Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This!!!

• Musical Fireman

Re: This!!!

Okay either that art is set in front of the 4D Theater...or they demolished the iconic glass pyramids which would mean no upper level ImageWorks...Though it may be genunine Disney artwork look at the authentic Garner Holt Productions Mine Ride concept that is ten years old and never been done? This art could be as old as the show and a tossed away idea? Personally I hope they never use this either, P&F has enough representation at EPCOT Center.

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

As someone previously mentioned, it's for the post show area of Captain Eo and the old giftshop/Figzilla Meet & Greet. The glass pyramids aren't really showing up in that artwork because they wouldn't be there to begin with.
    -Bill

• Inappropriate

Hey remember when DHS took that hot popular singing show and made an attraction out of it! That's what this reminds me of. As mentioned above, children's TV shows just don't have lasting power. And being Disney World, once the popularity is gone, they won't change it to something else for years. Then a whole new generation of kids (or two or three) will come in and say "What the hell is a Ferb?"

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Banned User

Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    As someone previously mentioned, it's for the post show area of Captain Eo and the old giftshop/Figzilla Meet & Greet. The glass pyramids aren't really showing up in that artwork because they wouldn't be there to begin with.
    Lol at Figzilla. Actually when I went, I didn't even see the Figment walk around character anywhere which was a little disappointing to my little sis and I. Oh should I mention the freakiest thing that happened during my vacation at Walt Disney World last summer. So my My mother,grandmother, my little sis and I were in line for the current version of Figment and while in line a woman passed out & collapsed! No Joke! then cast members had to get paramedics,etc. and then take her out! Pretty freaky huh? Me and my little sister thought so. We were both very shocked! After that freaky experience we walked into the ride like normal and got in the vehicle in the very front and rode and everything seemed normal lol. And then after we played in The ImageWorks for a bit, we got our Figment stuff we wanted in the gift store and then headed to Captain EO but boy I just thought I'd tell u guys about that creepy experience. It was the first time we rode in person too lol.

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by RexSaucy View Post
    P & F will be a massively stupid move for Disney, in my opinion. The cartoon is now 6 years old, and children's cartoons (even very successful ones) have a short lifecycle. The show's cultural importance is almost phineashed. P & F will no longer be popular by the time they actually do a reFerb, let alone 5 years after that. I would be absolutely shocked if they went through with this.
    While I agree with this sentiment, I wonder if the good folks at Disney make decisions with this type of long term thinking in mind. It seems to me that they are looking for the fastest, short term return on their investment in the shortest amount of time. Do they even think ahead 5 years to when a property may have lost its popularity?

If they do a Phineus and Ferber tie in, I hope it's done in such a way that it would be easily changed, and not overwhelming of the rest of the pavilion.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Disney has mentioned and acknowledge the huge Adult following of P&F. I think they are planning to start to put them in a feature film. Disney is planning to use P&F for the next 10 years. This show has now lasted every show that ever shown on Disney Channel.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by DreamfinderFigment View Post
    Oh should I mention the freakiest thing that happened during my vacation at Walt Disney World last summer. So my My mother,grandmother, my little sis and I were in line for the current version of Figment and while in line a woman passed out & collapsed! No Joke! then cast members had to get paramedics,etc. and then take her out! Pretty freaky huh? Me and my little sister thought so. We were both very shocked! After that freaky experience we walked into the ride like normal and got in the vehicle in the very front and rode and everything seemed normal lol.
    Poor woman. It happens all the time too. People just don't know how to hydrate properly in Florida, and they faint. Sad. I hope she was okay!
    -Bill

• Banned User

Poor woman. It happens all the time too. People just don't know how to hydrate properly in Florida, and they faint. Sad. I hope she was okay!
    Agreed.

• Heavy Breather

Do we have any actual confirmation of the pavilions supposed downtime next year?

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

Yeah, this looks as if it's something to replace Captain EO, not Imagination. So, I don't think fans of Dreamfinder and Figment have to worry.

However, either way, I don't think it's a good idea to replace Captain EO with something that's soon going to be outdated. Yes, so is Captain EO, however what's the point in replacing it with something that is going to soon be outdated and something no one cares about? I didn't even know it was still on the air. Whenever I flip through the channels I always notice it's the same live action shows again and again on the Disney channel.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
    Do we have any actual confirmation of the pavilions supposed downtime next year?
    I've seen it on schedules... however, like everything we talk about, even official things, nothing is set in stone, but Imagination is scheduled for an extensive downtime beginning in Jan.
    -Bill

• Banned User

Well then, I'm happy I got to see Figment atleast when I did before they change it to who knows what? Robert Iger said Figment isn't going anywhere so hopefully Figment is still featured in whatever will be there. I mean now I'm just hoping Figment (the character) doesn't go anywhere. I'm fine if they close the current version and replace it with a whole new imagination ride with Figment or if they do a modernized version of the classic original version. I'm just not ok with them getting rid of the Figment character at all.

• Metro-Retro Historian

A couple things jump out at me about this picture. The Imagination Institute logo is still above the door, leading me to believe that this isn't a takeover of the whole pavilion. That door is also not the entrance to the Magic Eye Theater but for the old camera store, which I don't think is being used for anything currently. Given the size of the old store, I would assume that this concept is for a Meet & Greet.

I have no idea what those "Inspiration Stations" are. Probably some more NextGen garbage because the jumping fountains aren't interactive enough for some reason.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    A couple things jump out at me about this picture. The Imagination Institute logo is still above the door, leading me to believe that this isn't a takeover of the whole pavilion. That door is also not the entrance to the Magic Eye Theater but for the old camera store, which I don't think is being used for anything currently. Given the size of the old store, I would assume that this concept is for a Meet & Greet.

I have no idea what those "Inspiration Stations" are. Probably some more NextGen garbage because the jumping fountains aren't interactive enough for some reason.
    This is all correct. That was an old store, and was used more recently for the Figzilla meet and greet.

However, I have seen concepts for the entire pavilion that re-theme everything to Muppets or Phineas and Ferb. This gives credence to the Phineas and Ferb re-do... however, like you said, it's only a small part. It could also be related specifically to the Flower and Garden Festival. All I can say is that the concept art is authentic, but we really don't know what it is for or if it will ever happen.
    -Bill

• Metro-Retro Historian

This is all correct. That was an old store, and was used more recently for the Figzilla meet and greet.

However, I have seen concepts for the entire pavilion that re-theme everything to Muppets or Phineas and Ferb. This gives credence to the Phineas and Ferb re-do... however, like you said, it's only a small part. It could also be related specifically to the Flower and Garden Festival. All I can say is that the concept art is authentic, but we really don't know what it is for or if it will ever happen.
    Right. There are whole websites dedicated to concept art of things that never happened.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12