Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 36 of 36
  1. #31

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    1,415

    Re: Maint. issues and cosmetic changes on MK Classics

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    How does all this tie back into maintenance? Well, NextGen is going to be used to gather a heck of a lot of data... in fact, enough data to use to decide maintenance budgets for the parks. And that is what makes me REALLY worried.
    Ugh, I can already hear it..."Well, the CoP only sees 1500 guests per day so we'll give it $1500 per year for paint, animation and sound maintenance."
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

  2. #32

    •   
    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,642

    Re: Maint. issues and cosmetic changes on MK Classics

    Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan View Post
    Ugh, I can already hear it..."Well, the CoP only sees 1500 guests per day so we'll give it $1500 per year for paint, animation and sound maintenance."
    Actually, that is what they do right now.

    NextGen could potentially decide if you actually wanted to ride the carousel of progress, or if you're just there because you couldn't get FP+ Reservations for anything else, or if you're just there because it's got AC... THAT is what worries me.
    -Bill

  3. #33

    • 1,200 Miles from da Mouse
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    923

    Re: Maint. issues and cosmetic changes on MK Classics

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Actually, that is what they do right now.

    NextGen could potentially decide if you actually wanted to ride the carousel of progress, or if you're just there because you couldn't get FP+ Reservations for anything else, or if you're just there because it's got AC... THAT is what worries me.
    That I think is one of the scariest possibilities of this tech, that they can REALLY accurately within a 95% certainty predict behaviorial analysis. The fact that they are planning on utilizing this to strip and scrimp and save on budgets is even worse.

    Thank you for explaining certain things on here, I realize you can't go too far into detail without burning your bridges so to speak, but can you say how much capacity is down at the MK and other parks thanks to bugdet downsizing or in general just removing and not replacing attractions??

    The fact that we've gotten to this point in time in general saddens me, everything seems like it is being penny pinched and scrooged to the point where they may actually permanently damage one of the great treasures of entertainment this country has to offer. I don't know how much longer we have to continue down this path before this gets corrected, or if are we approaching a breaking point where the average tourist says to heck with Disney World??
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton


  4. #34

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    1,415

    Re: Maint. issues and cosmetic changes on MK Classics

    So with this in mind, does this mean I need to reserve every attraction with FP+ before leaving for vacation to ensure Disney knows that I really want to ride it, and not just default to it when others are too busy?
    Perhaps that's why all the old rides have magic band scanners installed.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

  5. #35

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,594

    Re: Maint. issues and cosmetic changes on MK Classics

    Quote Originally Posted by JCSkipr79 View Post
    Man, I think MK is in the Pressler/Cynthia era on steroids.

    First Small World was having major audio problems. There was NO audio in the loading area except for the when the clock struck which made for a very creepy, boarding, unhappy boarding experience. Imagine going through the SW Façade and NOT hearing the iconic music. YEA. And the Finale room underscore (the big brass 60s music) was out ......AGAIN. So all that was playing was the childrens voices and adult chorus with NO backup instruments. CREEPY. Plus major dolls like the Goose Girl, Yodeler were missing and half the Brazilian children on that carousel mechanism.

    Pirates. OMG. I cannot believe no one has mentioned that the Yoho instrumental in the Grotto Scene has been replaced by that mermaid song in Pirates 4!!! A piece of CLASSIC Disney music replaced by a piece that has NOTHING to do with said attraction. INSULTING. The Auctioneer looked awful. No torso movement, shut eyes, mouth not moving, just hands moving. AWFUL. And the Yoho singing pirates has some work done. The mandolin playing pirate now looks like he's pulling off a lame Jack Sparrow rip off look, the pudgy pirate now has an eyepatch and dingier clothing.

    MSEP. WOW. They are REALLY running this into the ground. They let the 11pm parade go out with Snow White and ONE Dwarf, NO Diamond Mine, NO Hook or Smee in boat. Smee was on Hooks ship and Pan was fighting.....HIMSELF! to match the blades clasing audio! LAME. 2nd hald of P.I. unit was missing.

    This park has TRULY become the Disney park version of Norma Desmond in the 3rd act of Sunset Blvd.
    Seriously these complaints are fairly mild compared to what is accepted on a daily basis at Disneyland Paris. The worst kept Disney Park in the World. With Management to match.

  6. #36

    •   
    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,642

    Re: Maint. issues and cosmetic changes on MK Classics

    Quote Originally Posted by ORD84 View Post
    Thank you for explaining certain things on here, I realize you can't go too far into detail without burning your bridges so to speak, but can you say how much capacity is down at the MK and other parks thanks to bugdet downsizing or in general just removing and not replacing attractions??
    MK capacity... well, the park capacity suffered a huge loss with the installation of FastPass in general. Once you use FastPass everywhere, it is my belief that it will once again go down... I think Disney knows this too, hence the new limit to only 3 or 4 FPs a day in only 1 park.

    (The science behind FastPass is pretty simple, but if you're not stuck waiting in line, you're crowing the walkways and shops and restaurants in the park)

    Quote Originally Posted by ORD84 View Post
    The fact that we've gotten to this point in time in general saddens me, everything seems like it is being penny pinched and scrooged to the point where they may actually permanently damage one of the great treasures of entertainment this country has to offer. I don't know how much longer we have to continue down this path before this gets corrected, or if are we approaching a breaking point where the average tourist says to heck with Disney World??
    Time will only tell.
    -Bill

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Issues and Bad Habits
    By iitsxme in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 04-01-2008, 01:41 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-21-2007, 11:16 PM
  3. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-08-2007, 01:42 PM
  4. 10/02/06 - Cosmetic Changes in VMK
    By BigPigletFan in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-07-2006, 08:21 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •