Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Banned User

Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center

Re: Imagination Pavillion Rumored to Close

I actually prefer the one there now that I rode in person yesterday then this stupid idea!!! If they get rid of Figment I'm never going to Epcot again! I'm serious!

• Banned User

My whole family loves Figment and we'll all be pissed if they try to get rid of him completley!!! Darn Disney, u really messed up this time! U better bring back the old version or something with Dreamfinder & Figment or Me and my family are gonna be pissed
    Last edited by DreamfinderFigment; 07-24-2013 at 08:30 PM.

This is IGER's Disney: risk-averse, spendthrift, overly cautious ... on everything except its movies, which -- outside of Marvel (whose marketing campaigns Disney doesn't develop) and, decreasingly, Pixar -- just don't work, no matter how much money they spend on them.

But, that also means do NOT discount the Phineas & Ferb theme or any kind of non-EPCOT-y movie tie-in concept. Iger's Disney drools at what Universal did with Harry Potter. His version of the company would, without batting an eye, fully and finally destroy everything EPCOT is about if it meant that they could fulfill the dictates of research-driven focus groups. Remember the old saying your mother used: "If the other kids jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge, would you?" If there were money involved, Iger's Disney would be right there claiming they can jump faster and farther and more magically.

I really, really hope it's completely unfounded. I just don't have a good feeling about it.

Here's the chance to show that EPCOT can be everything it once stood for, can be a true gem among theme parks, but I'm so fearful they'll blow it.

They could create something that really IS imaginative, but watch them go with a film-based "interactive" concept.

And the old chestnut about EPCOT needing corporate sponsors? The world has changed. The public doesn't trust massive companies to guide us into the future AND Disney has more money than it ever has in the past; Disney doesn't need any corporate sponsorship to create its OWN message. When you think about the possibilities, it's easy to get excited. When you think about the actual likelihood, it's easy to get depressed.

• Banned User

Wow this really upsets me! I thought Disney was going back to the old ways and bringing good stuff back but when they decide to change my favorite character into Disney channel BS, that really crosses the line. Dreamfinder & Figment have helped me think more positive about my life and have made me a much better person today. It'll be really hard on me when Figment is gone. Sigh... My favorite character forgotten and abandoned!!! TERRIBLE!!! This is the worst "news" I've ever heard from Disney! I mean I hate Phineas and Ferb and to have them replace Figment just makes me hate that show even more!!! I can't believe Disney could do this to usImagination fans!!! What a bunch of morons!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EC82 View Post
    When you think about the possibilities, it's easy to get excited. When you think about the actual likelihood, it's easy to get depressed.
    Sad but true.

• Heavy Breather

This has me excited, but worried. I'm sure if Tony is going to be a consultant than it'll involve Figment or maybe even Dreamfinder in some way. Yet I'm also afraid that it'll become a P&F attraction, or they'll demolish it completely and turn it into "Journey thru (whatever what ever untalented tween singer is popular now)s mind with 3D and MyMagic++ That of course would be the worst case scenario.

The problem with restoring FII is that they removed some of the structural pieces when they removed the "circle room". They would have to tear it down completely and rebuild from scratch. Anyone here want to take bets on the current TDO management spending that kind of time and/or cash?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SethRogenForPrez View Post
    The problem with restoring FII is that they removed some of the structural pieces when they removed the "circle room". They would have to tear it down completely and rebuild from scratch. Anyone here want to take bets on the current TDO management spending that kind of time and/or cash?
    Not really, they only covered up the track pit and track of the carousel scene, not remove it entirely.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Banned User

Well then if that's the case! Then they should bring back the original with modern technology!!! Tony Baxter would honestly hate the Phineas and Ferb idea! Disney channel doesn't belong in the parks!!

• Banned User

And plus there's already Phineas and Ferb at Epcot! We don't need more!

Why don't you people wait and see what is REALLY going to happen, rather than negativaley speculate on some other sites rumors? It doesn't seem to matter anymore on here, what Disney does, all the haters jump on the band wagons that have no wheels ! Im starting to think Universal is paying people to come on here just to trash talk WDW.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by redrhino54 View Post
    Why don't you people wait and see what is REALLY going to happen, rather than negativaley speculate on some other sites rumors? It doesn't seem to matter anymore on here, what Disney does, all the haters jump on the band wagons that have no wheels ! Im starting to think Universal is paying people to come on here just to trash talk WDW.
    I love Disney and am not a fan of Universal. Why I'm pissed is because im a big Classic Disney and Figment fan and now that I hear that Disney might be taking away the Figment character COMPLETLEY pisses me off! And I hate Phineas and Ferb. That show just sucks! And to have that stupid show replace MY favorite character is what pisses me off! That's why I'm mad!

• Banned User

I mean look what they've done to the Disney Channel! Comepletely ruined it!!! It's not at all like it used to be!! That's why I'm afraid that they'll ruin the Imagination pavilion by putting Phineas and Ferb there!!

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Understandably that fans of JII don't want Phineas and Ferb in there, I don't either...however NOTHING has been announced by the company yet, and until it does you guys are getting yourselves all riled up over what could be AMAZING!

I'm no apologist at all, and permit me to go out on a limb but if they are bringing in Tony Baxter and some of the ideas that Imagineers have had the ability to work with in the past decade or so, this could be amazing, I'm hoping for a Mystic Manor or Pooh's Hunny Hunt type ride that does this pavilion justice.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by redrhino54 View Post
    They don't need to. Disney is doing enough damage to themselves as is.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast