• Gumball Rally Godfather

Micechat's very own Circarama is coming to WDW!!

Hey all,
    I NEVER get to this board because I'm a left coast guy. Anywho, my wife and I are coming to WDW from Tuesday March 28th until Wednesday April 5th.
    I haven't been in about 10 years, and quite frankly, we don't know what we MUST do when we're there. Any help with attractions, tours, shows, restaurants, special seatings, tour books, etc. would be really, really appreciated. Thanks in advance for all of your helpful advice!
    Kinda weird, I feel like a tourist...
    Last edited by Circarama; 01-25-2006 at 08:09 PM.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Banned User

Re: Micechat's very own Circarama is coming to WDW!!

totally cool! I bet there will be a few peole who would love to meet you! Have a wonderful time!!

• Clearing my Calendar

The first two things I can think of off the immediate top of my head are Fantasmic and POTC.

If I remember correctly, there's some sort of package (dinner and show) at MGM that gets you special seating at Fantasmic but I'm not sure (since '01). You really don't need special seating though because, unlike DLR, there's a separate area for the show. It's super nice and I'll admit that it spoiled me from ever seeing the show at DLR (where are the seats??? hehe).

Pirates because it's such a different experience from New Orleans Square, it's a must see.

There's a ride at MGM called The Great Movie Ride that is really awesome! Definitely a must! So is Rockin' Roller Coaster (Kind of like Screamin' only indoors, great theme too).

DAK, get there before park opening and wait at the turnstiles with the rest of Orlando. They open the gates a little before the actual park opening. Hang out at the rope and then when able, race all of mankind to get to Kilamanjaro Safaris. Totally worth the stampede to see it in the early morning light. Afterward head over to the Tree of Life and take a relaxing walk down the paths. There's all sorts of animals "carved" into the tree. It's fun and really relaxing to look for them all, especially since it's still early morning. At the end you get to see It's Tough to be a Bug.

DAK is really fun but it's all really up to you at this point. They've added a lot since I've been in '01. Other sources would be better for the newer stuff.

What I love to do at the end of the day is hop the monorail to Epcot and dine there. All of the restaurants are really good and it's really special to be in the park at night. My favorite is the Nine Dragons in China. They carve their Peking Duck tableside, very memorable!

MK has also added a lot since I've been so other than my suggestions, it's up you and the other sources. LOL

I hope you have a lot of fun! I'm really itching to go to either location but I just can't afford it at the current time. Take lots of pictures!
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Disney Memory Maker

Two words... EXPEDITION EVEREST! Other than that....do.....everything.

My two best pieces of advice...
    1) Go in with an open mind.
    2) Check out AllEarsNet. Deb has the best site for WDW information.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• The one, the only...

I too am from California, but love WDW too.

I advise to make sure that you have booked your restaurants NOW. Unfortunately, there really is no room for spontaneity at WDW. I think that the dining experiences are one of the best parts of WDW.

May I suggest:

BOMA-- Great experience and a five star restaurant!

OHANA'-- Wonderful Hawaiian experience!

Restaurant Marrakesh-- I loved my Moroccan dinner!

Le Cellier-- Wonderful food! A great, hidden treasure at Epcot!

For MK, I love Crystal Palace for lunch. Great food! For dinner though, I like to leave the park to one of the resorts. California Grill, 1900 Park Fare, Chef Mickey's or Whispering Canyon all offer wonderful experiences depending on your budget.

Disney-MGM has great themed experiences. '50's Prime Time Cafe is a fun experience. Sci Fi Dine In is also fun. The best food is at Hollywood and Vine Buffet but not much experience goes with it.

You will have a great trip! I loved mine this last December!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Thanks for the great tips.
    One thing I need help on is a hotel somewhere between WDW and Universal Studios. I am trying to keep the room under $100 a night. If anybody knows of some good values between those 2 destinations I would really appreciate it.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037