Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center

Do you guys miss Journey Into Imagination at Epcot

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been on here in a while however I really do have a serious question. Do any of you guys miss Journey Into Imagination (original version) and wish it was still around today? I myself really wish it was. Yes I've always went to Disneyland in my kid years and still do currently in my teenage years however it wasn't till I found out about the original Imagination ride on YouTube. So I was curious and watched the ultimate tribute. Since then I was hooked, Dreamfinder & Figment were my new favorite Disney characters and I was thinking to myself that maybe someday I'd be able to see them in person when i can go. Well when I found out they had changed it completely, I was pretty disappointed. Yes Figment was still in it but no Dreamfinder and it was now a ride about the five senses rather than Imagination... I thought to myself, why the heck would someone change such a fantastic ride? So I decided to look up the history of the attraction. After I learned what happened I was pretty angry and that's why I joined this forum to get the awareness out for this attraction to bring it back to the way it was originally except using modern technology for everything such as new animatronics, a modern ride system, new lightning and projection systems, remastered soundtrack,etc. I feel that this would be the best idea to bring it back. I mean look at how they brought back The Enchanted Tiki Room. I don't think a whole new version of Imagination would be a good idea after seeing what they'd done to the ride currently and in the second version. I think they ought to bring back the original version modernized. That's what most people wanted and wouldve liked back in the first place. Not the version they have currently. I myself am actually going on a trip to Epcot and Magic Kingdom very soon on a family trip to Florida. I'm very excited to go and everything since I'd never been to Florida and I know there's lot's of attractions I'd love to see there that aren't at Disneyland (which is very close to me since I live in CA). But I'm a little disappointed that I won't be able to see Dreamfinder & Figment and the old ride there when I go. Yes, Figment is still there which is good and I will still ride the new attraction since i love Figment and buy a Figment hat and get the t-shirt that has Dreamfinder & Figment on it. But still it's disappointing that me and my little sis will never be able to see the original version in person that we absolutely love. We are both big fans of the Imagination attraction. We watch a DVD of the old one plenty of times and we love it. We never get tired of watching it. We know all the words to One Little Spark and always sing along when they sing the "One Little Spark" song. And we memorize all the scenes and overall just love the ride. I love it even more then Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin which is another favorite ride of mine. But ya and also I'm thinking of bringing my 1983 Figment puppet with me to Epcot when I go too . Will kind of show that I support Dreamfinder & Figment and that I do love Journey Into Imagination. But ya please tell me what u guys think.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Re: Do you guys miss Journey Into Imagination at Epcot

Although I share your sentiment, as does Tony Baxter, I'm afraid it's too late kid. That ride is gone and isn't coming back. More recently I've heard rumors of either a Muppet Labs overlay or a Phineas and Ferb overlay to that entire pavilion. If I was a betting man, which I'm not, I'd bet that one of those ideas will come first.

If you want to talk about the old days, you should talk to Ron Schneider, one of the original Dreamfinders, and as far as most of the Disney Archives is concerned, the only "real" Dreamfinder.
    Theme Park University | Theme Park University

(Note to moderators: Please leave this link in. Ron is a friend of Mice Chat and has done some great work with the site.)
    -Bill

• Banned User

Oh god no! Those ideas are worse then the one they have there now! I hate modern Disney especially the new age Disney Channel with all that High School/Sitcom garbage! Please no! The Muppets isn't bad but the Muppets just don't work there. If I had a any choice between those ideas and the one currently. Of pick the one there currently. Figment is heck of alot better then those awful ideas!

• Minion

i would actually be pretty excited to see muppet labs, but i think dhs and epcot would be a overkill. would much rather see muppet studios.

agree with you bill, not happening.

• Heavy Breather

I'd like to see a Muppet Labs in DHS, but not EPCOT.

That I do. That I do.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

I have went into the 3 versions, the first one was one of my favorites as a child mostly wit the music and all the moving stuff in it

Some years later I went when the second version was still on, I didn't knew in that time that they changed it and when I went in I was really confused on what happened to it, I thought that it was demolished or it was closed for fixing something.

Then years later when the 3rd version was in I got confused again, but I was happy to see Figment at first I thought it was the old one back but then I noticed the tie in wit HISTA and thought it was unnecessary, I wanted the old one back the moment I stepped out of the 3rd one for the first time

I would love a remake of the 1rst, but like members say it would be really hard or almost impossible for it to happen, unless WDW loose a lot of money when the new Harry Potter stuff at IOA opens they might think what to do to atracc more people by doing something to Epcot like they did to MK

• Minion

I miss it terribly - and I didn't even get to ride it.

The first time I rode the current JII, it was an accident. I had never heard of it - my friend and I thought the entrance was a back door to Captain EO. We went in and there was, as usual, no line at all, and it was hot out, so we rode.

It was a HUGE WTF experience for me. I just didn't get it. Why was it there, and what was the point? I was sure there must be more to the story, so I dug around online and found the history, videos, pictures, and stories of the original. I was so majorly bummed to see what magic I had missed! That and videos of Horizonz made me want to jump in a time machine and punch my Dad in the nose for not letting us go to EPCOT Center when we were in Florida in the 1980's.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Muppet Labs could be cool if done right. Phinneas & Ferb... NO. Just NO! That show bugs me and the characters creep me the eff out. Perry is kind of cute but that's about it.

I'd personally love a re-do inspired by the original, but not an exact copy. At least I have my memories of riding the original and Martin Smith's awesome tribute videos to relive those days.

• formerly very helpful

I miss it, too. It was one of my all time favorite Disney attractions EVER. But I'm afraid we'll never see this masterpiece again.

• Banned User

An insider who used to post here has heard Imagination pavilion will be shutting down next year for a major overhaul

I'm not a fan of Phineas and Ferb either but at least is animated, and not those real people high school or rock/pop star soap operas that are flooding the Disney Channel

Anyways whatever replaces the JII 3 I hope it can have animatronics, I'm so tired and bored of LC screens (3d or not) , projections and cheap smog effects

• Banned User

I guess the muppet idea is ok for hollywood studios but not Epcot. same with that stupid Phineas and Furb idea. but I don't know guys. This really pisses me off finding out about this. Would be nice to maybe see something that at least has the Dreamfinder & Figment back. I hate the idea of the Disney theme parks turning into Modern Disney channel garbage. And it pisses me off that a multi millionaire company that was once extremely good could turn into such foul garbage. I mean Disney was meant to be for the entire family at first. Not just for kids. That's what annoys me. They need to stop just catering to the little kids and need to start listening to the adult Disney fans as well. Without us they wouldn't become the popular company they are today. It really annoys me that they keep pulling off this garbage with their TV programming and theme parks. This is definitely not the Disney i remember from when i was young at all. Ugh... I really wish I was born in the 70's or early 80's so I wouldn't have to deal with this garbage.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

I've seen all three versions over the years, and would rate the 2nd one as by far the worst, the current one marginally better, and the first one the best. That said, it was always a strange attraction for me. I really liked the first part with the Dreamfinder and Figment in the big balloon, and then going through the first parts of the imagination. But it always seemed to me as if Disney either ran out of money or ran out of ideas about 2/3 of the way through, leaving the ending portion to just kinda lie there. It was always my least favorite of the Futureworld attractions, but I'd much prefer it to the dreck that's there now!

I would love to see Figment and the Dreamfinder return. Not to the original version per say, but something completely different. In terms of technology, so much has changed since 1983. Digital art and design should play a major role. Restoration of the rainbow tunnel and a revamping of the activities upstairs would be a welcome addition.
    As much as i love Muppets, I would prefer they stay at the Studios. A new Muppet movie or an interactive Muppet show are good ideas.
    I am not a fan of the current Disney Channel programming (and haven't been since they switched to a basic cable format), but Phineas and Ferb is probably one of the best cartoons on television right now. I like the outlandish projects that the boys invent and the B stories of Perry and Dr. Doofenshirmz. For the most part it is well-written and has plenty of clean in-jokes for adults to keep engaged. (The creators parody 2001 a lot.)
    That being said, I am not sure I would want them taking over the Imagination pavilion. Maybe in the upstairs part where kids could build a virtual rollercoaster or help Perry get out of trouble. Just not the whole pavilion. The cartoon has several seasons under its belt, but who knows how long it will be in production.
    Phineas and Ferb might be suitable for one of the water parks or a miniature golf course.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast