Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• From the Garums

Imagination Pavillion Rumored to Close

According the Epcot Explorer's Encyclopedia, on January 2nd, the entire Imagination pavillion is scheduled to be closed for at least a year for renovations. This could mean demolition of the building with a possible new pavillion, refurbishment of existing rides, or an overhaul of the entire Imagination Idea.

Personally, I'm tentatively happy about this news. Eo is a living fossil, which is interesting to see again, but doesn't need to be there. ImageWorks is a shell of its former self, and is mostly now a laser-cutting store. JIIWF is a tragedy as well. Maybe DreamFinder comes back, maybe we get a new pavillion. I feel like we won't end up with another husk pavillion like Wonders of Life, though, seeing as George Kalogridis (the current head of WDW) has only been in office for a half a year. It looks like a failure on your part to close something without reopening a new attraction, and he can't be seen failing this early on in his tenure. I've heard it said that WDW parks are noticeably cleaner now than they were under previous president Meg Crofton. Sooooo let's keep our fingers crossed!

• From the Garums

Re: Imagination Pavillion Rumored to Close

Hi I found another article about this here.

Also, I wonder if the lack of corporate sponsors will have buried the pavillion for good. Hadn't considered that. Then again, it's all speculation, and I'm neither an expert nor an insider

• Bangarang!

I'm sort of one the fence. On the one side I'm all for getting something new, especially if its replacing Eo and the shadow-of-its-former-self Imagination attraction, but on the flip side I don't think they should demolish the pavilion building itself. One of the many iconic parts of Future World, they'd be hard pressed to replace it with anything better.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

I'm wondering if it is even possible to demolish and rebuild in one year.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by RexSaucy View Post
    Hi I found another article about this here.

Also, I wonder if the lack of corporate sponsors will have buried the pavillion for good. Hadn't considered that. Then again, it's all speculation, and I'm neither an expert nor an insider
    I have a really bad feeling they might go with the Phineas and Ferb retheme, which to me is a terrible idea. Popular as the show is with kids, it's popularity won't last very long and it's isolating the majority who aren't really interested in the show or its characters. They need something that's going to last with the guests.

A complete redo of JII is the best way to go in my opinion. I agree with the writer of the article that while the original was the best version I would like to see them do a more updated take on that version. It's a ride about imagination, right? Perhaps they could add an interactive twist to it where you come up with how you want your ride to go (not with too much CGI of course).
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

I'd love to see a real update of the imagination pavillion. A revamped ride with Dreamfinder and Figment would be great and ideally would use Hunny hunt / mystic manor technology to show us what we can achieve with one little spark. An updated 3d movie - based on an IP looks likely IMO and would be OK so long as the main ride is left franchise free. Image works should move back upstairs and WDI should look seriously at Pixar and Apple for some next generation play ideas.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

On one hand I view this as a good thing possibly revitalizing that pavilion on the other hand if they just tear it down and redo it using current characters and cheapen Future world as a whole it makes me very sad as that is a step in the wrong direction IMO..
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Minion

Rumor from Intercot is that Tony Baxter's being allowed to consult on the project.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• formerly very helpful

With my luck, they'll return the ride to its former "glory" with an exact duplicate of the second version.

• Not here to help

Great news! Anything new is better than what there is now.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Minion

ORGOCH: Got that Right, Timmy, Ducklin'! The ride that's in that buildin', now, ain't worth the splinters a witch gits on her heiny from flyin' a broomstick all the way from Morva ta Epcot!!!

• Bangarang!

Quote Originally Posted by robbiem View Post
    I'd love to see a real update of the imagination pavillion. A revamped ride with Dreamfinder and Figment would be great and ideally would use Hunny hunt / mystic manor technology to show us what we can achieve with one little spark. An updated 3d movie - based on an IP looks likely IMO and would be OK so long as the main ride is left franchise free. Image works should move back upstairs and WDI should look seriously at Pixar and Apple for some next generation play ideas.
    Excellent idea!

That trackless system would be perfect, and Mystic Manor is a great example of how we could view each aspect of Imagination - just like the original attraction but brought into the (dare I say it?) 21st Century. (Yup.. pun intended!)

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Banned User

Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center

IT BETTER NOT BE PHINEAS AND FERB CAUSE I HATE THAT SHOW!!! BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL JOURNEY INTO IMAGINATION WITH MODERN TECHNOLOGY!!! DAMN IT!!! I went on the current ride in person yesterday and it was ok... But I'd much prefer the old one with Dreamfinder & Figment!!! My whole family agrees with me!!'

• Banned User

This news is older than the hills our friend WDW1974 leaked this out several weeks ago on WDWmagic

• Banned User

Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center

This pisses me off!!! I hate this idea completely

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast