Interesting Photo Locations

Does anyone have recommendations/suggestions for lesser known but good locations for photos while visiting any of the parks? Maybe places that are both visually interesting themselves -- especially at certain times of the day, under certain conditions (e.g., after it has rained) or during certain events -- or that would make for fun and uncommon backdrops for family photos (e.g., in the queues while waiting for a ride, etc.). If you can post links to sample photos you've taken, that would be great.

BTW - We are going to be at WDW from Aug. 3 to Aug. 9.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Interesting Photo Locations

Try different angles of the castle at MK. Most people just take photos of the front (usually with the Partners statue in front of it). I like taking photos of the sides and the back for a different perspective.

Stand right under Spaceship Earth at Epcot and take a photo looking straight up at the sphere.

Experiment. Photography to me is 10% skill and 90% luck. Take photos of anything that catches your eye that looks interesting.

Re: Interesting Photo Locations

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Experiment. Photography to me is 10% skill and 90% luck. Take photos of anything that catches your eye that looks interesting.
    This.

Take loads and loads of pics and try not to delete stuff until you've had a chance to look at them at home. What kind of camera do you have?

I'm nowhere near the level of artistry that the guys at DisneyPhotographyBlog.com aspire to, I am only an occasional WDW visitor, so bringing a tripod and setting up shots and waiting for just the right moment isn't always possible. I shoot mostly handheld with a DSLR. I try to get good composition. A rule I almost always follow is if you're shooting a landscape make sure you zoom out a little more than you think you should, and shooting people, I try to get in as close as I can. If you're photographing kids with characters, try to get things other then the "prom picture" - catching the look on a kids face as he stare's up at Goofy will tell a little story and remind you of that memory way more than a "say cheese" pose will.

Water is always very photogenic... any place where you can get a reflection in the water is great .

Hollywood Studios with all its neon up front is great too.

Oh - and one big thing - if you don't know how to use your camera well, please please please learn how to force it to take pictures without a flash. Unless you're Brazillian, in which case, I think it says on the guide map that you are allowed to ruin the show for everyone else.

If you want an idea of the kind of pictures I take, my Walt Disney World photos are all here:
    Collection: Walt Disney World