Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Post WDW Photo Update - Jan 25th 2006

Greetings all you Disney Fans out there. This is Bill coming to you live from Orlando with your lastest WDW update. No, this update will have nothing from Everest... however a large update will come this weekend (or next week) with more Everest stuff than you can take. So let's get started.

MK...

Don't eat at Tony's. The food isn't what it used to be. The white sauce is horrible, and I can't say anything good about the atmosphere. Tony's def. needs a major overhaul.

I have phtos of the new locker areas and such... see the link at the bottom of this post for all photos.

Emporium is cracking on the outside. I'm not liking it.

The Emporium also had some rahter lovely displays up for Feb. 14th, the day you all know as big heart day. Yes, big heart day includes such wonderful Disney items as edible roses, heart shaped boxes, and lots of red and pink.

Splash Mountain has the water cannons back, all three of them. And they're getting people wetter than ever. Watch out. Oddly enough, the jumping fountains still don't work in the Laughin' Place Scene, and Hopping Brer Rabbit isn't working again. Bah, technology.

Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin is in rehab. Rumor has it that we're getting the new detachable cannons used in Tokyo Disneyland and Disneyland Park. They're also fixing the fog effects that have been broken for oh so long. And yes, the windows are blocked on the TTA, so you can't see in even if you ride it. lol

Epcot...

I went insane with nighttime shots. RoE is still Inferno-less.

At the Living Seas, Finding Nemo Music has replaced the old Seabase loop.

Epcot has a lot planned for the 25th at this point. Here's the tentative plans...

Removal of Wand
    Finding Nemo Attraction in Disney's Living Seas*
    New attraction in place of Wonders of Life
    New parade*
    New fireworks*
    New Canada movie
    New France movie
    New Norway movie
    Major El Rio Del Tiempo Rehab
    Major Imagination! Rehab

The ones with an * are 100% sure to happen. There will be more info this coming week on these future projects. For now, enjoy the Epcot photos!

Disney-MGM Studios

Brawny made it on the LMA sign. How wonderful. lol And in case that wasn't enough, just venture into any restroom... (the pictures will explain)

Disney's Animal Kingdom

Nothing new here. Ha. Actually, As you may know Tarzan Rocks! is closed now, and green walls are already up. Festival of the Lion King went through an odd change in exit practices... now you must remain seated while the floats are moved backstage before exiting... Not sure why.

Evidently CAT has become a sponsor for Kilimanjaro Safaris? See the photos... lol

All around the world...

All Christmas stuff is down. From everywhere. (Except the Christmas shops. Ha!)

At the Wilderness Lodge, I was able to snap some shots of the temporary Roaring Forks. It's really not a bad setup for what they have.

There are a few other little things I didn't mention here, but they're in the photos. So here are the photos!

http://ucf.facebook.com/album.php?ai...677&id=5121309
    Last edited by captsmith84; 01-25-2006 at 10:42 PM.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Re: WDW Photo Update - Jan 25th 2006

Crossing my fingers and toes for the wand removal. Will be nice to get Epcot back! Glad to hear they are updating some of the movies too.

Ohh! Now I have a reason to go to Epcot when this is all done. LOL

• Banned User

another imagination redo? I hope they learned their lesson and keep figment in there somehow. after all you can't have an imagination without that " one little spark" and he is the best thing about the imagination pavilion.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Where in Morrocco is that Sulatan and Aladdin book?

Hmm...I can't picture Roaring Forks like that...is it just because everything is cleared out or what? Where is it located?
    And will I still be able to get cookies this weekend?

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Maybe it's because I never saw it in it's original incarnation, I enjoyed it immensely when I went in 2004. Does anyone know if it got changed between 2004 and 2000 because I remember hating it in 2000.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Epcot has a lot planned for the 25th at this point. Here's the tentative plans...

Removal of Wand
    Did you say Removal of Wand? REMOVAL OF WAND??????? What's your source for this rumor? How likely do you think it is? I've disliked this monstrosity since the first day I saw it, and can't wait to enjoy the majesty of the Spaceship Earth structure without that horrible life sucking thing attached!!!

• I was deleted.

Don't eat at Tony's. The food isn't what it used to be. The white sauce is horrible, and I can't say anything good about the atmosphere. Tony's def. needs a major overhaul.
    When did you eat there? I had lunch there and enjoyed it.

Splash Mountain has the water cannons back, all three of them. And they're getting people wetter than ever. Watch out. Oddly enough, the jumping fountains still don't work in the Laughin' Place Scene, and Hopping Brer Rabbit isn't working again. Bah, technology.
    Oh you KNOW jabberwocky will be happy and sad to hear this news since he loves that attraction.

At the Living Seas, Finding Nemo Music has replaced the old Seabase loop.

Removal of Wand
    Finding Nemo Attraction in Disney's Living Seas*
    New attraction in place of Wonders of Life
    New parade*
    New fireworks*
    New Canada movie
    New France movie
    New Norway movie
    Major El Rio Del Tiempo Rehab
    Major Imagination! Rehab

The ones with an * are 100% sure to happen. There will be more info this coming week on these future projects. For now, enjoy the Epcot photos!
    Hmm... Night photos but one of Aladdin? Morocco has the best one too! Anyway... interesting news. I'm not quite sure if I would like the Nemo BGM. I'm sure it makes sense in there with everything inside the place. I guess you have to hear it to "test" it. What do you think? Does it pass a test?

Brawny made it on the LMA sign. How wonderful. lol And in case that wasn't enough, just venture into any restroom... (the pictures will explain)
    The Brawny sponsorship has been on the main LMA sign for quite some time and I want to say since it opened. I'm not sure about the restrooms but those signs can be found in various other places across property.

Nothing new here. Ha. Actually, As you may know Tarzan Rocks! is closed now, and green walls are already up.
    I think I'm going to cry! I knew it was going to happen.. but it's still not very cool.

Festival of the Lion King went through an odd change in exit practices... now you must remain seated while the floats are moved backstage before exiting... Not sure why.
    That is weird! Now I want to try and find out why. Do you know if it was just a daily thing for whatever day you were visiting or if they have officially switched? I wonder if it's due to wear-and-tear on the floats or if that's how they do it in HKDL?

Evidently CAT has become a sponsor for Kilimanjaro Safaris? See the photos... lol

All around the world...

All Christmas stuff is down. From everywhere. (Except the Christmas shops. Ha!)

At the Wilderness Lodge, I was able to snap some shots of the temporary Roaring Forks. It's really not a bad setup for what they have.
    Wow! Roaring Forks kind of looks like Whitewater from those pictures. Anyway. Thanks for your update Bill!

http://ucf.facebook.com/album.php?ai...677&id=5121309[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung
    Did you say Removal of Wand? REMOVAL OF WAND??????? What's your source for this rumor? How likely do you think it is? I've disliked this monstrosity since the first day I saw it, and can't wait to enjoy the majesty of the Spaceship Earth structure without that horrible life sucking thing attached!!!
    I know ... seems like more than we can hope for.

But I've heard the same thing. For two reasons -- Epcot's 25th coupled with the fact Siemens doesn't want it over 'their' attraction.

I think it will happen. But won't believe it until I see the cranes.

FWIW, the commercials for Soarin (new ones, obviously) running in Florida show SSE sans wand. I don't think that's a coincidence.

As to the other rumors, I also know the new nighttime show and parade are planned. The attractions redos are still iffy ... cheap, but who knows?

I honestly don't see WoL replaced in two years by a major attraction, but after the Pixar buyout, anything's possible.

Great report, Bill.

• The one, the only...

The two things that I am most excited about is the wand removal and the fixing of the fixing of the Imagination ride. What a mistake it was to have MBA's design a Disney ride. It is a ride only an accountant would love.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Vehicle rotating backward

Removal of Wand
    EXCELLENT.

• ROFLCOPTER

RoE??

Anyway, I like the wand.
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• Disney Prince

bye bye ROE already!?...but but...oh well...hope the enxt one would be better and even more fantastic...and finally buh-bye ugly wand....now for that pesky hat...

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

RoE will have had an eight-year run...not too shabby. I'm sure the next one will be an improvement, too. As much as I love RoE, we have better technology now than we did in the late 90s...hopefully they keep similar quality music, however.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

The inferno barge will be returning February 1, if the testing going on right now overnight works

• Banned User

Excellent news! Thank you!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast