• I am not a Krusty Krab

Living in Disney World/ Golden Oak

The title is meant as an attention getter. hopefully it works haha

Im looking for info on the expensive homes near Epcot and Fort Wilderness called Golden Oak, im not looking for an advertisement but im looking for real pictures of the homes and reviews from the community and perks. this seriously interests me
    And maybe if its good Disney can buy land in Anaheim for similar homes in and around the OC

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: Living in Disney World/ Golden Oak

It's an expensive subdivision that comes with a few annual passes and access to the Four Seasons' amenities.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

I was hoping for more info but the AP thing sounds nice

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Try this... the article has pics!

Golden Oak (That's My Opinion) by Steve Russo

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

AP + 4 guests per day and complimentary car service to the parks from your front door? That's supercool. A server room and the rest... I could have that anywhere. I would love to live here.
    ~ Erik

Golden Oak at Walt Disney World Resort

There is a link within the official sight, for virtual tours of the house. Lowest cost....1.6 million.

These are all corporate investment properties. When some B level exec wants to go to Disney, they have these assets on the books. Real A level execs have enough points at Marriott to just stay there.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by attic haunt View Post
    try this... The article has pics!

golden oak (that's my opinion) by steve russo
    thanks !!!!!

I got to visit the neighborhood about 6 months ago. it was for work, so sorry, no pictures. Some of the larger parcels are very nice and have beautiful homes on them. The smaller lots are very... cozy. Huge houses on small lots. You could look out your back window and see the front of the house on the adjacent cul-de-sac 50 feet away across your rather dainty back yard. A lot of it is still under construction, which can make getting through some of the streets a little hairy since there are contractor trucks lining both sides of rather narrow streets.

There are still quite a few lots that are not yet developed, and I think there is one section that is essentially undeveloped at the moment.

The variety of houses gives me the impression that it is mostly custom homes instead of the cookie cutter choice of half a dozen you see in most subdivisions.

Here is a google maps picture which is older than my last visit. This is the more "densly populated" area around Loundsberry. The houses are still massive, but your neighbors are quite close as well.

The Vista Falls lots are bigger, and the really massive estates are out on Enchanted Oak.

• WDW 1975 / DLR 2000

AllEars blogger Jack Spence wrote a very detailed article about Golden Oak last year. Lots of photos and commentary:

Golden Oak (The “World” According to Jack)

^ Nice write-up!

I have to wonder what happens when Disney loses interest in owning a community. Anyone been to Celebration lately?
    ~ Erik

I'm there on a regular basis, and Celebration is alive and doing quite well.
    But Disney didn't lose interest, it was planned all along that they would pull out of the downtown area and give up control of the association once a certain number of residential lots were sold. While it was a concern and caught some residents off guard, it came as no surprise to those that did their homework. The homeowners association that was put in place assures that the community continues to function the same with or without Disney.

Golden Oak is a little different as it's owned by a Disney subsidiary, and it's made clear upfront, again, to the buyers that read the fine print, that while it's located at WDW, it's not part of WDW. It's in Orange County, and I suspect that once development reaches a certain point, Disney might divest as well.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Disney ditched Celebration before the planned timeframe.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Disney ditched Celebration before the planned timeframe.
    I'm sure they all like to think of it more like, "We met our investment objectives in advance of the planned timeframe" and paid some executive a bonus out of the money they saved by getting out early.