Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Omg yes!!'

• Broadcaster

Re: Omg yes!!'

We are going to be discussing this topic live tonight on the premiere of ADR: A Disney Roundtable on the official radio station of MiceChat, V24 Radio, at 9pm Eastern. Tweet with us as we'll be reading some of these posts!
    V24 Radio: The Official Radio Station of MiceChat!
    Now streaming at V24Radio.com - All Disney Parks All The Time!
    Also: Listen commercial-free all day on TuneIn Radio! Just search for "V24 Radio"!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Here is a great interview with Tony Baxter
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Banned User

Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center

Quote Originally Posted by V24Radio View Post
    We are going to be discussing this topic live tonight on the premiere of ADR: A Disney Roundtable on the official radio station of MiceChat, V24 Radio, at 9pm Eastern. Tweet with us as we'll be reading some of these posts!
    Yes! Good!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
    It was a joke buddy. A joke about how when anything out of the ordinary occurs people always assume HL3 confirmed.

But the story about your grandpa touched this Sith Lords heart. It's so nice that even though he was in so much pain, he recognized you and Figment. If you wanted to go full on Dreamfinder, you should dress like him for Halloween or one of the Disney Halloween parties.
    I've been thinking of doing that actually. Lol.

• Banned User

I know that Disneyland out here in CA where I am they have this thing called Mickey's Not-So Scary Halloween Party so ya. I might do that

• Banned User

Has anyone seen this clip before?? Dang the voice of Figment they chose for this is laughably bad! Lol : Figment's Screen Test - YouTube

• Banned User

Btw, just thought I'd add, me and my family found this quite funny, but when we were on the current version of Journey Into Imagination. In the sound lab, Figment's mouth didn't move when he talked so he looked like a ventriloquist lol. We all started laughing when we came to that scene cause of how goofy it looked. Lol. Oh and the smell lab. My reaction was priceless since the scent thing blew right into my nose! It smelled terrible! I actually caught my reaction on camera when I was taking a video of the ride. Lol maybe sometime I'll have to post a video of my ride through in the current attraction sometime lol.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by DreamfinderFigment View Post
    Btw, just thought I'd add, me and my family found this quite funny, but when we were on the current version of Journey Into Imagination. In the sound lab, Figment's mouth didn't move when he talked so he looked like a ventriloquist lol. We all started laughing when we came to that scene cause of how goofy it looked. Lol. Oh and the smell lab. My reaction was priceless since the scent thing blew right into my nose! It smelled terrible! I actually caught my reaction on camera when I was taking a video of the ride. Lol maybe sometime I'll have to post a video of my ride through in the current attraction sometime lol.
    Oh that broken Animatronic should have made you nostalgic for the old version!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    Oh that broken Animatronic should have made you nostalgic for the old version!
    Well when me and my little sister saw the door that said "Dean Finder" (obviously referencing Dreamfinder), when we saw the old science room video clip in Figment's open house,and when we saw the end it made us all wish the original one was still there. But I mean atleast it had Figment. Without Figment we wouldn'tve enjoyed it. I like that Figment annoys Nigel Channing throughout the whole thing cause we hate Dr. Nigel Channing lol. We think he sounds very monotone and annoying

• Banned User

Also I did love the music in the new ride. It was really good. It's by George Wilkins. The guy who composed the music for the Teddy Ruxpin cartoon and books and tapes (one of my other favorite series) and the music for Roger Rabbit's car toon spin (my other favorite Disney ride of all time. which made me happy.

• Banned User

Also the old ImageWorks made my little sis and I want to sneak up there so bad but we knew it'd be the wrong thing to do so didn't but boy did my little sister want to walk through the rainbow corridor. And I wanted to see what was left of everything up there since I'm such a fan of the original. Oh well, too bad

There is a video someone made on youtube of what's left. Nothing much. And your rainbow corridor is turned off.

• Banned User

So what. It's still be awesome to see what was up there. Oh well. Will have to check out the video when I can.

• Super Old Guy

Quote Originally Posted by DreamfinderFigment View Post
    I mean the original was a masterpiece. A Walt Disney World classic. All guests loved it. It was one of the most popular Disney attractions at the time....
    I think your love of the original attraction is clouding your memory. While that version was by far the best of the 3, it was really a strange attraction, and it was in no way one of the most popular attractions at the time. I've been visiting Epcot since the week it opened, and every time I was there it was almost always a walk-on with ZERO wait. I wasn't that fond of it, so it's not possible to say that ALL guests loved it.

And as to the possibility of it coming back, why would Disney go backward and spend 10s of millions of dollars on something that they shut down because it was wildly UN-popular? Yeah, they re-did Captain EO and the Tiki Room, with very minimal expense. It's not like putting in a full blown AA attraction from scratch.

Perhaps Dreamfinder and Figment can go into a new attraction, but they're not gonna rebuild the old one ever. Sorry.

What a great thought. If Disney does it, maybe I'll lose a few of the 10 years of resentment and bitterness I've built up since Disney started its massive creative decline (accompanied by massive profit growth).

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast