Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Re: Multiple Day "Rapid Fill" Beverage Mugs w/ RFID Chips. Multiple Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by redrhino54 View Post
    So , your argument is a policy that is 15-20 years old?....lol....I love this new cup idea. People DO drink that much soda, especially those who don't drink coffee. Breakfast at the hotel? Hanging at the pool ? Leaving breakfast, grab a refill, come back after the park, grab a refill when grabbing a snack before bed? If you don't like it, don't buy it, but if you liked it, you wouldn't have anything to complain about. ....lol
    Yes. Disney usually stands by things like that. That's why old tickets still never expire.

And it's not a new cup idea. The cups are old. The RFIDs tracking everything are new.
    -Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    When the program was first introduced in the early 90s, the mugs were indeed forever anywhere hotel refillable mugs. It changed to "length of stay at the resort you're staying at only" in the mid 90s.
    Ah I see. Well honestly I never saw any that old, that I knew of. I had the mugs from Caribbean Beach when they were in the rooms for sale, and I never saw anything like that at all. But I can understand why those people would be upset.

• Metro-Retro Historian

So this awesome new thing is that we now get to pay extra for something that used to be included with our rooms?
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I recently got rid of all the refillable mugs that I had purchased on my many Disney World vacations. They were collecting dust on a shelf on my back porch. I had one from each of the different hotels that I had stayed at. They were nice souvenirs and I originally purchased them because they were resort specific. I always wished that you could refill them in the parks, as well as at the hotel food courts, but that was never true. Not sure exactly when they stopped selling the resort specific ones, but it was probably about the time that everything went Disney Parks. I am not a big beverage drinker, so I never purchased them entirely to save money in that department. Refillable mugs do seem to be a marketing tool at most themeparks nowadays, because I will admit that I did purchase one the day that I spent time at Universal's Island of Adventure. One more souvenir, that most likely will collect the dust, until I decide to toss it out.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by redrhino54 View Post
    So , your argument is a policy that is 15-20 years old?....lol....I love this new cup idea. People DO drink that much soda, especially those who don't drink coffee. Breakfast at the hotel? Hanging at the pool ? Leaving breakfast, grab a refill, come back after the park, grab a refill when grabbing a snack before bed? If you don't like it, don't buy it, but if you liked it, you wouldn't have anything to complain about. ....lol
    it doesn't mean they should though. not only is it a rip off for at least 90% of the people purchasing it. the 10% that are actually getting their moneys worth are putting themselves at serious health risk drinking that much soda. again its things like this that make you wonder what people are really doing about the obesity epidemic

Soda is mostly water, and I've yet to hear a Urologist express serious concern. People who work with the morbidly obese will advise often, 'never drink a calorie', so if you're going to drink the stuff, do yourself a favor and don't add the extra calories and go for the zero-calorie stuff.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    "Remember when you first went out to eat with your parents? Remember,

it was such a treat to go and they serve you this different food that you never

saw before, and they put it in front of you, and it is such a delicious and

exciting adventure? And now I just feel like a big sweaty hog waiting for them

to fill up the trough."

~Julia Louise Dreyfus(as Elaine in Seinfeld/Chinese Restaurant)
    Me thinketh Ms. Dreyfus protesteth too much. We would each be fortunate to be as fit and trim as she (not necessarily having the a girly build, curves and legs), we could get away with plowing into food and drinks like nobody's business!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mikelieman View Post
    Soda is mostly water, and I've yet to hear a Urologist express serious concern. People who work with the morbidly obese will advise often, 'never drink a calorie', so if you're going to drink the stuff, do yourself a favor and don't add the extra calories and go for the zero-calorie stuff.
    just because its zero calorie doesn't mean its perfectly harmless. sure its slightly better for you, theres no denying that but when your drinking it in that massive a quantity the "goodness" factor doesn't really matter. the artificial sweeteners these sodas rely on have been scientifically proven in several studies that combined with a high fat diet (the standard american diet in other words) they can drastically increase your chance of contracting diabetes and heart issues as well as increase your susceptibility to certain types of cancers. soda in any form is inherently harmful in large amounts, as are many other things. if the american populous could simply learn the concept of moderation we wouldn't have these problems.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    just because its zero calorie doesn't mean its perfectly harmless. sure its slightly better for you, theres no denying that but when your drinking it in that massive a quantity the "goodness" factor doesn't really matter. the artificial sweeteners these sodas rely on have been scientifically proven in several studies that combined with a high fat diet (the standard american diet in other words) they can drastically increase your chance of contracting diabetes and heart issues as well as increase your susceptibility to certain types of cancers. soda in any form is inherently harmful in large amounts, as are many other things. if the american populous could simply learn the concept of moderation we wouldn't have these problems.
    Good reply. 1 point.

I am a soda drinker... and honestly, with the health risks involving artificial sweeteners, I'd rather have 1 real coke a day than 8 diet cokes.
    -Bill

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I won't consume anything that has an artificial sweetener in it. Not by choice, anyway. The after taste is just terrible. Normally, I don't drink soft drinks. My husband mistakenly picks up the yogurt in the store with the artificial sweetener in it, and I won't touch that at all.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    the artificial sweeteners these sodas rely on have been scientifically proven in several studies that combined with a high fat diet ... they can drastically increase your chance of contracting diabetes and heart issues as well as increase your susceptibility to certain types of cancers. soda in any form is inherently harmful in large amounts,
    Look, it's not the soda, it's the diet. And I'm not going to say any more about this, since I'm not being paid for my professional opinion and YES, I do this stuff professionally. ( We develop software tools used by doctors to help resolve eating disorders. )

I'll just restate my original position. I've never met a Urologist who had any issues with it.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Good reply. 1 point.

I am a soda drinker... and honestly, with the health risks involving artificial sweeteners, I'd rather have 1 real coke a day than 8 diet cokes.
    exactly Bill. even if you were having 1 coke every day it wouldn't be the best for you but its manageable because its in general moderation. as long as you live an active lifestyle and have a pretty good diet you will be fine. people think its really hard to avoid being heavy but for the most part to over simplify things its a pretty simple formula. make sure the amount your putting out is equal to or more then the amount your putting in.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelieman View Post
    Look, it's not the soda, it's the diet. And I'm not going to say any more about this, since I'm not being paid for my professional opinion and YES, I do this stuff professionally. ( We develop software tools used by doctors to help resolve eating disorders. )

I'll just restate my original position. I've never met a Urologist who had any issues with it.
    ...but soda is part of your diet. you can't simply just put soda in its own category and the rest of your food and drink in another. everything you consume is part of that dietary structure and its never going to be a positive addition, particularily when its guzzled down in massive amounts. I believe you have misheard any doctors you may have talked to as any who are worth the possession of an M.D. will tell you that having 5+ cans of soda of any type a day is probably a bad thing. It is commonplace in cases of obesity weight loss for zero cal sodas to be placed as part of the dietary structure simply because you can't just stop these people from drinking litres upon litres of the stuff to going cold turkey. its used as a weening tool to eventually get them off of soda and on to water or at least drinking an extremely small amount in comparison to what they used to. I assure you its a necessary evil, not something that doctors take no issue with whatsoever. now granted I totally agree if you have a healthy diet and are an active person you can afford to drink a little more soda as a treat, but without moderation your just as bad as the guy next to you who hammers down a couple double big macs. the health risks accosted with aspartame are long and proven, the more of it you consume the more likely you are for it to affect you.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post

The price breakdown is as follows:
    1) Single day mug: $8.99
    2) Two day mug: $11.99
    3) Three day mug: $14.99
    4) Four or more day mug: $17.99
    1-3 are pricebreaks. I think the mugs were costing about $15.25 this year.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

The health risks accosted with aspartame are long and proven,
    Aspartame is just one of the common artificial sweeteners.

Rather than this handwavy thing, do you have any DATA about Stevia. I mean, you do know there are a whole lot of different artificial sweeteners, and many don't spike insulin levels too ( e.g.: Stevia )

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Stevia isn't artificial...
    -Bill

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast