Question Need Help! MNSSHP Question!

Hey there guys! Just a quick question regarding a costume choice for this year's Halloween party (it will be my first one too! super excited).

I'd like to attend the event as Kingdom Heart's 2's Sora. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the Disney/Sqaure Enix cross-over, he's a character from a Disney themed video game series:

Name:  8680262592_6c9bc074bf_b.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  49.2 KB

And yes the costume will be very accurate and super cool. Only one problem. Sora is known for carrying around this bad boy:
    Name:  23430448_fff_kh2_cg_original_001.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  107.3 KB

Its called a Keyblade and is essentially...a giant Key.

My question is this: would Disney World allow me into their parks for this ticketed event with a Keyblade. This Key can be made out of either Wood or Metal (I'm hoping this makes a difference). I'm very curious as I'm a huge Disney/KH fan, love dressing up and have repeatedly attended Star Wars Weekends with Lightsabers and realistic looking blaster guns. I've even seen guests enter with large metal Force FX sabers around the same size as a Keyblade so I imagine size shouldn't be the issue. Would Disney make an exception for this event?

I also noticed a post on a similar topic with promising results during (what I would assume to be) non-peak days at Disneyland in California:Keyblade Adventures at Disneyland

Anyway, I may end up calling their offices myself just to be double sure but I am very interested in seeing what opinions (or facts) any of you may have on it.

Thanks again!

Stafeezy
    Last edited by Stafeezy; 08-23-2013 at 11:53 AM.

Re: Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 2013 Costume Question!

Made a few changes to the first post, bumping this to the top to hopefully get a little more traction. What do you guys think? Is there someone on the inside who could provide an answer? Would Disney allow a Keyblade for this year's party?

I believe it all depends on the length and size. Wood is probably safer. Check the MNSSH site page, they have some of the rules listed there. I think you should be fine though.

I was thinking of doing a KH Goofy for this year, using a movie Capt. America shield modded like one of Goofy's. But my kids want us all to go as Jedi.

OH MY GOSH
    Seriously! I am SO happy to see someone else cosplaying as a KH character and going to Disney!
    I think you should be totally fine.... If the keyblade is wooden, they really shouldn't say anything... they sell more dangerous things than that inside the park!
    As for me? Cosplaying as Vanitas from Kingdom Hearts inside a Disney park is a no go.... why? Because of this: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...s_01_KHBBS.png
    You see, Disney is not so fond of masks.... especially helmets where you can't see people's eyes... and therefore I can't go to Disney dressed as Vanitas! Even at Mickey's not so scary Halloween party......
    Last edited by Vanitas; 08-26-2013 at 10:59 AM.

View my cosplay (including my ultimate endeavor to make a fully accurate Vader costume), props (including my props from my Vanitas costume that had to be abandoned due to suit constraints), and pictures at https://www.facebook.com/sandercohen13