Are the rides open during Not So Scary Halloween Party?

Just wondering, because I never been to this event before and I am debating on if it's really worth it.

I don't have children and I don't like candy that much, so it isn't really for my children (if I had any), or for getting some candy. I was thinking about going to just experience what it would be like (since it's my favorite holiday) and I thought it might also be worth it if the rides are actually open during the "party". And if they are open, are all of them, or just a select few?

Re: Are the rides open during Not So Scary Halloween Party?

Most are yes, all the Major attrations have been open previously, its a great way to get to ride some rides several times in one outing(ever had a cast member go..didnt you just ride this....heh) ! and the Parade is really quite fun!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Select attractions, restaurants, and shops are open during the party.

Things like The Jungle Cruise and Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress usually aren't open after 6 or 7pm.

The event is an incredible value, especially since you can enter the park at 4pm. (I mean, it's an incredible value if you don't have any park admission that day. If you pay to go to the park in the morning, it doesn't make sense.)

From 4-7, you should ride all the attractions that will be closed during the party, in fact, ride everything you can. You'll want to be trick or treating (Just to see how it's set up and the characters that are around the park) and seeing the castle show, meet and greets, parade and fireworks during the party.

And by the way, the wait for the Haunted Mansion goes way down around 11pm.
    -Bill

I went last year and had a blast! Most of the rides are open and a very big number of people get dressed up which makes it even more fun. I'm 54 and it made me feel like a kid again! My kids were surprised I dressed up.

Name:  11-7-12-download1132.jpg
Views: 620
Size:  52.1 KB

• Super Old Guy

It's worth it if you've never gone to see the unusual lighting they use all over the park. And there's usually a really interesting "spook lady" that sits on a bench on the lawn in front of the Haunted Mansion, carrying on a spooky banter that's just incredibly cool. I'm a single mid-50's guy, I didn't dress up, I didn't get a speck of candy, and I still had a terrific time!