• Minion

Seven Voyages of Sindbad area for DAK

Now im not sure if this area should be part of a larger Beastly Kingdom-esque area or it's own mini land between Africa and Asia ( which is technically where the places he visits are) but i think that a Sindbad themed land would be pretty cool. The entrance would be similar to the signs in DAK, although I'm not sure what the land would be called (I was thinking land of the seven voyages). To each side of the entrance would be pools of water made to look ocean/ tide poolish, each having tropical fish in them. One pool would have an animatronic "water horse" from the epic, that would occasionally bob its head in and out of the water to greet guest

waterfinished by holmes.ashton96, on Flickr

The main attraction in this area would be a log flume like ride themed to the Roc from the story. This attraction would be housed in a fake mountain about as tall as splash mountain. This attraction would start out with guest going into a large area of water (on a track of course). They come into contact with a Ship wrecked Dhow boat. The ship has evidence of a Roc attack with claw marks in certain areas, large feathers, and a large rock to the side of the boat (which in the story the Roc used to destroy a boat). The distant shriek of the Roc can be heard in this section as well.

shipwreck by holmes.ashton96, on Flickr

You then journey into the mountain, facing the fierce bird yourself. You pass large Roc eggs as well as coming into contact with the Roc itself. The attraction ends with a plummet down the mountain into an underground cave. This drop would be made to look like the boat crashed to off ride viewers, complete with a fog blasting effect, a crashing sound effect, and the actual splash being obstructed from outside viewers by the cave.

roc by holmes.ashton96, on Flickr

The next ride would be a simple boat tour around the land explaining the story of Sindbad with a couple of AA's along the way. Lastly, a spinner themed to rafts would be placed in this area. A small pool of water would be under the riders to simulate high waves.

There would be an animal exhibit Made to look like the canyon full of giant diamonds that was guarded by snakes. There would be actual snake habitats as well as Audio Animatronic Giant snakes as well. A small rest area would be in this land as well, themed to the lush Oasis that Sindbad found on his journeys. Mostly fresh fruits and drinks would be served in this area.

although i originally intended this land for DAK, it could also work for maybe an Adventureland expansion, as well a 3rd gate themed to lost lands, legends, or adventurers/heroes...Thoughts?
    Last edited by imaginashton; 07-20-2013 at 10:43 PM.

Re: Seven Voyages of Sindbad area for DAK

I think a is bad area would be a great fit for DAK. If they use elements from TDS it could've a nice fit and finally add that bit of mythology the park has been promising us since opening day

• Minion

this could be an interesting concept, however Universal is already using the Sinbad rights in their show on the Lost Continent. that show would need to end and be removed for disney to consider creating that land.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by robbiem View Post
    I think a is bad area would be a great fit for DAK. If they use elements from TDS it could've a nice fit and finally add that bit of mythology the park has been promising us since opening day
    thank you that was the main thing I was trying to do with this concept. Another mythology land plus avatar would finally make DAK a full day park IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    this could be an interesting concept, however Universal is already using the Sinbad rights in their show on the Lost Continent. that show would need to end and be removed for disney to consider creating that land.
    Thanks, I considered that, they seem to be trying to get rid of the lost continent area anyway with the addition of potter and these new Jurrasic park games so I don't think it would be a problem. Also the stories are public domain.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    Thanks, I considered that, they seem to be trying to get rid of the lost continent area anyway with the addition of potter and these new Jurrasic park games so I don't think it would be a problem. Also the stories are public domain.
    while they have diminished the space after the harry potter addition, Jurassic park has nothing to do with this land as it is nowhere near it. Also while the stories are public domain it creates confusion in brand identity when you're telling almost the same story to that of your competitor, plus I'm sure universal could find a way to make things difficult. Again I can't see anyway disney would remotely consider the idea until universal takes theirs down which i don't see happening.

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    although i originally intended this land for DAK, it could also work for maybe an Adventureland expansion, as well a 3rd gate themed to lost lands, legends, or adventurers/heroes...Thoughts?
    I think it's a great idea for a land (at DAK or elsewhere) and kudos for creating those concept pieces!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    while they have diminished the space after the harry potter addition, Jurassic park has nothing to do with this land as it is nowhere near it. Also while the stories are public domain it creates confusion in brand identity when you're telling almost the same story to that of your competitor, plus I'm sure universal could find a way to make things difficult. Again I can't see anyway disney would remotely consider the idea until universal takes theirs down which i don't see happening.
    True, I can still see them trying to get rid of the area but that's just me lol.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RandySavage View Post
    I think it's a great idea for a land (at DAK or elsewhere) and kudos for creating those concept pieces!
    Thanks

I think it's only a matter fo time before Universal shutters it all. I think a good majority of people who visit theme parks these days don't even know what Sinbad is.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Minion

Very true, but I think if its a good attraction, guest will come.