Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Re: Not enough attractions!

I have to agree with the OP.. When I first arrived here in May, I was shocked at how little there was to do in each park compared to the DLR... Fantasyland has nothing... Pirates is half the size... Buzz Lightyear and Peter Pan are jokes in quality....

The only positive I give Magic Kingdom is for the Castle, Splash, and Haunted Mansion.

Epcot gets by pretty well for me, tons to do... I adore SpaceShip Earth....

DHS is a joke.. DAK is INCREDIBLE but needs more to do, and Dinorama needs to go!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    Don't forget, Coheteboy, that's its not just more attractions we want. We want original ones if they want visitors to keep coming back. Like why ride Soarin' at WDW when you can ride the same attraction over at DLR? And the line is generally more manageable as well. And if you are going to copy an attraction, at least make it different from the original, like Splash Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain. Both are the same ride concepts but offer something different. It's not just the rides that bring in repeat visitors, but also originality as well.

Oh definitely! Soarin' in Epcot is just like a ride in a shopping mall. There's no history to aviation at all. It's just a ride... not an "attraction". But that is Orlando Management just being lazy and needing a ride rather than being truly innovative.

I love that every Space Mountain in each resort is completely different and I definitely hope for that as well. Even if it's completely different games or characters between the Midway Manias. Uniqueness MATTERS, especially with Disney.

Shows are necessary but the amount of shows at DHS is a little ridiculous. And if I returned 1 year later, 5 years later, 10 years later.... and the same shows are there. How likely will I want to watch them again? Maybe one or two that I liked but certainly not all of them. It becomes VERY apparent that there's nothing else to do and yet, you have to return at night to watch Fantasmic.

WDW veterans also don't understand that people spend money... LOTS of money to visit WDW. They're not paying to walk around and get foot sores, but that's what they're getting. If the OP felt that there wasn't a lot to do, chances are, millions out there feel the same and probably won't come back. It's great for little kids but they're definitely not winning with the older market.... a demographic that Eisner at least made an attempt to cater to.

Wow... I just defended Eisner.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Wow... I just defended Eisner.

It's just a ride... not an "attraction".
    ^ So very this! I know that technically Disney calls all of its rides "attractions" but I've always felt that several rides are not "attractive" and therefore do not deserve the title of "attraction." Even if it isn't an E-Ticket you can make it attractive (eg. Fantasyland dark rides).

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• Minion

ORGOCH: Don't encourage my trampy sister ta explain NOTHIN', Attic Haunt, ducklin'!! When she goes ta the parks the only one's pickin' her up is a dang insecurity guard--ta throw her sorry self outta the place!! The last thing any guest wants ta see is an old theme park hag standin' on a street corner on Main Street, actin' like a cheap trollup from some back alley in Los Angeles!! So don't let the old witch fool ya!! She talks like she's 'all that' when she's really all washed up an' cain't git no REAL man ta date her!!!

• Closed Account

DLs Fantasyland has more rides than MGM and DAK COMBINED. So there ya go...

Kinda sad to hear Maelstrom called, "Embarassing". I LOVE that ride! Granted, it needed to be twice as long when built but I simply adore how it does NOT relate to any dang Disney movie or TV show - that's the beauty of it.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

My husband and I had a wonderful time in WDW, however, that didn't stop us from being disappointed by the great lack of things to do. It felt as though they took copies of Disneyland's headline attractions, and then split them up between the Florida parks to present a façade of actually having things to do.

I am totally NOT a ride warrior; I love walking the parks, enjoying the theming, finding little gems (though I love rides as well, make no mistake!). And WDW just comes off as lazy and uninspired in the ride department, which is frustrating... all that extra space, and its only use is to make you walk farther.

I won't even go into the obvious aura of decay and neglect...
    Madge, obsessive Disney freak!
    How everyone sounds singing "Let It Go"

• Minion

FACT: There are just as many Attractions (rides and major theater shows) in the two Disneyland Resort parks combined as there are in the four WDW parks combined.

Magic Kingdom is very sad when it comes to attractions, especially considering its a 40+ year old theme park. Epcot stalled out around 1990 and has kept its attraction count the same since the first George Bush was in the White House.

And DHS and DAK combined don't have as many rides as DCA now does. And many of the rides DHS or DAK do have are sad, dusty old relics that desperately need a rehab; Great Movie Ride, Dinosaur!, Backlot Tram Tour, etc.

All four WDW parks are very, very short on rides. Disneyland is packed full of them, and DCA now has more rides than any WDW park except Magic Kingdom.

These are amusement parks, and people go to amusement parks to ride rides. WDW needs more rides, and they needed them 20 years ago.

I have to totally agree. I've been saying since i visited last in 2006, Universal (dare i say) seems to be blowing Disney out of the water when it comes to new attractions/lands/concepts. I find the huge problem is Disney's determination to latch onto characters and movies instead of going off ideas and adventures as it once did in the days of classics like horizons, world of motion, alien encounter, etc. Not to say there's anything wrong with using movies and characters, but i feel that really limits your selection as Disney doesn't have as many blockbuster action movies as do universal. And they have stalled on replacing closed attractions since 20,000 leagues under the sea. There's ton's of room for expansion....wonders of life pavilion in epcot is just rotting away as i type this.

Instead of bulding a new pirate themed ride or expanding adventureland which is beyond outdated, Disney decides to tweak pirates and to much dismay, add jack sparrow into the ride.

The comparison right now to the evolution in universal vs disney is almost mind blowing. I remember as a kid thinking universal was lame and disney was always going to be number one and disney definitely is special in it's own rank but universal is definitely giving them a darn good run. I haven't been to either since 2008 (universal was my last visit during my last stay in florida) but i can tell you what....I'm looking way more forward to the simpsons/harry potter/transformers than i am to new fantasyland, no pleasure island, and "reinvented" classic rides. I know there's probably more new than that, but for me it seems they keep losing what once made them the best.

• WDW 1975 / DLR 2000

You seem like an adrenaline junkie, and Disney is really not a "Thrill Park." Many of Disney Parks biggest draws are family-oriented classic attractions like Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, Jungle Cruise, etc. You'd get far better bang for your buck at Universal or even Six Flags. If you like coasters, you really should look at a trip to Cedar Point :-)

• Mouseaddict Developer

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Seriously? Epcot is at 2 day park at least if you take your time to explore everything. There are a lot of hidden nooks & crannies all over the place.
    I would agree that Epcot is a one-day-park if the time that the park opens is taken into account! We got there (when we went) at 8am, but 1/2 the park did not open until 11am! (World Showcase).

We wound our way through the park rather quickly on our trip. We went and saw basically every attraction. Loved our time there, but more than 1 day? No.

MiceChat from Main Street.
    MiceChat goes mobile with the new Mouseaddict app for iPhone and iPad! Keep up to date with the latest blogs and columns, check your private messages, chat live with MiceChatters inside and outside of the parks, plan your next move with Addictometer wait times and crowd level mapping, see showtimes and set reminders for dining, shows and FastPass, and find anything in the resort — from attractions to sidewalk carts.

Learn more and download free at http://mouseaddict.com.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    You seem like an adrenaline junkie, and Disney is really not a "Thrill Park." Many of Disney Parks biggest draws are family-oriented classic attractions like Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, Jungle Cruise, etc. You'd get far better bang for your buck at Universal or even Six Flags. If you like coasters, you really should look at a trip to Cedar Point :-)

Nobody needs to be labeled "adrenaline junkie" just because they want more rides. Disney's biggest draws are family-oriented attractions... things the entire family can enjoy together. The topic here is that WDW just doesn't have enough of them.

Disneyland Resort, for having fewer parks and costs less, offers way more bang for your buck in that regard. For a resort that has "WORLD" in the title should really have the bragging rights of not just having the MOST Disney attractions on the planet, but also the best.

for having so few, they should be the absolute best... but that's also not the case.

• WDW 1975 / DLR 2000

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Nobody needs to be labeled "adrenaline junkie" just because they want more rides.

Oops. I should clarify... I didn't mean to insinuate that being an adrenaline junkie is a bad thing. I made that observation based on the rides that KevRus listed in the original post. My point was only that Disney is not really known for their thrill rides (tho they do have some good ones). As KevRus mentioned, they had a blast at Islands of Adventure — which is more of a thrill park. Hope I did not insult anyone.

• Closed Account

Here we go again with the "Universal is just coasters" meme that even Staggs is dragging out like it's 1999 all over again. Some fans REALLY cannot accept that Uni Creative has destroyed and made WDI irrelevant.

• MiceChat Moderator

Universal does have more thrills but I don't think that's a fair statement either. Islands of Adventure has a Hulk Coaster and a Dueling Dragons Coaster... and over on the Universal side they have Mummy Returns and that other one I can't remember the name of. There's a few other super wet raft rides but other than that, they have their fair share of Star Tours-esque motion simulators and the like.

I really don't think Universal can be in the same category as a Six Flags.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast