Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: SpectroMagic floats reported destroyed.

We took the Keys to the Kingdom tour on Friday (6/28) & the SpectroMagic Floats were gone. Our tour guide either genuinely didn't know they weren't going to be there or is a great actor cause he showed us where the SpectroMagic floats should have been.

• Roller coaster enthusiast

Personally, I'm glad Spectro is gone. I never really liked it myself and I'd preffer to see the original MSEP come back to MK but I've been told that's impossible now as those floats may have been destroyed.
    Current coaster count: 155
    100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
    150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
    last new park addition: Fun Spot America

• Nutty about Disney parks

As beautiful as this parade was, it was a nightmare for people having to work it. The lights were extremely fragile, performers had to carry battery packs on their costumes that weighed a ton, and making sure everything was plugged to the costumes and props appropriately was a pain. I'm sure the performers and costumers are glad this parade is gone. With the current technology in place I'm sure a new night parade can be pulled off that isn't so complicated for the people backstage who have to put this thing together.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

I've always preferred MSEP, but it made me unexpectedly sad to hear that Spectro is gone for good. I guess i just assumed it'd always be around.

Terribly upset to hear this news. Just listening to the soundtrack to the parade on youtube for me brings back memories and feelings of nostalgia. What a terrible shame.

I agree that BOTH the DLR and WDW truly need a real nighttime parade, other than the MSEP, and i am also in agreement that they really should NOT be dream lights being stolen from TDL. I do expect to see a new nighttime parade in DCA before we see one in the MK though. Especially considering it took the MK 12 years to get a new daytime parade. Also, dont get me started on the AK and HS and their parades. Its not necessarily the fact that any of these parades were BAD, It was/is just the problem that so much of it is so old.

And it might be an idea that the nighttime parade got moved to another park than the MK? I dont know, the sky's the limit currently. Im sure WDI has something in a blue-sky phase and are just waiting for TDA or TDO to green light a nighttime parade. Here's to hoping!

• Characters are my friends

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    As beautiful as this parade was, it was a nightmare for people having to work it. The lights were extremely fragile, performers had to carry battery packs on their costumes that weighed a ton, and making sure everything was plugged to the costumes and props appropriately was a pain. I'm sure the performers and costumers are glad this parade is gone. With the current technology in place I'm sure a new night parade can be pulled off that isn't so complicated for the people backstage who have to put this thing together.
    Actually, I know many who miss Spectro
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

• Mouseketeer

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    You just described DEP, as well. Same technology, just older and more run down. The performers like variety as well, so any change from DEP would be welcome, util that gets old.
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" -Walt Disney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12