Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Never Gonna Happen Wishes - Name Yours

On my last trip to Disney World, I came away with a single "Wish" of what I would like them to change at Disney World's Magic Kingdom.

I think it has something to do with my age. I can't keep long hours the way I used to when I first began vacationing at Disney World. Perhaps it was because I didn't stay on property and I was dreading the long trip back to my hotel on a shuttle bus with a bad schedule. It also didn't help that we kept getting lost trying to find our hotel.

Anyway, the day that I found myself at Magic Kingdom by myself, I really wanted to stay for the parade, and the fireworks. However, 10 o'clock seemed so far away, when by 7:30, 8 o'clock in the evening, I was tired. Normally, I would find myself someplace to rest, and I would wait it out. Knowing, I had a bus waiting for me just outside the gates, to my hotel always helped. This time, I didn't have that. I promised myself that in the future, I would always stay at a Disney Hotel, where I could take a nap in the afternoon, and return in the early evening refreshed and with plenty of energy so I could last until the 10 p.m. showing of the fireworks. I missed the fireworks on my last trip, and found myself wishing that they would move the parade and the fireworks each up about an hour.

Will that ever happen? Most likely never. However, on my last trip, I left wishing that the parade and fireworks had been a little earlier that night.

Do you have a wish? A wish, for something you know will never happen, but it doesn't stop you for wishing for it anyway.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Re: Never Gonna Happen Wishes - Name Yours

That kind of thing is quite impossible in the summer months, as it really doesn't get dark until 9pm. In fact, sometimes it's not even dark by then. Plus, the longer people stay in the parks to see the fireworks, the more money Disney makes in food and merch. So, yeah, I doubt you'll ever see that, but it's a nice wish, and I agree with your sentiment.

My wish? There are so many. Something that would never happen though? How about dismantling the stupid bus system and moving to PRT. That would be my wish. Transportation around WDW is the biggest guest time waster at this point. And when guests are on busses for multiple hours a day, they're not spending money, or having fun. Time to switch to PRT.
    -Bill

• Minion

I would go with that or a ridiculously massive boost to funding of new projects, upkeep, and imagineering.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    My wish? There are so many. Something that would never happen though? How about dismantling the stupid bus system and moving to PRT. That would be my wish. Transportation around WDW is the biggest guest time waster at this point. And when guests are on busses for multiple hours a day, they're not spending money, or having fun. Time to switch to PRT.
    Exactly my wish to.....they could even incorporate it into a car rental system where people could also travel to places that are not on the PRT:

Such as.....

A Convenient Future - YouTube

My other wishes.......

EPCOT.... New nations for World Showcase....Switzerland (with a Matterhorn Bobsled ride) and Brazil (with a jungle canopy trek via skyway). Also would like to see the long anticipated Rhine River attraction finally built in Germany.

In Future World I'd like to see a New film for Soarin that showcases various farming syles the world over.

Universe of Energy needs to be gutted and re-built into The World of Tron.

Space needs to dump the entire astronaut training theme and go full out into immersing the guest into an actual trip to Mars. Maybe even using the adjacent closed Wonder of Life building to be a Mars science colony...the old simulators could be rovers to explore the Red Planet.

The old Odyssey restaurant needs to be re-opened as a no reservations required fast food facility that serves 8 - 12 of the most popular dishes from around World Showcase.....but with a futuristic twist

Journey into Imagination.......Two new attractions here to replace the current ones....one would feature Mickey and friends from Fun and Fancy Frees' Mickey and the Beanstalk:
    We take a journey with Mickey, Donald, and Goofy aboard a Bean Mobile, climbing higher and higher into the night sky. In the morning we arrive at the gates to the Giants castle, where we are summarily attacked by rather large flying insects. Moving into the castle we gape in wonder at the size of everything, especially the giants dinner table.
    Soon we discover the Golden Harp, and the Giant discovers us! After a short nap we make haste for the Beanstalk, followed by a very awake and very angry giant.
    Down, down, down the beanstalk we flee, with the clumsy giant in close pursuit. Just as we get down to the ground we see a huge shadow fall nearby, followed by an ugly "thunk!"
    As we exit into the gift shop, we look up and notice our giant is lifting up the roof, asking guests if they've seen a "little itsy, bitsy", mouse

The 2nd attraction here would be an interactive voyage thru a star-field....where riders can make the stars move, blink, and even supernovae using little more than small waves of their own hands.

DISNEY STUDIOS... Star Wars Land....simply put I wanna fly an X-wing fighter....me, not a robot *Tour*.

ANIMAL KINGDOM... Bring back the Discovery River Boats, Have a dedicated team of machinists to keep the Yeti working all the time, Replace -It's tough to be a Bug- with a new show and expand the Monorail from the TTC to the Animal Kingdom Lodge and then on to the AK park itself

MAGIC KINGDOM.... Replace -Stitch- with an attraction that transports the guest to the edge of a Black Hole; Bring HoverCars to the -Speedway; Replace the Laugh Floor with The Space Bears.....Big Al singing Space Oddity would be worth the price of admission all by itself

FORT WILDERNESS... Wall off River Country from the Lake and bring it back as a wonderful little waterpark for the guests of Fort Wilderness Resort. Also bring back the trains for intra-campground transport.

DISCOVERY ISLAND... Bring it back, install lots of hammocks. This could be a great place for day guests to retreat from the parks in the late afternoon. Instead of clogging up the public areas of the Monorail Hotels as they do now. Win/Win
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Do you have a wish? A wish, for something you know will never happen, but it doesn't stop you for wishing for it anyway.
    An executive management dedicated to reversing Disney Parks' two+ decades of creative laziness and restoring their once world-famous reputation as showcases of innovation, ingenuity and originality.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Minion

ORDDU: My long time wish is for a kissing booth to be set up in Fantasyland--a kissing booth that is manned by the likes of Flynn Rider, Gaston, Prince Phillip, Prince Eric and TARZAN!!! It would be so heavenly to pucker up with any one of those gorgeous hunks.....

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

sleepyjeff, I love all of your wishes.

Why can't/don't you work for Disney?

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    sleepyjeff, I love all of your wishes.
    Thank you

Why can't/don't you work for Disney?
    They can't afford me.....what I mean is, they could afford to pay me but they couldn't afford my dreams
    Last edited by sleepyjeff; 07-11-2013 at 04:01 PM.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

The thing I most often find myself wanting is a meet and greet with Simba! And I don't think it's that crazy of an idea, since they have Marie out and about and she's really no different than Simba.

• formerly very helpful

Since we're talking wishes that won't ever happen, here goes:

Restore EPCOT to its 1989- or so glory days. That means Horizons, Journey Into Imagination, World of Motion, and Wonders of Life. And Spaceship Earth with Jeromy Irons.

Since that won't happen, then this wish:
    I would get a lifetime, all-inclusive, all-expenses paid pass for ALL things Disney, including lodging, food, and admission for me and my family. That also includes lodging in the castle.

If I'm going to wish, I'll wish BIG!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Since we're talking wishes that won't ever happen, here goes:

Restore EPCOT to its 1989- or so glory days. That means Horizons, Journey Into Imagination, World of Motion, and Wonders of Life. And Spaceship Earth with Jeromy Irons.

Since that won't happen, then this wish:
    I would get a lifetime, all-inclusive, all-expenses paid pass for ALL things Disney, including lodging, food, and admission for me and my family. That also includes lodging in the castle.

If I'm going to wish, I'll wish BIG!
    I definitely like your style.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by paradesintherain View Post
    The thing I most often find myself wanting is a meet and greet with Simba! And I don't think it's that crazy of an idea, since they have Marie out and about and she's really no different than Simba.
    I wouldn't want Simba in anthromorphic walk-around form. Perhaps if they had an animatronic of Simba similar to that of FotLK for meet and greet that would be cool
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    I wouldn't want Simba in anthromorphic walk-around form. Perhaps if they had an animatronic of Simba similar to that of FotLK for meet and greet that would be cool
    I sure would! Young Simba, please. Back when Festival of the Lion King was pretty new they used to leave the Simba float out for pictures and stuff, and I did that, but didn't quite satisfy me.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Exactly my wish to.....they could even incorporate it into a car rental system where people could also travel to places that are not on the PRT:

Such as.....

A Convenient Future - YouTube

My other wishes.......

EPCOT.... New nations for World Showcase....Switzerland (with a Matterhorn Bobsled ride) and Brazil (with a jungle canopy trek via skyway). Also would like to see the long anticipated Rhine River attraction finally built in Germany.

In Future World I'd like to see a New film for Soarin that showcases various farming syles the world over.

Universe of Energy needs to be gutted and re-built into The World of Tron.

Space needs to dump the entire astronaut training theme and go full out into immersing the guest into an actual trip to Mars. Maybe even using the adjacent closed Wonder of Life building to be a Mars science colony...the old simulators could be rovers to explore the Red Planet.

The old Odyssey restaurant needs to be re-opened as a no reservations required fast food facility that serves 8 - 12 of the most popular dishes from around World Showcase.....but with a futuristic twist

Journey into Imagination.......Two new attractions here to replace the current ones....one would feature Mickey and friends from Fun and Fancy Frees' Mickey and the Beanstalk:
    We take a journey with Mickey, Donald, and Goofy aboard a Bean Mobile, climbing higher and higher into the night sky. In the morning we arrive at the gates to the Giants castle, where we are summarily attacked by rather large flying insects. Moving into the castle we gape in wonder at the size of everything, especially the giants dinner table.
    Soon we discover the Golden Harp, and the Giant discovers us! After a short nap we make haste for the Beanstalk, followed by a very awake and very angry giant.
    Down, down, down the beanstalk we flee, with the clumsy giant in close pursuit. Just as we get down to the ground we see a huge shadow fall nearby, followed by an ugly "thunk!"
    As we exit into the gift shop, we look up and notice our giant is lifting up the roof, asking guests if they've seen a "little itsy, bitsy", mouse

The 2nd attraction here would be an interactive voyage thru a star-field....where riders can make the stars move, blink, and even supernovae using little more than small waves of their own hands.

DISNEY STUDIOS... Star Wars Land....simply put I wanna fly an X-wing fighter....me, not a robot *Tour*.

ANIMAL KINGDOM... Bring back the Discovery River Boats, Have a dedicated team of machinists to keep the Yeti working all the time, Replace -It's tough to be a Bug- with a new show and expand the Monorail from the TTC to the Animal Kingdom Lodge and then on to the AK park itself

MAGIC KINGDOM.... Replace -Stitch- with an attraction that transports the guest to the edge of a Black Hole; Bring HoverCars to the -Speedway; Replace the Laugh Floor with The Space Bears.....Big Al singing Space Oddity would be worth the price of admission all by itself

FORT WILDERNESS... Wall off River Country from the Lake and bring it back as a wonderful little waterpark for the guests of Fort Wilderness Resort. Also bring back the trains for intra-campground transport.

DISCOVERY ISLAND... Bring it back, install lots of hammocks. This could be a great place for day guests to retreat from the parks in the late afternoon. Instead of clogging up the public areas of the Monorail Hotels as they do now. Win/Win
    I was torn by a lot of your ideas here (i thought this was supposed to be impossible wishes, a lot of this is rumoured or doable lol). so here are my thoughts.

love the Brazil addition and Germany expansion. many people believe and have heard with the world cup and olympics coming there it is the next logical step for disney and the country of brazil that is trying to reform its image. Switzerland isn't unique enough though from the other countries already in the showcase, hence why it was cut from the original roster when Epcot was being constructed. It just feels like its being used to bring the Matterhorn to the east coast which would be a mistake. instead if you wanted to add a second country, my vote would go to spain if its another European country, with South Africa and Australia getting diversity considerations.

totally love the idea for soarin, the land could also use an updated circle of life show. love timon pumba and simba but the show needs updating.

Major disagreement here. I love the current format of the show and I think with new actors and updated animatronics it could still be extremely entertaining and informative. thats the best way to go for this attraction and it would be more cost effective. the concept of tron is best served with speed and action, not a very slow moving informative ride about energy.

regarding Mission space I like the idea but then it would leave no hope in bringing back WoL and would make me very sad.

while an interesting idea for the odyssey, that would most likely result in taking the freshness out of the best food in the world showcase that made it so food in the first place. i agree they should reopen it to the public and I agree it should be unique though.

Looking at your Ideas for the imagination pavilion. I can't see a way this turns out well without figment. thats the pavilion's mascot and I think he deserves at least a new ride and interactive area as well as a new show (though he doesn't have to be included in that). the big 5 should have no part in epcot attractions, they can do meet and greets but they stay at arms length from epcot. thats just an unwritten rule, and the imagination pavilion would be much better off for it.

cant wait for star wars land to come true

totally agreed with everything for AK except for replacing bugs life, that show is awesome. maybe they could update it a little or make a new bugs life show based on the same concept but i believe it should stay around.

i think stitch should get an attraction in tomorrow land, just not that one lol. also laugh floor is a pretty fun attraction but it belongs in DHS not where it is.

the rest sounds great to me

From September through May, have one rotating park per day closed to patrons under the age of 25.
    Madge, obsessive Disney freak!
    How everyone sounds singing "Let It Go"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast