• #bringevilback

Be Our Guest Reservation?

I'm planning my WDW vacation for 2/2-2/6 and was hoping to get reservations for dinner at BoG, but I just checked and there are no reservations available for 2/2, which is exactly 180 days out from today, but it is showing none available. It's not a busy time, but do you think they are already all gone? Do I need to go on at exactly midnight to get a res, or is it possible they haven't released them yet?

• DMTNT

Re: Be Our Guest Reservation?

I am going to WDW next week and have been checking for months for a reservation for BoG and haven't had any luck. I am wondering if they don't open many spots for it.

• #bringevilback

Would I have better luck calling? Or do they just have access to the same res system we do?

Keep checking. I agree that it would be a good idea to call.

I wouldn't be surprised if they tell you it did infact get booked. It's quite a popular restaurant right now. I was pretty much in the same boat a few months ago, but I never called. Good luck!
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• #bringevilback

I guess I'm getting my alarm for 3:55am so I can get in first thing when they open the dinning line at 7am est! I guess it will be worth it when I get to dine there in 180 days!

Let us know how it goes!
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

The restaurant isn't all that great if you don't get it... It's not the decor that isn't great, but the menu and the service. Not to mention the teeny tiny restrooms. I can't recommend it and live with myself.
    -Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    The restaurant isn't all that great if you don't get it... It's not the decor that isn't great, but the menu and the service. Not to mention the teeny tiny restrooms. I can't recommend it and live with myself.
    Oh, bull....its a great experience, great food, and the service was extraordinary. It is, what you make of it..........BTW....exactly how much room DO you need to relieve yourself ?.....lol
    Last edited by redrhino54; 08-07-2013 at 07:06 AM.

• #bringevilback

It's not the food that I'm going for, to be honest, and if I can't get a res, we'll jut go for lunch. I didn't get to bed until after midnight so I didn't set my alarm today but calling in they didn't have any. She did say that they get a lot of calls first thing each morning for it. She also said if you have a room reservation you get 10 days ahead, so I'll be booking my room right now!

• #bringevilback

I booked my room, and with that extra window we were able to get a reservation for 2 at 4pm., their only availability! I wish I had known about the 10 extra days...I would have books my hotel sooner so I could maximize reservation time for the entire trip, not just the second half since I'm 180 days into the middle of my trip.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by redrhino54 View Post
    Oh, bull....its a great experience, great food, and the service was extraordinary. It is, what you make of it..........BTW....exactly how much room DO you need to relieve yourself ?.....lol
    Service is NOT extraordinary. I had to fight to get bread at dinner because I wasn't ordering an entree. Something very wrong with that.

The French Onion soup doesn't even use a beef broth and takes very lackluster. This is on purpose by Disney, as it is their "Vegetarian Selection." The other Potato Leek soup however, is excellent.

They've switched to a cheaper form of steak for the steak entree. The pork is much better.

They're overcharging for the portion sizes... and not just a little. They're already seen two price increases this year.

And the restrooms? I'm not talking about physical space in the stalls. I'm talking about the fact that they were built too small for a restaurant this size. It's insane to have 4 stalls in a restroom for a restaurant that has as many people as Be our Guest does.

Not to mention some genius person decided to use low flow toilets that don't flush the entire bowl... so remnants what the previous user of the toilet did is usually there for you to "experience." And it never goes away, as many times as you flush.

The restroom situation has gotten so bad, they are giving out return tickets to return to the restaurant so you can leave and go use the ones all the way over behind Gaston's.

Whomever approved the design of those restrooms in Be Our Guest should be fired.
    -Bill

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    I booked my room, and with that extra window we were able to get a reservation for 2 at 4pm., their only availability! I wish I had known about the 10 extra days...I would have books my hotel sooner so I could maximize reservation time for the entire trip, not just the second half since I'm 180 days into the middle of my trip.
    I'm glad you got it. However, it sounds like that type of fighting to get a reservation is far from a magical reservations experience. And just imagine, that same type of fighting is about to start for all Fastpasses too!
    -Bill

• DMTNT

Glad to hear you got in. I'll just keep checking multiple times a day for a cancellation. If that doesnt' work, we'll probably just do lunch there.

Don't forget to try the grey stuff. I hear it's delicious.

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by dsnyfn View Post
    Glad to hear you got in. I'll just keep checking multiple times a day for a cancellation. If that doesnt' work, we'll probably just do lunch there.

Don't forget to try the grey stuff. I hear it's delicious.
    That was my back up plan but I'm glad to have gotten dinner reservations! We may still venture over for lunch, depending on how things work out. Now I need to figure out which park to do which day so I can make the rest of the reservations! It's all so overwhelming, coming from my simple, two, easy to hop parks here in Anaheim!