Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Go Bears!

Re: Not enough attractions!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Oops. I should clarify... I didn't mean to insinuate that being an adrenaline junkie is a bad thing. I made that observation based on the rides that KevRus listed in the original post. My point was only that Disney is not really known for their thrill rides (tho they do have some good ones). As KevRus mentioned, they had a blast at Islands of Adventure — which is more of a thrill park. Hope I did not insult anyone.
    My concerns have nothing to do with 'thrills' or 'adrenaline.' I had a blast at Islands of Adventure because it had a lot of unique, immersive attractions packed in one park. 'Cat in the Hat' was a lot of fun and one of my favorites at the park, more fun than a lot of Disney dark rides I've been on.

I suppose the rides I listed are mostly thrill rides (not sure why you would necessarily consider Splash, Kilimanjaro, or Soarin' thrill rides...), but that's - again - not what I'm complaining about. I'm complaining about the lack of E-tickets. And I suppose, to be even more broad, not necessarily even E-tickets. It's more a lack of...attractions - period! There just aren't a lot to offset the amount of bus-riding monorail-riding boat-riding taxi-taking one needs to do.

And sorry, Maelstrom IS embarrassing! For someone like me, who has no nostalgic feelings toward the ride whatsoever, it was an extremely odd experience...
    Last edited by KevRus; 07-11-2013 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Im always surprised when people say they do DAK in half a day. The park is gorgeous and i feel that it has more to offer than rides. Aside from having the Safari, Everest, Kali river Rapids, Dinosuar, and smaller rides in dinoland along with a couple shows the park has some awesome animal exhibits that could take up a good portion of the day enjoying.

I could spend hours walking the Pangani Forest trail, Oasis exhibits, Maharajah Jungle trek and wildlife express train along with all the smaller trails that this park has to offer. Watching the animal in some of the best exhibits ever done is a thrill f its own and sometimes much more enjoyable than another 3d attraction or coaster.

could the park use more attractions? yes of course but only to fill the gap after sunset when most animals are in for the night.

I think the park that needs the most help is DHS, that park is a mess
    It's amazes me too! I've yet to complete DAK in a day yet!

• WDW 1975 / DLR 2000

Quote Originally Posted by KevRus View Post
    I'm complaining about the lack of E-tickets. And I suppose, to be even more broad, not necessarily even E-tickets. It's more a lack of...attractions - period! There just aren't a lot to offset the amount of bus-riding monorail-riding boat-riding taxi-taking one needs to do.
    Agreed. With four parks, it is a lot of work getting around. DHS needs an overhaul like the one California Adventure recently got. If they could re-route Cypress Drive (the DHS entrance road) Disney could expand the park substantially as well but maybe that's asking too much.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I completed Animal Kingdom in half a day once. Translation: I did everything and got kicked out at 5pm. Hence, half day park. Sure, I did everything as if I was on speed but I did it... well... I totally skipped most of DinoLand U.S.A. but you're not going to make THAT a requirement are you? (this was before Expedition Everest though).

I came back after Expedition Everest opened and took more of my time and skipped a whole lot of other things I did the first time.... and left in less than half a day.

What's the takeaway here? Low repeat value at WDW. The world is not in balance. Too many things that you would do one time and never again vs the things you really want to do again.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123