the animation on the show is cheap, so I guess I shouldnt be surprised that the real version looks cheap as well.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    the key here is who is creating the better experience and who is doing more for their customers. without a doubt its unarguable that universal is doing more for their patrons then disney and its leading to a better experience as a whole.
    Disney just spent over a billion dollars on DCA and its looking like they will probably spend about the same (or more) on DHS, not to mention the millions they are gonna spend on Avatarland and the millions they already spent on New Fantasyland. I think both companies are doing alot for thier patrons. To say Universal is 'unarguably doing more for their patrons' is just total BS. Sorry.

Look, I know its trendy to praise Universal and put Disney down, its always hip to root for the underdog, I get it. But at least be honest in your arguments.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by NineteenTwenty8 View Post
    Im not denying that the Simpsons havent been popular, they have. I'd even argue that the show has become an American icon. However, my point here is that just because something is popular doesnt mean it is a good choice for a theme park. The Simpsons is a funny, entertaining show, I enjoy it. HOWEVER, I do not believe that it translates well into a theme park.

Heck,I love Family Guy, its my favorite show on TV, but I have zero desire to see a fleshed out real version of the town they live in. I just dont. I do not feel that these cartoon shows have interesting enough environments to warrant building a theme park area around them.

All I am saying is that, yes Simpsons is popular, but its just not a good fit for a theme park. Plus I feel the area built at USO looks very cheap. But hey, the animation on the show is cheap, so I guess I shouldnt be surprised that the real version looks cheap as well.
    again, this is a simple case of personal preference vs execution, and a poor leg to stand on in this particular argument. the land universal created so far has been extraordinarily precise and true to the series with a high level of detail brought to the table. if Moe's for example were to be taken from a cartoon and put directly onto a street, that is how it would look from the outside at least. there is also a massive fan following (including myself) that would totally disagree with you and would love to visit the town of springfield, backed up by the sales of some very successful games based on that exact prospect. on top of that the keynote attraction of the land is quite well done for what is essentially a reboot of the back to the future ride and does not look to be cheap at all as you suggested. now i agree early on in the process of the land's creation i would have had to agree with you, however after several major advancements to the area (with more to come soon) I am of the exact opposite opinion. you have to face it, universal keeps plussing while disney merely decides to stagnate or regress with minor improvements occasionally.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by NineteenTwenty8 View Post
    Disney just spent over a billion dollars on DCA and its looking like they will probably spend about the same (or more) on DHS, not to mention the millions they are gonna spend on Avatarland and the millions they already spent on New Fantasyland. I think both companies are doing alot for thier patrons. To say Universal is 'unarguably doing more for their patrons' is just total BS. Sorry.

Look, I know its trendy to praise Universal and put Disney down, its always hip to root for the underdog, I get it. But at least be honest in your arguments.
    The conversation here is about florida, anything else is of no relevance. you then continue on with a complete load of blue sky rumour mill spin about DHS (none of which has been confirmed, and at best the projects presented are either doubtful or in the far off future). Moving on you talk about Avatar land, a total waste of money and something that doesn't even remotely fit where its being placed, highly damaging the overall theme and cohesiveness of DAK. A very compelling argument again with yet another made up shot in the dark dollar value for a project that we don't even know what is going to be contained in it yet. Finally you discuss new fantasyland which lets face it what did we really get from that addition? true we got some very nice scenery but there is no meat on the bones of this add on. all we got added at the end of the day is a new kiddy coaster which is nice but its going to be smaller then BTMRR which is already short and its not even close to done yet, an underwhelming clone from california, an additional copy of a spinner we already had with a new queue line, a new restaurant, some new bathrooms and a place to charge my phone. not a lot of bang for your disney buck there i think anyone could say objectively. You just have to look at the facts here, I have already laid out clear undeniable proof for you in previous posts based on them. Universal continues to build new experiences and attractions on a constant basis, Disney hasn't opened a new original attraction since everest in 2006. who is creating and or doing more for their guests at this moment? but your right I'm probably just BS'ing, so says the individual that backs up all their arguments on pure opinion....

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

funny how Disney is responding. To Universal's 2010 and 2014 expansions in 2014 to 2018. This will do nothing to Espinoza to what Universal will be doing in 2018. Lol. Universals slate is simply incredible and these two lands only combat what is already open or about to open. Lol
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Heavy Breather

I don't want to see a CarsLand in DHS. Keep it where it is somewhat thematically correct. Star Wars on the other hand, OF COURSE, BRING IT ON!!!

But I don't want to see the Muppets leave. It would be sad to see Jim's last project be replaced.

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Latest rumor is that The Osborn Lights will be removed too. :\
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Latest rumor is that The Osborn Lights will be removed too. :\
    They would have to remove the majority of the Streets of America section of the park in order to do a Star Wars land around Star Tours. Their only other option would be removing Echo Lake which has several valuable properties such as the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular, Hollywood and Vine, the 50s Primetime Cafe and the (like it or lump it) American Idol Experience. The whole situation just blows if you ask me. If there was any way to relocate Star Tours to another area of the park where there would be more room to expand around it that would be great but it's unlikely to happen. Some structures of Streets of America are said to be relocatable but again what is the likelyhood that we would see such an area again in the park (or even a Muppets attraction again?) The whole situation is depressing.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    They would have to remove the majority of the Streets of America section of the park in order to do a Star Wars land around Star Tours. Their only other option would be removing Echo Lake which has several valuable properties such as the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular, Hollywood and Vine, the 50s Primetime Cafe and the (like it or lump it) American Idol Experience. The whole situation just blows if you ask me. If there was any way to relocate Star Tours to another area of the park where there would be more room to expand around it that would be great but it's unlikely to happen. Some structures of Streets of America are said to be relocatable but again what is the likelyhood that we would see such an area again in the park (or even a Muppets attraction again?) The whole situation is depressing.
    or they could just simply relocate backstage buildings like cast services and reroute the access road and not make it as difficult as you made it seem lol. not only could they create a starwars land this way but they could drastically increase the park's capacity and keep everything thats already there, and at much less cost then the plan you suggested.

• Nutty about Disney parks

^ I think I know which building you're talking about. (In fact I've been in it before.) I think there would just be far too many complications in relocating a cast member building compared to relocating an attraction. Something tells me they're gonna opt for removing SoA anyway, even if it's not the most cost efficient move. Plus there's far more room for a Star Wars land to expand in the direction of SoA should demand desire it.

I think they should put all the money and effort into Star Wars first. From what I understand the Carsland clone is going to be a downplayed version of what exists at DCA anyway (all the stores plus 1 attraction). So it feels like a waste of money. Once Star Wars becomes successful, they can put the profits into expanding Pixar Place with rides with more substance. I refer you all to my poll once more: What ride do you want to see in Pixar Place?.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Star Wars land makes sense....not sure they need Carsland too though

I rarely visit the WDW forum so I am not aware of all the info and such.

Why can't they expand behind Star Tours, across Cypress Dr and Prospect Ave, and reroute the road to the parking lot? Do they not own the land south of DHS?

What is the building north of Catastrophe Canyon? What is the building west of Toy Story Mania?
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

• Metro-Retro Historian

Quote Originally Posted by mondo View Post
    I rarely visit the WDW forum so I am not aware of all the info and such.

Why can't they expand behind Star Tours, across Cypress Dr and Prospect Ave, and reroute the road to the parking lot? Do they not own the land south of DHS?

What is the building north of Catastrophe Canyon? What is the building west of Toy Story Mania?
    They own all the land Between I4 and Route 429. People forget this and if a road is in the way of something on the property, Disney could just as easily move the road.

I don't know what the building North of Catastrophe Canyon is. It's something backstage. West of Toy Story Mania is the costume dept.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast