Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 65
  1. #31

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center
    Posts
    241

    Re: Imagination Pavillion Rumored to Close

    Well I'm hoping it is amazing and hope it has Dreamfinder & Figment. However if its not then I'm gonna be pissed off is all I'm saying!

  2. #32

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center
    Posts
    241

    Re: Imagination Pavillion Rumored to Close

    All I can hope is that they'll bring back the old version with Dreamfinder & Figment. That's the one everyone's been wanting back ever since Journey Into Your Imagination opened! I mean seriously?! How long have people been wanting the old one back? Like 13 years??? Sure seems like it!

  3. #33

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    1,485

    Re: Imagination Pavillion Rumored to Close

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamfinderFigment View Post
    Well I'm hoping it is amazing and hope it has Dreamfinder & Figment. However if its not then I'm gonna be pissed off is all I'm saying!
    are you really saying if they bring in a great attraction and refurb the pavilion to its former glory and that plan does not include figment/the original ride you are really going to be mad?.... come on lets all calm down, gain some perspective, and see what happens.

  4. #34

    •   
    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,642

    Re: Imagination Pavillion Rumored to Close

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamfinderFigment View Post
    All I can hope is that they'll bring back the old version with Dreamfinder & Figment. That's the one everyone's been wanting back ever since Journey Into Your Imagination opened! I mean seriously?! How long have people been wanting the old one back? Like 13 years??? Sure seems like it!
    I don't want the old one back. Most of us don't. We simply want something better. Something worthy of closing the old one to get something new and better. We haven't gotten that, so that's why there is so much anger in the fan community.

    You should open your eyes to more possibilities. There are many amazing concepts out there besides going back to what once was.

    Besides, the original attraction never worked properly anyway. The ride system was flawed. Even Tony Baxter admitted that.
    -Bill

  5. #35

    •   
    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,642

    Re: Imagination Pavillion Rumored to Close

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    I'm wondering if it is even possible to demolish and rebuild in one year.
    Ever heard of Transformers?

    Short answer: Yes, it's possible. As long as you're not Disney.
    -Bill

  6. #36

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center
    Posts
    241

    Re: Imagination Pavillion Rumored to Close

    Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    are you really saying if they bring in a great attraction and refurb the pavilion to its former glory and that plan does not include figment/the original ride you are really going to be mad?.... come on lets all calm down, gain some perspective, and see what happens.
    Yes, I will be mad if they do that. I want something with Dreamfinder & Figment. Not Phineas and Ferb or The Muppets. To me it just doesn't work or fit.

  7. #37

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center
    Posts
    241

    Re: Imagination Pavillion Rumored to Close

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I don't want the old one back. Most of us don't. We simply want something better. Something worthy of closing the old one to get something new and better. We haven't gotten that, so that's why there is so much anger in the fan community.

    You should open your eyes to more possibilities. There are many amazing concepts out there besides going back to what once was.

    Besides, the original attraction never worked properly anyway. The ride system was flawed. Even Tony Baxter admitted that.
    Well, that's why new technology exists! To fix the problems. Modern technology can fix the problems they had in the past. I mean the ride doesn't have to be the exact original but it needs to involve Dreamfinder & Figment and at least have the same theme. Also actually "most" people actually do want the original back. If u look on videos of Journey Into Imagination With Figment. I see people always comment on how they miss the original version and had so many fond memories of it as children and wish they could have their kids ride it. If you don't believe me, look it up. Also getting rid of the Figment character is not the solution either. Figment needs to stay at Epcot. Dr. Nigel Channing in my opinion, he can go for all I care. I mean when Journey Into Your Imagination opened, everyone said to bring back the Figment ride and were upset. Unfortunately what Disney did was just add Figment to the new ride instead of giving us what we wanted. That's why people are upset. I mean I'm sorry if I annoy some of you. But it's true and I hate the idea of Dreamfinder & Figment falling into obscurity. They are truly great characters and I'd love to see either a whole new ride involving them that's even better then the original or the original ride using "modern" technology, not "old" technology that had the issues u were talking about.
    Last edited by DreamfinderFigment; 07-28-2013 at 06:24 AM.

  8. #38

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center
    Posts
    241

    Re: Imagination Pavillion Rumored to Close

    Also, if u look up I miss Dreamfinder & Figment you will see tons of posts of people who agree that they miss the original ride, original ImageWorks, and the Dreamfinder & Figment characters. I'm not making up anything here. It's all true guys.

  9. #39

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    244

    Re: Imagination Pavillion Rumored to Close

    Yes, I'm sure there a lot of people who miss all the original characters, the original ride, and want to bring ImageWorks. I think it would be amazing to see it for myself finally since I never got the chance to.

    However, to me, there is no reason to get pissed off and upset when no one even knows about the future of the pavillion. It's all speculation and rumors. Just because someone says "this might happen" or "that can happen", doesn't mean it's going to happen.

    Until you get all the facts. I suggest you take a breather and calm down. I understand being worried, but no reason to get extremely pissed off when we know absolutely nothing about the ride or pavillion's future.

  10. #40

    • Metro-Retro Historian
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brava Centauri
    Posts
    1,009

    Re: Imagination Pavillion Rumored to Close

    I'm going to reserve judgement until something official gets announced. I've been saying for a while that the random Dreamfinder sightings were a test to see if the old characters still worked (which they do) and I would hope they'd let Tony Baxter fix the thing he is best known for before he retires completely. Of course Disney has proven to be remarkably dense on a lot of things, so I'm not ruling anything out yet.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

  11. #41

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    1,485

    Re: Imagination Pavillion Rumored to Close

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamfinderFigment View Post
    Yes, I will be mad if they do that. I want something with Dreamfinder & Figment. Not Phineas and Ferb or The Muppets. To me it just doesn't work or fit.
    to me thats just extremely shortsighted. I'm not suggesting phineas and ferb or the muppets, im just saying in general if they bring about something that is a significant improvement on whats there now and it doesn't include figment or the dreamfinder then you should be happy. It's not just about what you want, its what is good for the whole, and I think the majority of people would be much happier with any new major upgrade, regardless of who stars in it. Dreamfinder and Figment are lovely characters but they dont have to be a part of a major upgrade as much as I like them.

  12. #42

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center
    Posts
    241

    Re: Imagination Pavillion Rumored to Close

    Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    to me thats just extremely shortsighted. I'm not suggesting phineas and ferb or the muppets, im just saying in general if they bring about something that is a significant improvement on whats there now and it doesn't include figment or the dreamfinder then you should be happy. It's not just about what you want, its what is good for the whole, and I think the majority of people would be much happier with any new major upgrade, regardless of who stars in it. Dreamfinder and Figment are lovely characters but they dont have to be a part of a major upgrade as much as I like them.
    Well think about It this way, it's like how they put Winnie the Pooh where The Country Bears used to be in Disneyland. The ride was better but it was in the wrong location. U know what im saying? As a 14 year old Dreamfinder & Figment fan that's been a fan of the original ride and imageworks for almost 3 years now, I say that the best thing they should do is either put a whole new Dreamfinder & Figment attraction there or bring back the original using modern day technology to fix past problems and also with how far modern technology has gone today the ride would not only perform better now but the animatronics,lighting,etc will be alot better aswell then it was in the past. Also another thing modern technology could do so much for would be to reopen the original ImageWorks except upgrade all the old technology in them with modern technology. This would be fantastic. And they could add some new activities up there such as the Compose your Own Figment activity and probably other great ideas aswell. Also even though I love Captain EO, I think it'd be great to bring an all new 4D attraction starring Dreamfinder & Figment and put it into Epcot and in Disneyland CA aswell. That's be great, this way Dreamfinder & Figment could become even more popular then ever before and many more people will be able to recognize the characters and love tthem just as much as before. Tony Baxter and many other fans of the original would be extremely proud. Even new comers would love it. There are so many possibilities using the Dreamfinder & Figment characters and ways to bring them back. This is why I don't like the idea of changing the theme of that particular area that much. It ruins that location for me.

  13. #43

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    1,485

    Re: Imagination Pavillion Rumored to Close

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamfinderFigment View Post
    Well think about It this way, it's like how they put Winnie the Pooh where The Country Bears used to be in Disneyland. The ride was better but it was in the wrong location. U know what im saying? As a 14 year old Dreamfinder & Figment fan that's been a fan of the original ride and imageworks for almost 3 years now, I say that the best thing they should do is either put a whole new Dreamfinder & Figment attraction there or bring back the original using modern day technology to fix past problems and also with how far modern technology has gone today the ride would not only perform better now but the animatronics,lighting,etc will be alot better aswell then it was in the past. Also another thing modern technology could do so much for would be to reopen the original ImageWorks except upgrade all the old technology in them with modern technology. This would be fantastic. And they could add some new activities up there such as the Compose your Own Figment activity and probably other great ideas aswell. Also even though I love Captain EO, I think it'd be great to bring an all new 4D attraction starring Dreamfinder & Figment and put it into Epcot and in Disneyland CA aswell. That's be great, this way Dreamfinder & Figment could become even more popular then ever before and many more people will be able to recognize the characters and love tthem just as much as before. Tony Baxter and many other fans of the original would be extremely proud. Even new comers would love it. There are so many possibilities using the Dreamfinder & Figment characters and ways to bring them back. This is why I don't like the idea of changing the theme of that particular area that much. It ruins that location for me.
    They could easily find a new original concept that fits the pavilion well and they could build around. I like many others will be happy with whatever they come up with as long as the concept fits the area well, and it is well done from top to bottom. If it includes dreamfinder and figment great, if it doesn't include them oh well I'm still having a good time.

  14. #44

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center
    Posts
    241

    Re: Imagination Pavillion Rumored to Close

    Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    They could easily find a new original concept that fits the pavilion well and they could build around. I like many others will be happy with whatever they come up with as long as the concept fits the area well, and it is well done from top to bottom. If it includes dreamfinder and figment great, if it doesn't include them oh well I'm still having a good time.
    What fits in the area well is Dreamfinder & Figment period. Since now that awful Honey, I Shrunk the Audience 4D show is gone thankfully (ps I hated that 3D show at Disneyland when I was a kid). However I really don't want this to turn into another Journey Into Your Imagination since that's what happened last time when they wanted something "new an improved" to fit with the Pavillion. It didn't work at all and everyone hated it! That's why I'd like it to have an attraction with Dreamfinder & Figment in the first place.

  15. #45

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center
    Posts
    241

    Re: Imagination Pavillion Rumored to Close

    Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    I have a really bad feeling they might go with the Phineas and Ferb retheme, which to me is a terrible idea. Popular as the show is with kids, it's popularity won't last very long and it's isolating the majority who aren't really interested in the show or its characters. They need something that's going to last with the guests.

    A complete redo of JII is the best way to go in my opinion. I agree with the writer of the article that while the original was the best version I would like to see them do a more updated take on that version. It's a ride about imagination, right? Perhaps they could add an interactive twist to it where you come up with how you want your ride to go (not with too much CGI of course).
    Thank you! Someone who agrees with me here that the Phineas and Ferb & Muppets ideas sucks! Also yes an updated take on the original would be awesome! I'd love that idea. But I also have another idea aswell, they could bring back the original using modern day technology for everything. For instance, the track and vehicle problems with the original could all be fixed now that we have modern technology. Animatronics,lighting,etc. would be alot more advanced and alot better, a restored soundtrack would be great, Aswell as restoration and digitizing on the films that play in the ride in some sequences, and updating the upstairs ImageWorks with modern technology. Kids and adults would absolutely love it just as much as they did or even more than they did in the past
    And then finally parents who grew up with the original can now show their kids what they grew up with or can simply ride it for nostalgic purposes. This is why I say, go with the bringing back the original using all new modern technology or bring in a whole new attraction with Dreamfinder & Figment.
    Last edited by DreamfinderFigment; 07-30-2013 at 09:37 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Video] That stuff is still there! Imagination Pavillion 2nd Story Video
    By britain in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-11-2011, 03:20 PM
  2. POTC: The Rumored Changes
    By imagineer boy in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 02-22-2005, 08:35 PM
  3. Close DCA and Re-Imagineer
    By Pirate Wench in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 02-10-2005, 03:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •