Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center

What things don't you like about the third version of Imagination

I think the new version is meh if I look at it again as just the ride as itself however comparing it to the original version, Id like to know the reasons why u guys don't like it. The things I dont like about the current attraction compared to the original are I absolutely can't stand Dr. Nigel Channing (he annoys the heck outta me and I just want him to shut up! I think maybe it's be a little better if Dreamfinder was the host instead.), It feels a little too much like the previous version (which I don't even want to talk about because it was such an abomination and I absolutely hated that version), also the ride is more about the Five senses then the different parts of Imagination like the original, and last but not least this ride just feels alot cheaper and barely has any scenery while the original version did. How about you guys? Oh and another thing I wanted to add, the old ImageWorks was better it seems and also i liked it better that u could meet Dreamfinder & Figment outside the attraction too which I myself would've loved to meet.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: What things don't you like about the third version of Imagination

Well honestly there are things I do like.

Personally I like Eric Idle. I also like the ending with the blast, and the exit into the star room

But over all it is pretty boring. You find yourself searching with your eyes something worth your time, and most the time you just find an abandoned office complex.

Think about it, you are taking a tour of the institute, yet there is NO ONE to be found. the place is looks like the zombie Apocalypse happened, and they abandoned the place.

But the parts when it is engaging again the end scene with the blast, the collapsing walls, and then the exit into the star room are neat and fun.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    Well honestly there are things I do like.

Personally I like Eric Idle. I also like the ending with the blast, and the exit into the star room

But over all it is pretty boring. You find yourself searching with your eyes something worth your time, and most the time you just find an abandoned office complex.

Think about it, you are taking a tour of the institute, yet there is NO ONE to be found. the place is looks like the zombie Apocalypse happened, and they abandoned the place.

But the parts when it is engaging again the end scene with the blast, the collapsing walls, and then the exit into the star room are neat and fun.
    Kind of funny that the parts that you (and I) like are the parts that remained from Imagination 2.0... ha ha ha. Just goes to show ya... well, I really don't know what that goes to show ya.

I'm not an Imagination 2.0 hater. The parts that were actually done (the ones that had a budget) were very well done, and they kept those parts for the current version. But other parts were largely budget-driven, and that's where the ride failed.
    -Bill

What things don't you like about the third version of Imagination ? That it isn't the first one....lol

• formerly very helpful

This will sound somewhat vague, but what I don't like about the current version, compared to the original, is that the current version isn't "magical". The original version resulted in transporting me to another world and engaging my imagination (hence the title.) But I get none of that from this version.
    The new version id definitely an improvement over the abomination that was the second version, and has more humor. I even find a part of myself enjoying it. My children who have never been on the original liked this version quite a bit. But they haven't seen how good it could have been, while I have.

• Banned User

Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    This will sound somewhat vague, but what I don't like about the current version, compared to the original, is that the current version isn't "magical". The original version resulted in transporting me to another world and engaging my imagination (hence the title.) But I get none of that from this version.
    The new version id definitely an improvement over the abomination that was the second version, and has more humor. I even find a part of myself enjoying it. My children who have never been on the original liked this version quite a bit. But they haven't seen how good it could have been, while I have.
    I completely agree, I ony enjoy the new one cause Figment torments that abomination Dr. Nigel Channing (which I think is the most annoying character I've ever heard and seen). But ya your right, the old is alot more magical and just has a completely vibe. Figment doesn't fit in the environment he's in now. He certainly doesn't belong in a lab with an annoying pest Dr Nigel Channing! I mean everyone hated him in the second version. Why the heck did they have to keep him!

• formerly very helpful

Strange thing is, I really like Eric Idle, who plays Dr. Channing. I bet I'd like the character a lot more in a different attraction elsewhere, that didn't get placed where a classic was evicted. Kind of like the sorcerer's hat in front of the Chinese Theater in the Studios. I'd like it somewhere else.

My favorite quote on the subject:

"Old Imagination tried to inspire your imagination. New Imagination tries to tell you what imagination is."

• Banned User

The big things for me is

- figment is way too obnoxious and not like the original version
    - dream finder was a lot cooler than Eric idle
    -there was a lot to see in the original ride because there were actual themed sets with animatronics and various things all around. The later versions stripped alot of that away and made it bland.

I also miss the image works upstairs

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    The big things for me is

-there was a lot to see in the original ride because there were actual themed sets with animatronics and various things all around. The later versions stripped alot of that away and made it bland.

Full agreement on all points.

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    The big things for me is

100% agreement.

Maybe Figment acts the way he does because he's so angry about what happened to the original attraction.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

anyone have footage of second version?

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Heavy Breather

Martin does on his website. But I must warn you, what you will see will bore you, shock you, it may even horrify you.... So if you still wish to see it I.... Well, I warned you.

• formerly very helpful

I would have thought that anyone would have destroyed footage of the desecration - sorry, I mean version two.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

I actually like the beginning of the ride and the end, the middle "guts" of the ride are what kills it for me...

They should have put just as much effort into that just seems like they threw in some effects just to have something there to me, not like a good Disney ride that truely immerses me in the world of Figment and the Imagination institute..
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast