Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Hat Tip to Hat Removal

The current rumor is the Sorcerer's Hat and the Chinese Theater are both going away to make way for Star Wars Land. Can we say goodbye sooner rather than later? Perhaps you should take your last pictures. The Great Movie Ride won't last much longer. Replaced with a Star Wars ride.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    The Great Movie Ride won't last much longer. Replaced with a Star Wars ride.
    No way.

• Heavy Breather

I just saw a thread like this on WDWMagic. Is this the same guy?

• Metro-Retro Historian

It seems strange that they would make the park's icon something that until very recently wasn't Disney.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

The current rumor is the Sorcerer's Hat and the Chinese Theater are both going away to make way for Star Wars Land. Can we say goodbye sooner rather than later? Perhaps you should take your last pictures. The Great Movie Ride won't last much longer. Replaced with a Star Wars ride.
    I don't find anything you just said to be true, except maybe the removal of the hat if the budget is there. The Chinese Theatre isn't going anywhere anytime soon, Star Wars Land or not.
    -Bill

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I don't find anything you just said to be true, except maybe the removal of the hat if the budget is there. The Chinese Theatre isn't going anywhere anytime soon, Star Wars Land or not.
    yeah totally agree here, removing GMR would be absurd. its the whole reason there was even a MGM studios or DHS in the first place. what was said makes no logical sense.

• Minion

ORDDU: Of course there are many things that Disney has done in the past that made no sense. Anything is possible these days where Disney management is concerned.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    yeah totally agree here, removing GMR would be absurd. its the whole reason there was even a MGM studios or DHS in the first place. what was said makes no logical sense.
    I have to agree here although I wouldn't mind a update of the attraction at all. As for the hat I think it looks dumb and I really love the hat itself when it isn't in the middle of the park blocking the theater behind it. I would love for it to be removed personally.

• Banned User

It is a rumor, which doesn't guarrantee anything to be true. Frankly, I don't care if the Chinese Theater or the Great Movie Ride remains. Apparently, Disney didn't bother getting the licensing rights to the Chinese Theater, which was why they covered it up with the hat. If they removed the hat, they would have to find another reason to cover up the Chinese Theater. This is why I think your rebuttal is incomplete.

The GMR needs to be fixed, but this ride clearly has a shelf life. It might not survive the addition of Star Wars Land and Carsland. They have to re-position the Movie making portion of the park. Movie making has never truly worked as a theme park attraction. Disney done a horrible job of it. Time to focus on what it does best.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Apparently, Disney didn't bother getting the licensing rights to the Chinese Theater, which was why they covered it up with the hat.
    I've seen this before over the years, and I've also read that this has been totally debunked, although I can't point you in the direction of any real evidence. Doesn't make much sense, though, when they're using likenesses of many other Hollywood sites up and down Hollywood Blvd. and Sunset Blvd.

• Banned User

Actions speak louder than words. Whether the Chinese Theater was supposed to be there, Disney decided that it isn't an appropriate weenie for the park especially since it is owned by another company. I just don't see how Disney will remove the Sorcerer's Hat and not have another thing ready to take its place.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Y'see (and this will go square in the land of speculation), I don't think Disney ever was concerned with covering up the Theater. I think someone came up with the idea of the big hat for an icon, and then someone else put it where it is, and they called it good, and all the fans went "Huh?"

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by redrhino54 View Post
    Oh, man, not another "I hate the hat" topic....
    Just to bug you: I HATE THE HAT I HATE THE HAT I HATE THE HAT

hehe jk i dont find it but im a huge Grauman's Chinese Theatre fan so it'll be nice to see it unobstructed again

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Mind not find....

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• failure for lunch

Time to focus on what it does best.
    The Great Movie Ride is Disney doing what they do best...what are you talking about???
    Bullets for Breakfast
    Join the party. Face the music.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast