WDW Maintenance... Improving!

Just completed a quick trip to WDW over the July 4th break and was pleasantly surprised at the condition of the parks in general. My wife and I both remarked to each other that there were no attractions closed for any extended length of time during our entire visit.

Splash Mountain, which is subject to a major dose of scrutiny around here, was at 90%+, operationally and aesthetically-speaking. We went to Magic Kingdom three times over as many days and found all of the AA characters to be working, save for one ride-through on the 5th, where one of the three crocodiles and one hen on the upper deck of the boat in the Riverboat Finale were idle. The following day, they were up and running again. Sometimes hit and miss AA, like the hopping fenceline Brer Rabbit, was working during every ride.

The lights were finally on on the Progress City model at People Mover - this was a big deal for me, as the exhibit has been dark over the past four years of visits we've made to Magic Kingdom!

The Parks were all very clean in appearance, though, as has been stated before, many fountains / water features were dry or not running. Epcot especially seemed dry. Ironically, The Seas' seagulls were perched on rocks over dry tidepools and the waterfall at The Land was dry. Given that there must have been 100" of rainfall during the week of the 4th, I was surprised to see water features completely dry!

At any rate, the place looks much better than it is often given credit for and nothing stood out as being particulary shabby.

What do you think? Is WDW improving? What else needs attention?
    ~ Erik

Re: WDW Maintenance... Improving!

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Olson View Post
    Just completed a quick trip to WDW over the July 4th break and was pleasantly surprised at the condition of the parks in general. My wife and I both remarked to each other that there were no attractions closed for any extended length of time during our entire visit.

The Parks were all very clean in appearance, though, as has been stated before, many fountains / water features were dry or not running. Epcot especially seemed dry. Ironically, The Seas' seagulls were perched on rocks over dry tidepools and the waterfall at The Land was dry. Given that there must have been 100" of rainfall during the week of the 4th, I was surprised to see water features completely dry!

At any rate, the place looks much better than it is often given credit for and nothing stood out as being particulary shabby.

What do you think? Is WDW improving? What else needs attention?
    Great to hear they're giving the World the love it needs. Thanks for the update!
    Walt Disney World Off-Site January 2001, Off-Site July 2001, Off-Site January 2003, All-Star Movies January 2005, Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2007, Cabins at Fort Wilderness July 2010, Port Orleans Riverside August 2013.

Disneyland Paradise Pier October 2011, Grand Californian December 2012 .

Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel June 2012 :wizard:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...0960612&type=3

• Nerd.

I have to agree. I was there in late May and thought the parks looked in great shape too. The animatronics on SM were all in great shape. I didn't see trash lying about etc. Everything looked pretty fresh EXCEPT for the paint job that is desperately needed for Space Mtn. Someone at Disney needs to take a trip to Benjamin Moore and get some cans of white paint.

• Heavy Breather

I knew George K taking over would yield pleasurable results.

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

• New Member Goes Forth

Glad they are improving, but Carousel of Progress needs a lot of TLC
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Baby steps in the right direction will eventually yield great results...I was there at the resort but not in the parks, did golf and the courses were in great shape for as much rain as they've been recieving!

Thanks for the update! glad to hear that people are starting to notice improvement!
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton