• Banned User

Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center

I have something to ask all of you

I'm going to Epcot and Magic Kingdom soon and am going to be riding Journey Into Imagination with Figment as well when I go. However I wanted to ask u guys if u think that maybe I should go to the guest relations or ask one of the cast members there if they have any plans on maybe bringing back the original version of Journey into Imagination. If not i was thinking of maybe telling them that it'd be a good idea to bring back the original version. What do u guys think of this idea??
    Last edited by DreamfinderFigment; 06-29-2013 at 02:23 PM.

Re: I have something to ask all of you

No this is not a good idea

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

it would be a better use of your time to write Guest Services instead.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

It would be a better use of your time to cut your lawn with toenail clippers.
    -Bill

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Bad idea. Guest Relations wouldn't know. I can tell you that right now.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Bad idea. Guest Relations wouldn't know. I can tell you that right now.
    What do u mean they wouldn't know??? I'd expect them to know about their own attractions. I mean c'mon, the old Image Works is still in that upstairs area that's blocked off that I've been hearing about. Oh ya and the door that says Dean Finder on that ride obviously is referencing the Dreamfinder.So ya, don't see how they couldn't know. Also c'mon, it's like saying u don't know what Horizons is. But whatever, I guess I'll write to them instead. Well thanks for voicing your opinion guys. Lol it was a different reaction then I was expecting.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

No, don't write to them either. Your letter will be sent to a department that deals specifically with those types of letters. Generally, the letters never get to the people who can do anything about it.
    -Bill

• Banned User

You should tell guest services that you are disappointed that the current attraction isn't as good as the original.

• Sasquatch

save your time. don't expect that the CMs working the ride would know about the future of the ride...they will most likely be college students working for minimum wage and if there were any plans in the works, it would be much above their heads for now.

Better to spend more time here hanging out with fellow fans commiserating about the sadness but celebrating the good stuff that remains...and there's so much very, very good stuff!
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

• Heavy Breather

They'll probably laugh at you and ask you what a Dreamfinder is.

• Banned User

Wow fail. Anyway, well I'm psyched anyway to go. Especially seeing The Country Bear Jamboree finally is person since the one at Disneyland near me is gone. Oh ya, I'm bringing an old 1983 Figment hand puppet with me. He's kind of like the one Dreamfinder would hold but instead he's a plush with plastic eyes instead. And probably at the gift shop or whatever I'll buy a Figment hat and Figment T- shirt probably or something. Will have to see when I'm at Epcot and Magic Kingdom.

• From the Garums

The problem is, rebuilding the old Journey Into Imagination would cost tens of millions of dollars, and wouldn't be a selling point for most vacationers. If they were interested in updating Journey Into Imagination With Figment, the best we could hope for is a ride in the spirit of the original, but almost definitely not a clone.

Disney is a publicly-traded company, and as such they have shareholders to answer to. If you're a decision maker who promotes a large project that tanks, you could lose your job and reputation. With large databases of their audiences information and the software to crunch the numbers, entertainment companies like Disney are reducing the entertainment industry to a formula. Barring some sort of industry crash, wide-scale executive turnover, or massive audience behavioral shift, it's going to be this way for the foreseeable future.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Usually it may seem like a pointless thing to tell the low-man on the totem pole your feelings about a product.....but sometimes the word gets passed up:

For the last 4 or 5 years the Mc Donalds near my work has had a broken air-conditioner.....walking into the place on hot days is like walking out of an oven into a much hotter blast furnace .....but, I never said anything to the employees taking my order because 1) I figured they already were well aware how hot it was and 2) I didn't think anything I said to them would ever get passed upwards.

Until, a couple of weeks ago when it was just so hot I couldn't take it anymore....I thought about just doing an about face and going someplace else to eat but instead I braved the long line of sweaty patrons in front of me and flat out told the guy taking my order that the situation was intolerable.

A week later the AC was fixed
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com