• #bringevilback

Help me plan my Feb 2014 trip!

So I'll be getting in on a red eye at 5am Sunday, 2/2 and leaving Thursday 2/6 at 6pm, so 4 and a half days in the parks. I have an AP, so I can hop, but I hear it can be quite time consuming. We are staying on site, probably at a value resort (I booked Art of Animation already so I could get a jump start on dining reservations but will probably change it when it's closer and there are some AP or other discounts available).

Right now I'd like to figure out how much time I'll need in each park and which I should do I which day so I can make the rest of the dining reservations. The only set thing is BOG on Wednesday at 4. I have never been to WDW but am a frequent DLR visitor. I solve to hear tips and suggestions on hotels, restaurants, rides, shows, time in the parks, etc. I'm waiting for the park hours to be released so i can better plan too! Oh, I do want to get out to Universal for Harry Potter...can I do that in half a day? Do I need to rent a car for that or are there shuttles or busses?

thanks so much!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Re: Help me plan my Feb 2014 trip!

Universal takes 2 days if you want to see everything... unless you get a 1 day park-to-park ticket, in which you can squeeze everything in if you buy express access for the two parks along with it.

Animal Kingdom takes half a day.
    Hollywood Studios takes half a day.
    Epcot is really 2 days.
    Magic Kingdom is 1 day because there will be some things as a Disneyland visitor that you can skip.
    -Bill

• formerly very helpful

Honestly, with only 4 days, you won't even be able to see all of Walt Disney World. I wouldn't even bother with Universal.
    I'd say at least 2 days each for Epcot and Magic Kingdom. Another day each for Studios and Animal Kingdom. By the way, I'm a frequent Disneyland visitor, but I still feel you need that time to see Magic Kingdom. It's not a carbon copy of Disneyland. Even the attractions they share are different from each other.

• #bringevilback

I do want to see MK even being a Disneyland vet as it will be fun to see the differences.

For Universal I know I won't have time to do everything and was thinking I would just do Hary Pooter, not even all of IOA, so would half a day be enough for that? I know I won't have enough time to explore all the details there or even at WDW but I do hope to return eventually so I am okay with not seeing everything...I just want to see as much as possible!