Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If DL gets the Hat Box ghost, will WDW?

The title is pretty self explanatory. Not that we really know, but I just wanted to ask what peoples opinions are on whether it could happen, or not.

Of course, we can debate if the Hat Box ghost will really return to Disneyland's, the Haunted Mansion all day. I've seen the discussion in the Disneyland section already. However, what if it does actually happen, would WDW get a Hat Box ghost too? Why, or why not? Discuss.

Re: If DL gets the Hat Box ghost, will WDW?

I hope so... If they don't, THEN I DEMAND THE HAUNTED MANSION HOLIDAY TO BE ADDED TO WDW TOO!
    Seriously though, The Hatbox Ghost AND the Haunted Mansion Holiday need to come to WDW. What's stopping them?

View my cosplay (including my ultimate endeavor to make a fully accurate Vader costume), props (including my props from my Vanitas costume that had to be abandoned due to suit constraints), and pictures at https://www.facebook.com/sandercohen13

It's been a while since the whole hype, but I think I heard that they already had two built. I wouldn't hold my breath on that though.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vanitas View Post
    I hope so... If they don't, THEN I DEMAND THE HAUNTED MANSION HOLIDAY TO BE ADDED TO WDW TOO!
    Seriously though, The Hatbox Ghost AND the Haunted Mansion Holiday need to come to WDW. What's stopping them?
    When I asked why they did HMH at DLR and not WDW, I was told the opinion is that DLR is more a local's park and thus having a yearly overlay on the mansion is a "desirable" thing. On the other hand, WDW is a vacation destination park where the majority of guests are there for a once in a while trip and thus having a yearly overlay on the mansion would "disappoint the tourists" who would miss out on the standard HM.

I think that Nightmare Before Christmas deserves its own ride and should get the heck out of the mansion. But that's just me...

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• formerly very helpful

^^^^^^^^i agree with this, completely. Except as a Disneyland local who is NOT an ap holder, I find that I really have to go out of my way to be sure I schedule my annual trip to Disneyland at a time when the REAL Haunted Mansion will be shown, and NOT the Holiday desecration. Hatbox Ghost or no, be grateful that there is not holiday overlay for the Florida version.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Attic Haunt View Post
    When I asked why they did HMH at DLR and not WDW, I was told the opinion is that DLR is more a local's park and thus having a yearly overlay on the mansion is a "desirable" thing. On the other hand, WDW is a vacation destination park where the majority of guests are there for a once in a while trip and thus having a yearly overlay on the mansion would "disappoint the tourists" who would miss out on the standard HM.

I think that Nightmare Before Christmas deserves its own ride and should get the heck out of the mansion. But that's just me...
    this

• Heavy Breather

There should have been a subsidary of the New Fantasyland where a Nightmare Before Christmas attraction would have fit in.

• Under that tree again!

The overlay is basically a compromise. It was designed to be it's own attraction, but they didn't build and used the idea for the season in DL.

Back to the discussion.

Maybe WDW where they tweak rides more, for better or worse, will get that addition first.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

I wouldn't mind if Mystic Manor came to WDW, but I think there would be a huge riot if they replaced HM lol.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

If DL gets a hatbox ghost, I'm confident that WDW will get one. The VP of the Magic Kingdom is very much a big Haunted Mansion fan.
    -Bill

I've already been disappointed in the fact that Disneyland gets to be rethemed into Nightmare Before Christmas during the holidays, since I'm a huge fan of the film and I doubt I'd ever be able to go to Disneyland.

So, when seeing the Hat Box at D23 in videos and seeing all the speculation again, it made me wonder question on if it'd be something Disneyland would get, but not WDW again.

Also, I wouldn't mind Nightmare Before Christmas and Mystic Manor came to Magic Kingdom either, however at the same time the Haunted Mansion is my favorite attraction and I wouldn't want that to go.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

I agree, if Hattie comes back to the HM he will be in both. It may be that he will show up in DLR first, then at a later date he will show up in WDW. Put him in one to get the little tweaks worked out, then move him in to the other as well. The real question is will he move into the Tokyo attic? They seem to be mansion "purists" over there... It will be interesting to see where they decide to go.

I think that the whole "missing out" thing is just too bad... I really love the HMH
    But, as for their being a Nightmare Before Christmas attraction, I feel that that would be THE BEST thing ever!

View my cosplay (including my ultimate endeavor to make a fully accurate Vader costume), props (including my props from my Vanitas costume that had to be abandoned due to suit constraints), and pictures at https://www.facebook.com/sandercohen13

• Singing Drinker

I'm sure the new yet-to-be-announced Hatbox Ghost-themed bathrooms will look lovely.

No, seriously, WDW will probably get one. It's easier to make multiples for maintenance costs alone, and barring SERIOUS cheaping out by WDW management there's no real reason NOT to put one in.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    I'm sure the new yet-to-be-announced Hatbox Ghost-themed bathrooms will look lovely.
    With disappearing and reappearing bidets!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast