Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Re: Imagination Pavillion Rumored to Close

I personally don't care if they bring back Dreamfinder and Figment, would it be cool, yes, but not necessary.

Yeah I still think you should calm down a bit, they haven't even announced or provided concept art, until then I see NO reason to get up in arms over what may or may not happen.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Banned User

Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center

Really u guys don't care? So basically what u guys are telling me is that they could basically put another Journey Into "Your" Imagination with Phineas and Ferb or the Muppets with no Dreamfinder & Figment and u guys wouldn't care. Wow just wow. Unbelievable. I'm sorry if I'm "bashing" on someone's opinion but this angers me to see how much u guys really dont care. I mean c'mon, look at how many Dreamfinder & Figment fans there are?! Lots! U really think that they should just get rid of the Figment character completely and replace it with garbage?! Seriously guys?! I mean it's like what they did to The Country Bear Jamboree in Disneyland guys. The Pooh ride sucks compared to it and u know it. Same thing when they changed Captain EO to Honey,I Shrunk the Audience. I hated the Honey,I Shrunk the Audience film even when i saw it once as a kid. Happy they brought the Captain EO show back though. Same thing when they put that stupid New Management version of Tiki Room! That one sucked too! Happy the old one is back too! This is why they need to bring back the a modern technology version of original or something with Dreamfinder & Figment. Cause if not its gonna suck and I already told u guys proof of what happened when they "updated and modernized" these classic attractions. Another example is what they did to The Disney Channel! It's not even Disney programming anymore! It's pure garbage with badly animated cartoons and stupid high school sitcoms with a laugh track that plays every 5 seconds that nobody likes! The old Disney Channel was way better!

• Banned User

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  42.6 KB

• Heavy Breather

Yes ok, we get it. You want Dreamfinder back. I do too. But I'm not going around like a door to door Bible salesman telling people that there is only one right way to go about something.

Now granted, Phineas and Ferb, and even the Muppets don't belong in Future World. But that probably doesn't matter to the head honchos who run the place anyway so we'll probably get "Phineas and Ferbs Excellent Journey Into Imagination".

You can beg, rant, jump up and down, and say you will never go back to EPCOT if they don't bring back a rebuilt original version of Journey Into Imagination and you will sit outside on the park bench with all those people who said the same thing about Mr Toads Wild ride.

• Unhelpful User

99% of Epcot needs a refurb. Everyone goes on about Tomorrowland being dated and in serious need of an update, meanwhile the majority of Epcot is exactly like that.
    And I would say without Tomorrowland's retro charm.

Check this out here...

Swiss Family Treehouse, Tony Baxter, and closing old attractions

He changed a tree house, why not a Journey into imagination?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
    that probably doesn't matter to the head honchos who run the place anyway so we'll probably get "Phineas and Ferbs Excellent Journey Into Imagination".
    Nostalgia Critic - "No" Scene - (Shortened Version) - YouTube

• Heavy Breather

Lol, Doug is the man.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogjoe View Post
    Check this out here...

Swiss Family Treehouse, Tony Baxter, and closing old attractions

He changed a tree house, why not a Journey into imagination?
    Said it once and I'll say it again, it should just be quality no matter what they put in there as an attraction, it should be something that can soak up some of the lines of EPCOT, they really need something to try and increase the capacity of EPCOT, as other than Test Track and Soarin' it never looks like anyone really wants to do anything in that park..if we're just going by amount of people waiting for an attraction.

and while they're at it, can someone PLEASE for the love of all that EPCOT once was, can they update the Exxon Mobile pavilion aka Universe of Energy aka Ellen's Energy Adventure..seriously the last time on it they never even mentioned Hydrogen power which many say is our future..
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ORD84 View Post
    Said it once and I'll say it again, it should just be quality no matter what they put in there as an attraction, it should be something that can soak up some of the lines of EPCOT, they really need something to try and increase the capacity of EPCOT, as other than Test Track and Soarin' it never looks like anyone really wants to do anything in that park..if we're just going by amount of people waiting for an attraction.

and while they're at it, can someone PLEASE for the love of all that EPCOT once was, can they update the Exxon Mobile pavilion aka Universe of Energy aka Ellen's Energy Adventure..seriously the last time on it they never even mentioned Hydrogen power which many say is our future..
    Well there's your reason why I and many others want the original version of Imagination back. It was a great quality ride with animatronics, great effects, gorgeous scenery, and ton of stuff to see and do and The lines used to be out the door even passed the sign! See what I'm saying. Alot of people want the original back and it'd be fantastic if it'd come back using all modern technology either at Epcot where it originally was or maybe even Disneyland or California Adventure. I mean they brought back the old Tiki Room and Captain EO, why not Imagination? I mean it's a classic like for example, It's a Small World or Pirates of the Caribbean. I mean think about it, the whole theme of the parks are making memories. Well what if you wanted your children,etc. to experience that same memory and it wasn't there anymore. You'd be disappointed right? Cause most parents want to pass down that same experience from generation to generation. I've heard many stories that the original Imagination attraction was so great that guests would group it with The Haunted Mansion,Pirates of the Caribbean, Etc. for best attractions at Disney World. So I don't see why not. I mean I don't think a Phineas & Ferb or Muppets attraction is a bad idea for the people that like the shows but it doesn't fit with Epcot or the Imagination Pavilion. Sounds more like something that should be in Hollywood Studios or California Adventure. U get what Im saying. Also, with Tarzan, it didn't change too much, I mean it's still a tree house just modernized. While on the other hand a ride about a trip through your Imagination with a friendly host and his Figment of imagination, Figment the dragon, changing into a ride about two boys that try and create wacky inventions (kind of reminds me of Newton Gimmick when he creates his wacky inventions in The Adventures of Teddy Ruxpin) with a Platypus trying to stop an evil mad dr. Just doesn't fit at all.
    Last edited by DreamfinderFigment; 08-01-2013 at 02:10 PM.

• The Steampunk Dread Baron

I see all this seething over just possibilities... allow me to suggest a hypothetical compromise. Replacing Captain Eo/Honey I Shrunk The Audience would be a 3d film featuring Phineas and Ferb and an invention that allows them to explore their friend's imaginations ending with a cameo of Dreamfinder and Figment appearing in a doorway that has part of the ride visible behind them and having them looking confused, while for the ride and image works you make a whole new Journey into Imagination with Dreamfinder and Figment with all new technology and as a one off gag show the other side of them looking through the door of lets say "Swampy" Marsh's imagination.
    The fountain of youth really is in Florida... thats why they built Walt Disney World where they did.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DreamfinderFigment View Post
    Another example is what they did to The Disney Channel! It's not even Disney programming anymore! It's pure garbage with badly animated cartoons and stupid high school sitcoms with a laugh track that plays every 5 seconds that nobody likes! The old Disney Channel was way better!
    Agree ^. I miss the old Disney Channel when there was actually quality programing (at least from my point of view). Have they even done anything original recently?

I think Tony Baxter said on the podcast that Figment is sort of Epcot's mascot and they had to put him back into Journey Into Imagination because they weren't selling merchandise anymore. They kinda underestimate Figment and Dreamfinder's appeal.

The thing is that yes I rode the original I enjoyed the original tremendously. I ride the current one and no I don't enjoy it as much. However, if they put something of substance there that was worth riding, something worthy of replacing the original like they should have put there initially and it doesn't involve figment would I be upset? Not as much as you would clearly. Thing is we HAVEN'T had any confirmation from Disney on what's going there, so why immediately state that you're going to be "pissed off if it doesn't involve Figment" when thing could easily blowback into your face and you get so much Figment that the ride would be overbearing ala Jack Sparrow in Pirates.

I'd much rather that something of substance and lasting quality goes into the pavilion than having a character that I'd like to see again from a ride from my youth. Hate to say it but I think my children would much rather enjoy a quality ride than having one character that their dad gets excited for because he saw it in his youth.

And I think country bears, tiki room, and the other classic attractions Walt worked on bear more of heart tug when they change something because SO many generations have enjoyed them when they went on vacation for DECADES before imagination and figment were even in the minds of imagineers.

Just my 2 cents

• Minion

People who tell other people to calm down on the Internet should all just calm down. Everybody except me, that is. Nobody is as calm as I. Except maybe James Taylor. Is that guy even awake? (I had to go do a quick google to make sure he's still alive, otherwise that wouldn't have been funny at all. But I still wouldn't have gotten uncalm about it, because nobody ever has to tell me to calm down.)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast