Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 115

Thread: Omg yes!!'

  1. #61

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    1,743

    Re: Omg yes!!'

    Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    I think your love of the original attraction is clouding your memory. While that version was by far the best of the 3, it was really a strange attraction, and it was in no way one of the most popular attractions at the time. I've been visiting Epcot since the week it opened, and every time I was there it was almost always a walk-on with ZERO wait. I wasn't that fond of it, so it's not possible to say that ALL guests loved it.

    And as to the possibility of it coming back, why would Disney go backward and spend 10s of millions of dollars on something that they shut down because it was wildly UN-popular? Yeah, they re-did Captain EO and the Tiki Room, with very minimal expense. It's not like putting in a full blown AA attraction from scratch.

    Perhaps Dreamfinder and Figment can go into a new attraction, but they're not gonna rebuild the old one ever. Sorry.
    thanks dan for stating what the more realistic of us have been thinking in a well thought out to the point post.

  2. #62

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center
    Posts
    241

    Re: Omg yes!!'

    Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    I think your love of the original attraction is clouding your memory. While that version was by far the best of the 3, it was really a strange attraction, and it was in no way one of the most popular attractions at the time. I've been visiting Epcot since the week it opened, and every time I was there it was almost always a walk-on with ZERO wait. I wasn't that fond of it, so it's not possible to say that ALL guests loved it.

    And as to the possibility of it coming back, why would Disney go backward and spend 10s of millions of dollars on something that they shut down because it was wildly UN-popular? Yeah, they re-did Captain EO and the Tiki Room, with very minimal expense. It's not like putting in a full blown AA attraction from scratch.

    Perhaps Dreamfinder and Figment can go into a new attraction, but they're not gonna rebuild the old one ever. Sorry.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  133.1 KB
    Well then if it was so "unpopular" and a non line wait. Why the heck did the lines look like this huh? Sure as heck doesn't look unpopular to me. Maybe the current one is a non line wait but not the original version. The line looks huge to me

  3. #63

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center
    Posts
    241

    Re: Omg yes!!'

    Oh ya and did u hear the crowd cheering all loudly for the original Journey Into Imagination & Dreamfinder & Figment at d23? Hmm unpopular eh? Ya right.

  4. #64

    • The Steampunk Dread Baron
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    301

    Re: Omg yes!!'

    I just have to say this... I think it is odd that so many people want to go backwards instead of trusting the imagination of the imagineers in the imagination pavilion.
    The fountain of youth really is in Florida... thats why they built Walt Disney World where they did.

  5. #65

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center
    Posts
    241

    Re: Omg yes!!'

    Quote Originally Posted by seafaring_ghost View Post
    I just have to say this... I think it is odd that so many people want to go backwards instead of trusting the imagination of the imagineers in the imagination pavilion.
    Well look what happened, Journey Into Your Imagination. That ride sucked. Journey Into Imagination With Figment. That one was ok but not as good as the old one. We want them to go backwards for this ride so present and future generations can see it in person such as myself. I'm really pissed that I wont ever & didn't get to see the old one in person. Instead I had to see the one with Nigel Channing and his boring open house. That's why I want them to go backwards for once. For this one ride. It's a classic and I think kids & parents of the present day and future would love it aswell. That's why I say bring back the old ride with modern technology. But no, instead I have to see crap go in it's place. No that's not what Us Figment fans want at all!

  6. #66

    • Artistic integrity
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    3,519

    Re: Omg yes!!'

    I have the good fortune of having gone on the original version in my two and only visits to WDW in '92 and '95. And I don't have to have "nightmares" of it's last two versions, as I have yet to ever return to the swampy state.

    Anyway .... I haven't been following the latest rumors that well, but what I've been gathering is this rumor of Disney Channel's Phineas and Ferb as the "center piece" of a new Journey Into Imagination.

    I caught one page on this - Journey into Imagination 2014 Refurbishment? - Disney Tourist Blog

    What's really to happen is anyone's guess - But pencil me in, for someone who wants to see some "imagination" restored in the halls of WDI .. and do something that has a level of the same craftsmanship and artistic vision as the original.

    I have no idea who these cartoon characters are. The day Disney Channel stopped showing content for ages above 17 ... is the day I stopped tuning into that channel.

    So I'm interested to know what so special about these characters to be rumored to go into Journey Into Imagination.

    And to the original poster ... I really love your enthusiasm. You remind me of myself .. in regards to DL's Tomorrowland. I want to see it in it's full glory .. like it was 1967 again. Not necessarily what they had or exactly looked like - but with the same level of "artistry" .. and not just the current trendy franchises thrown in because Iger says so. But a commitment to being a piece of Showmanship for the whole world to see - And resonate with most audiences - And not just those wishing TL to become the latest "Marvel-land" or "StarWars-land".
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

  7. #67

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center
    Posts
    241

    Re: Omg yes!!'

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    I have the good fortune of having gone on the original version in my two and only visits to WDW in '92 and '95. And I don't have to have "nightmares" of it's last two versions, as I have yet to ever return to the swampy state.

    Anyway .... I haven't been following the latest rumors that well, but what I've been gathering is this rumor of Disney Channel's Phineas and Ferb as the "center piece" of a new Journey Into Imagination.

    I caught one page on this - Journey into Imagination 2014 Refurbishment? - Disney Tourist Blog

    What's really to happen is anyone's guess - But pencil me in, for someone who wants to see some "imagination" restored in the halls of WDI .. and do something that has a level of the same craftsmanship and artistic vision as the original.

    I have no idea who these cartoon characters are. The day Disney Channel stopped showing content for ages above 17 ... is the day I stopped tuning into that channel.

    So I'm interested to know what so special about these characters to be rumored to go into Journey Into Imagination.

    And to the original poster ... I really love your enthusiasm. You remind me of myself .. in regards to DL's Tomorrowland. I want to see it in it's full glory .. like it was 1967 again. Not necessarily what they had or exactly looked like - but with the same level of "artistry" .. and not just the current trendy franchises thrown in because Iger says so. But a commitment to being a piece of Showmanship for the whole world to see - And resonate with most audiences - And not just those wishing TL to become the latest "Marvel-land" or "StarWars-land".
    Phineas & Ferb is one of the worst shows I've ever seen and it's a bad replacement!!! Figment and Dreamfinder need to stay! All the show is about is about these two nerdy kids who create random crazy inventions and then their sister tries to get them in trouble and she ends up failing. It's a really stupid show and doesn't deserve where Dreamfinder & Figment are supposed to be.

  8. #68

    • Artistic integrity
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    3,519

    Re: Omg yes!!'

    Quote Originally Posted by seafaring_ghost View Post
    I just have to say this... I think it is odd that so many people want to go backwards instead of trusting the imagination of the imagineers in the imagination pavilion.
    I trust imagineers to have better creative skills and talent ... but when their bosses are hamstringing them to only push franchises, and things on shoe-string budgets ... don't be surprised ONE BIT .. when things are unveiled .. and not the best that they can do.

    And that has happened one too many times in the past 15 years.

    We've seen it with Disney Studios Paris ... we've seen with DCA 1.0 .... we've seen it with TL:98 ... the list goes on and on.

    Don't kid yourself when it comes to this company.

    They'd rather fire their best talents .. and be a place of massive in-office politics .... then be the top company .. like they use to be!
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

  9. #69

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center
    Posts
    241

    Re: Omg yes!!'

    Oh and Tomorrowland-1967 this is what the new Figment ride is like since u haven't seen it: Epcot Journey Into Imagination With Figment (Full Ride) POV Walt Disney World HD - YouTube

  10. #70

    •   
    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,642

    Re: Omg yes!!'

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamfinderFigment View Post
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  133.1 KB
    Well then if it was so "unpopular" and a non line wait. Why the heck did the lines look like this huh? Sure as heck doesn't look unpopular to me. Maybe the current one is a non line wait but not the original version. The line looks huge to me
    This was on opening day... Not really relevant. The ride rarely ever had a wait after this. Though, the attraction had a very good capacity.
    -Bill

  11. #71

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    374

    Re: Omg yes!!'

    You know what this all means? That Phineas and Ferb are going to be wearing an ironic Figment costume or T-shirt in the new 3-D, film-based ride they're putting in.

  12. #72

    • Artistic integrity
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    3,519

    Re: Omg yes!!'

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamfinderFigment View Post
    Oh and Tomorrowland-1967 this is what the new Figment ride is like since u haven't seen it: Epcot Journey Into Imagination With Figment (Full Ride) POV Walt Disney World HD - YouTube
    Thanks .. but I don't want nightmares.

    I don't want my memories of the original ride .. tainted with what's there now!
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

  13. #73

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center
    Posts
    241

    Re: Omg yes!!'

    Quote Originally Posted by EC82 View Post
    You know what this all means? That Phineas and Ferb are going to be wearing an ironic Figment costume or T-shirt in the new 3-D, film-based ride they're putting in.
    no no no no no no no!! Dreamfinder & Figment only please! The actual characters!

  14. #74

    •   
    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,642

    Re: Omg yes!!'

    I love Dr. Doofenshmirtz!! They should turn the entire pavilion into Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated. The story goes like this. The evil Dr. Doofenshmirtz has kidnapped Dreamfinder and Figment and locked them in his dungeon. His plans? Now that Figment and Dreamfinder are out of the way, he can unleash his latest and greatest invention... the De-imagination-inator. It makes everyone imagine only one thing... how wonderful the taste is of celery. It just so happens that Dr. Doofenshmirtz has been able to take control of the world's celery supply, and will profit handsomely if everyone wants celery at the same time. Forever. So your mission? To help Perry... I mean, Agent P... save Figment and Dreamfinder and the entire world from Doofenshmirtz's De-imagination-inator, allowing imagination to run free with everyone. The suprise ending involves Figment and Dreamfinder convincing Doofenshmirtz to create new more imaginative "inators" that are fun, and you will be invited to try them upstairs in the new Image-inator Works. Meanwhile, Phineas and Ferb can present their newest inventions at the Imagination Expo, a fabulous new 3-D film featuring Phineas & Ferb's sister as comic relief. Dr. Nigel Channing can get a glorious 30 foot tall statue at the exit for his accomplishments as chairman of the Imagination Institute for many years before it was sold to Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated.
    -Bill

  15. #75

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center
    Posts
    241

    Re: Omg yes!!'

    Dr Nigel Channing statue?? No. Dreamfinder & Figment statue instead please. Also no, Phineas and Ferb don't fit. They should just bring back the original with modern technology or just make a Dreamfinder & Figment ride with atleast the same concept.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. OMG 50's circle skirts are a pain to stitch!
    By Morrigoon in forum Gibson Girls
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-20-2005, 09:54 AM
  2. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-18-2005, 10:36 AM
  3. Omg 200 Already!!!!!
    By monorail_rider in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-10-2005, 08:35 AM
  4. omg, something happened..
    By Disney Analyst in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-02-2005, 02:20 PM
  5. Haunted Mansion Overlay...YES or NO?
    By JoeCool in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-12-2005, 10:33 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •