What is WDW like during the last week of December?

My Birthday is at the end of December and I was possibly considering spending it at Walt Disney World. I've spend three birthdays at Disneyland, and each time the park was extremely full. Can I assume it's the same way in Orlando? I'm sure the parks must be packed on New Year's Eve and New Year's day, especially Magic Kingdom, right? What about on days like Dec 27, 28, 29? Are the WDW parks and resort in general full this time of year the way Disneyland is? Any info, insight, tips, etc would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Re: What is WDW like during the last week of December?

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Mouse View Post
    My Birthday is at the end of December and I was possibly considering spending it at Walt Disney World. I've spend three birthdays at Disneyland, and each time the park was extremely full. Can I assume it's the same way in Orlando? I'm sure the parks must be packed on New Year's Eve and New Year's day, especially Magic Kingdom, right? What about on days like Dec 27, 28, 29? Are the WDW parks and resort in general full this time of year the way Disneyland is? Any info, insight, tips, etc would be much appreciated. Thank you!
    Based on what I have read over the last two decades, the week between Christmas and New Years is the busiest week of the year. I have not been during that time and do not intent to try it.

We just booked the 23rd to the 30th knowing it will be really crowded. It's still going to be very special being there for Christmas though. We're staying at the Polynesian and since our two favorite parks are connected to the resort by monorail, it will be an easier access than using the bus service.
    Marie and Tony

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Yes, the parks are hell in the day during that week. But if you go at night, the crowds clear out after the fireworks. Extra Magic Hours from 1am-3am in the MK can actually be dead that week.

Plus, lots of neat holiday things going on, including the potential last year ever of the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights. I'd do it if I were you, just don't expect to do much in the daytime.
    -Bill

Thanks everyone for your input, I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Mouse View Post
    Thanks everyone for your input, I appreciate it!
    if you can wait one week, and start your trip Jan 2, the crowds plummet. This is tha Value Season for WDW. Many of the Christmas decorations will still be up, as well.

In times long ago, the FIRST 2 weeks of December were some of the slowest for WDW.
    dev 15 - Jan 1? fugeddabowdit....