Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

When does Siemens' sponsorship of SE take effect?

I don't know if it has been discussed, but when is SE, get signs or logos of Siemens and a rehab of some sort?

• Banned User

Re: When does Siemens' sponsorship of SE take effect?

Technically it's already started - the first minor difference is that the directional signs throughout future world refer to SSE as "presented by Siemens."

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

I'm sure work on the old "New Global Neighborhood" will begin soon...Siemens wants SSE in top notch. They have already refurbished much of the inside--you can tell it's been cleaned up.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Live from Progress City

Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84
    I'm sure work on the old "New Global Neighborhood" will begin soon...Siemens wants SSE in top notch. They have already refurbished much of the inside--you can tell it's been cleaned up.

That's good... it was getting a little ratty. I'd give 'em a dollar if they replaced the ride mechanism though. That chain sounds like it's going to snap sometimes. Rattle rattle...

I'd give them *two* dollars if they'd take out those ridiculous flat-panel screens in the time tunnel. Talk about harshing the vibe...

And, lest I forget, I'd give them five bucks and wash their car if they'd take down that consarn @$!%*# wand and sign.

Quote Originally Posted by MiklCraw4d
    That's good... it was getting a little ratty. I'd give 'em a dollar if they replaced the ride mechanism though. That chain sounds like it's going to snap sometimes. Rattle rattle...

I'd give them *two* dollars if they'd take out those ridiculous flat-panel screens in the time tunnel. Talk about harshing the vibe...

And, lest I forget, I'd give them five bucks and wash their car if they'd take down that consarn @$!%*# wand and sign.
    I agree with the ride mechanism...between the loud chain and the poor audio, they really need a completely new set of cars. I think 25 years may be the limit on these cars...though a little WD-40 might go a long way for the time being.
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• WDW FAN

off subject: the bars that are in the sig lines...where do you get those or who is making them? I want some....

Quote Originally Posted by gwbeachjr
    off subject: the bars that are in the sig lines...where do you get those or who is making them? I want some....
    go to "User CP" and "Edit Signature"
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• WDW FAN

go to "User CP" and "Edit Signature"
    I know how to edit the line but how do you/they create those "bars" on them?

• On the Highway in the Sky

While they are at it, howzabout going back to the original spiel? What is there now is a bit thin - too much riding along and listening to the ride cars squeak, screech, and bang. Besides, I miss "Tommorow's Child" at the end. Oh yeah, and tone down the warning that the time machine vehicles are rotating backward for the journey home. That is louder than the ride audio and repeated six billion times while you are trying to wonder at the majesty of the universe!

"Have you ever dreamed a dream, of the future - picturing a world, we've yet to see. The wonders, of finding new ways, can lead to the promise of brighter days"

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

I'd like those screens gone at the beginning...but the area at the end is important to clean up too. Probably more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Monorailred
    While they are at it, howzabout going back to the original spiel? What is there now is a bit thin - too much riding along and listening to the ride cars squeak, screech, and bang. Besides, I miss "Tommorow's Child" at the end. Oh yeah, and tone down the warning that the time machine vehicles are rotating backward for the journey home. That is louder than the ride audio and repeated six billion times while you are trying to wonder at the majesty of the universe!

"Have you ever dreamed a dream, of the future - picturing a world, we've yet to see. The wonders, of finding new ways, can lead to the promise of brighter days"
    those messages are required by lawyers due to lawsuits...I'd rather deal with the noise than see Disney racking up more multi-million dollar lawsuits.
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• On the Highway in the Sky

Talking Re: When does Siemens' sponsorship of SE take effect?

YUP - I know - that's why I said tone down rather than eliminate. I agree, some doofus looking to make a buck would sue without those....

I agree with the ride mechanism...between the loud chain and the poor audio, they really need a completely new set of cars. I think 25 years may be the limit on these cars...though a little WD-40 might go a long way for the time being.

Yes, the audio system definitely needs to be replaced as well. Which provides an excellent segue for me to bring up my two greatest MK gripes, the horrific soundtrack quality on Haunted Mansion and in the CBJ.

those messages are required by lawyers due to lawsuits...I'd rather deal with the noise than see Disney racking up more multi-million dollar lawsuits.
    I would recommend moving the screens to the queue area immediately outside the building entrance; either that or place them in the circular loading area. There's no need to have them so prominently placed in the ride corridor itself. The message they convey is pretty elementary and the screens as they are now are definitely overkill. There should be a more aesthetically pleasing way to meet the demands of the lawyers.

I think the idea here is that disney has a captive audience in the vehicles...not as much in the queue. I wish they would move, too, but I would imagine that was discussed when they initially decided to add these.

And the Haunted Mansion audio...it wouldn't even take that much work! They fixed them at Disneyland just while switching over to Haunted Mansion Holiday. Close the HM for a couple months and fix everything!
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast