WDW Trip Questions: Park Decisions (AK related) and Garden View Lounge

Hey fellow Micechatters!

I am going to be heading on a WDW trip come mid October of this year and had some random questions for you!

Me and my friend were planning to visit Animal Kingdom during our stay, but recently I have noticed with all the work going on for Avatar and moving Lion King to Africa, that it might not be the best time to visit since not everything would be opened. So my questions are the following:

1) Should I still go to Animal Kingdom regardless of these factors?
    2) Will Lion King still be opened in October (Oct. 23rd to be specific)?
    3) If people think it isn't the best time to visit AK, should we go to Hollywood Studios or Epcot for a second visit during our stay instead?

My group all ready plans to re-visit Magic Kingdom twice during the trip since we are going to Mickey's Not So Scary, but I am not sure of the other two parks I would want to check out more than once during my stay. This time I am going with a friend who has not been to the parks as many times as I have (wanna make her trip awesome!), so any advice would be wonderful!

Also, I was possibly looking in to visit Garden View Lounge during my stay to have tea. Does this place require reservations? I tried making them on the Disney app and it seems it doesn't. Thoughts?

Thanks a lot!
    Check out my blog Magic Ala Mode: The Blog for the Grown Up Disney Gal!

http://magicalamode.blogspot.com/

Officially online at 8/25/2011

• always, the freaky cat

Re: WDW Trip Questions: Park Decisions (AK related) and Garden View Lounge

I don't know what it will be like in October, but my family just got back from Animal Kingdom and while there was one section of construction walls hiding the future location of the Lion King arena, it was very minimal and non-intrusive. We loved this park! (Except for the Dinoland area, which is obnoxious.) Of course, if October is the "off-season," things might be different.

• From the Garums

If this is your first time, visit AK. If you have Park Hopper, visit AK and do the safari, the rapids, expedition everest, and mosey around for a bit, and then choose to leave or stay. If this isn't your first time and you don't have a park hopper, do animals interest you? I've always loved watching the animals, especially the monkeys, and doing the nature walks. The CMs are INCREDIBLY friendly and knowledgeable, very cool to talk to. It might be worth it for that. If you don't care for animals, you're not going to get much out of the park besides the mediocre Dinosaur, the good Kali River Rapids, and the excellent Expedition Everest. As well as some of the best theming in WDW. I can make a flow chart if you like!

Also, don't take my word, but I think they're keeping Festival open until it opens in the new location. Again, I might very possibly be wrong on that.

Definitely make reservations for the Garden View tea. It would be wise to call the number for dining reservations to book directly.

• formerly very helpful

How many days? I agree, if you have the time to see all the parks, see it. For me, it's generally a half-day park. Seeing the animals isn't a big deal for me, since I live in a big city with a first-rate zoo. Kilimanjaro Safaris is DEFINATELY worth seeing, as is Dinosaur. If you're limited on time, I'd get another day in for whichever other park you want more of.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

If you have an extra day and extra money, skip DAK and go to Islands of Adventure or Busch Gardens.
    -Bill

Thanks for all the helpful responses, guys

To answer the questions:

I have been to AK before, but not since the park opened when I was 8. I know the park has changed DRASTICALLY since then 1998, and I have not even been on EE yet. But one of my favorite aspects from when I went the first time was FotLK and I would love to see it again. Glad to hear though (mostly) positive feedback for AK and definitely think I will be visiting there
    Check out my blog Magic Ala Mode: The Blog for the Grown Up Disney Gal!

http://magicalamode.blogspot.com/

Officially online at 8/25/2011

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

EE is not to be missed - even without a working yeti, it's one of the best roller coasters ever!