Can an almost 16 year old audition for a face character?

I am 15 and will be 16 on the 10th of October and I was wondering if I can audition for a face character at Walt Disney World before my Birthday? We are going to Disney World next week and if I could audition with the possibility of making it I will. I've already talked to my parents about it and they think its a great idea! I am also 5'1 1/2, so what character could I get for my height range? I wouldn't even care if I got a fur character.

• Banned User

Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center

Re: Can an almost 16 year old audition for a face character?

Quote Originally Posted by Disney dancer View Post
    I am 15 and will be 16 on the 10th of October and I was wondering if I can audition for a face character at Walt Disney World before my Birthday? We are going to Disney World next week and if I could audition with the possibility of making it I will. I've already talked to my parents about it and they think its a great idea! I am also 5'1 1/2, so what character could I get for my height range? I wouldn't even care if I got a fur character.
    I'm guessing maybe Mickey Mouse.

• Former Churro Jockey

I don't know about the age requirement, but I worked with a girl who later on played several face characters at DL, so I can tell you that at least at DL, the same girl will play more than one person. This girl was 5'3 - 5'4 ish and super super thin. She had a very slender face, and very light skin. She actually looked like Ariel, so that was who she played the most often, but they also had her play Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, and Snow White. So based off of that you might be too short for those characters. Off the top of my head, Alice in Wonderland is the only one I can think of that would probably be around that height, if your skin tone is light enough. Otherwise I think most of the fur characters (Mickey, Minnie, etc.) are around that height. However, at least at DL, the face characters got paid double what the fur characters got.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Sounds to me like you're dwarf height...

Entertainment has different rules, but generally most roles at WDW require you be at least 18 years of age.
    -Bill

• Minion

finish your high school education at least, come back when your older, most likely taller, and better practiced. that will increase the chance you get picked by a lot and you will enjoy your time working for the company much better if thats the way you want to go.